Forgotten Hope 2 > Tactics & Tutorials

Niebler's Tips and Tricks

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ionizer:
Another S-mine Trick:  If you place S-mines on stairs, people cannot crawl over them.  If they try crawling up or down the stairs, the mine will still go off and turn them into chunky red goo.

This is also a warning: if you are mining yourself into a building or something, don't mine the stairs or you will trap yourself.  Unless you don't mind hopping out a window for freedom.

Also works for ladders.  If someone uses the ladder, they can't go prone quick enough when they get off the ladder and will tip the mine.

--- Quote from: Die Happy on 07-04-2009, 11:04:58 ---another useful tactic with s-mines in denial of assets. s-mine enemy mortars/flak/AT-guns or just tanks so people blow up when they try to enter these assets or dont use them because they fear getting blown up.

--- End quote ---

An addendum to that:  You can mine pickup kits like grappling hooks, snipers and MGs (especially Lafettes) to prevent people from using them.

bosco:
How long do the S-mines stay active after the one who had placed them dies`?

Die Happy:
i think 1-2 minutes, should be same times as AT-mines do, and same times  as the kit stays in world before it disappears

bosco:
Ok, thanks.

Kildar:
"-S.Mines can destroy light vehicles. Similar to a AT Mine, S.Mines placed on a road can kill any truck or jeep. I'm not too entirely sure about APCs however."

It takes two smines going off at about the same time to kill a Kubel Wagon, one to kill a Willy, Hannimags are invincible to an extent [I have blown them up before, it just takes special circumstances that are impossible to reproduce I think], I think you can kill people out of the Universal Carrier. Blitzs and the OYD take one smine to kill.

Smines tend to stay active as long as the kit that deployed it is still active, so about 30 or so seconds after death.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version