Author Topic: Death From Above - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update  (Read 6481 times)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
Re: Death From Above - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update
« Reply #45 on: 26-05-2015, 13:05:20 »
Thank you so very much! All new British content does not fail to please me. May I ask if the British Khaki Drill uniforms will get an overhaul? They should be wearing the KD shirt in conjunction with the matching trousers or shorts. The Keffiyeh that is currently worn by NCO's and officers was not too common apart from it's use by the LRDG. The Wolseley helmet or slouch hat should be a more correct option. Once again, I would like to thank you for your efforts regarding the British faction and the other content, too!

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 26-05-2015, 17:05:14 »
Are the Woseley and Pith helmet the same thing? (Or close enough visually?) Cause afaik the Germans have one.

I agree that there should be a lot less Keffiyeas. They should only be used to distinguish maps with LRDG units on them imo

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 26-05-2015, 18:05:23 »
But they look so cool. 

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 26-05-2015, 21:05:54 »
Thanks for the update! Keep up the work!  :D

Some humour:

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 26-05-2015, 21:05:22 »
Hehe, thx, Hjaldrgud. I'm always quite surprised that people start discussing the death of FH2 (again, *sigh*) in an update post!

What more would you want to notice that a mod is alive besides updates?

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 27-05-2015, 10:05:17 »
Are the Woseley and Pith helmet the same thing? (Or close enough visually?) Cause afaik the Germans have one.

I agree that there should be a lot less Keffiyeas. They should only be used to distinguish maps with LRDG units on them imo

Well, it is a pith helmet but it has a different shape. If anyone wants to work on it, I will be more than glad to provide photos of mine  :D . I would also like to thank you for your outstanding textures, Matthew_Baker!

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 27-05-2015, 11:05:58 »
What more would you want to notice that a mod is alive besides updates?

Seems we have to embed the live changelog from the tester forum on the mainpage to show that there are mostly several updates to the mod per day  ;D

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #52 on: 28-05-2015, 13:05:44 »
That's the first thing I look at on a project on GitHub or other open source project ... the latest commit or update. However free mod's tend to be different beasts to open source projects.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 28-05-2015, 14:05:33 »
Well for what it's worth the latest entry from the internal live changelog is from 9pm yesterday and reads:

[fh_gavrant] !Fixed warped soldier in seats with Codriver A animations if entered after exiting another vehicle
This affects a lot of vehicles: Flak 18, commander radios, codrivers in Opels Blitz, Bedfords, SdKfz 25x and many many others

Hopefully I haven't excited you all too much :D

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 28-05-2015, 14:05:13 »
That is nice but what is internal live changelog?
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 28-05-2015, 14:05:32 »
What hitmaker and barney were talking about... in the beta forum we have a live changelog that opens a new thread everytime someone commits a change on svn. That way the testers can keep track off what needs testing.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 28-05-2015, 16:05:44 »
Well for what it's worth the latest entry from the internal live changelog is from 9pm yesterday and reads:

[fh_gavrant] !Fixed warped soldier in seats with Codriver A animations if entered after exiting another vehicle
This affects a lot of vehicles: Flak 18, commander radios, codrivers in Opels Blitz, Bedfords, SdKfz 25x and many many others

Hopefully I haven't excited you all too much :D

No way, that bug was in FH2 since... well the beginning! It has become such a trademark of FH2, that I wouldn't be surprised to see a few demands to roll back the change!  ;D

EDIT: many thanks to gavrant for taking the time to hunt that old one down.
« Last Edit: 28-05-2015, 17:05:45 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 28-05-2015, 17:05:05 »
No way, that bug was in FH2 since... well the beginning! It has become such a trademark of FH2, that I wouldn't be surprised to see a few demands to roll back the change!  ;D
Fun fact: I officially reported this bug 4 days ago, while I was creating a ticket about something different. Looks like nobody ever bothered to fix that, as it was rather low prority task on the to-do list  ;D

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 29-05-2015, 14:05:18 »
Fun fact: I officially reported this bug 4 days ago, while I was creating a ticket about something different. Looks like nobody ever bothered to fix that, as it was rather low prority task on the to-do list  ;D
Fun fact #2: I noticed this bug weeks ago while switching between the lafettes and 88 on PHL, and my thought was "OK, it might be here for ages, but it looks like nobody ever bothered to report that, so let's put the issue at the bottom of the to-do list". :P

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 29-05-2015, 15:05:22 »
Fun fact #2: I noticed this bug weeks ago while switching between the lafettes and 88 on PHL, and my thought was "OK, it might be here for ages, but it looks like nobody ever bothered to report that, so let's put the issue at the bottom of the to-do list". :P

I don't get what bug are you talking about... :D Seems that I didn't notice it after playing thousands of hours of this game... :p

A little bit OT question, but considering some cfonstant questions relating to the future of this mod, I came up with such idea:
Would it be possible to make FH2 standalone game published on Steam when BF2 becomes free, like it happened with BF1942?