Forgotten Hope 2 > Tactics & Tutorials

Hi all - looking for some 25 pounder tips in FH2

(1/8) > >>

Ksoje:
so i entered the 25 pounder  in my last game, but i can't understand how to aim with it.
when i'm in sight view, i see all the arrowns (elevation etc.) and when i right click i have the upper view and i see the cannon from above. so far so good, but how do i fire to long distances? how do i aim the cannon? and why the "traget:" says "none" ? any tips are welcomed 

Kubador:
First, you need a spotter who gives you a target with his binoculars. When you got a target you have to 'zero' the spot (make lower and side measure showing '0' in the middle). Right click shows you the spot you got. If you have zeored the spot you can fire and check where the shell lands in right-click view (for any adjustments and correction). Remember to change ammo type with space or mouse wheel (you'll mostly use HE shell type).

If no one is giving any spots you can always ask for some using comm rose (lower right corner) but remember to ask once in a while otherwise its annoying for others when sm1 ask for spots every in spammer way.

Last thing: If you get more than one spot, change betwen them with comm rose (next and previous target in upper and lower part) to choose best spots.

You can practice this in SP taking scout class and left clicking with binoculars anywhere you want (target statics and ground otherwise the spot may bounce off). Enter artilerry shortly after spotting and enjoy.

GL HF.

Priestdk:
I would like to add also look before shooting iff you cant reconise the inf on the spot as frindly or enemy use the minimap when you are on the target screen it follows to the location on the map and is above your target location aswell, to be sure you dont accidently pound the ground were there is load off frindlys then switch to Smoke ammo and help the advancing team mates get to there location easyer and unspottede, or ask your team what they whant alot off the time sqauds likes to get smoke cover.

A trick i use on a map like Sidi R... with the 2 enemy 88ts is iff im out off HE ammo and have smoke left and get a spot or request to pound them i use smoke cause then the 88ts cant see enything and are useless and can be taken out easy bye the advancing inf or tanks.

Schneider:
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I just played with you on the Siege of Tobruk map, IIRC. I sat in the leFH18 and you spotted.
Your spots became better and better during the game, just a tip:
Sometimes if you spot a tank e.g., you shouldn't aim for the tank itself, but the floor under it, because the spot might go "through" the tank and then you'll have plain desert as a spot.

Ksoje:
thanks for the help all :)

--- Quote from: Schneider on 01-04-2009, 17:04:08 ---Hi and welcome to the forum.
I just played with you on the Siege of Tobruk map, IIRC. I sat in the leFH18 and you spotted.
Your spots became better and better during the game, just a tip:
Sometimes if you spot a tank e.g., you shouldn't aim for the tank itself, but the floor under it, because the spot might go "through" the tank and then you'll have plain desert as a spot.

--- End quote ---

yeah, it took me some time to get the hang of it, but once i did it was much fun :) i tried to locate the enemy by their shots

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version