Author Topic: 128 player test - no lag!  (Read 31561 times)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
Re: 96 Player Server Test today
« Reply #105 on: 26-07-2012, 01:07:00 »
Was afk for a moment and then was suddenly wondering what is a Bishop doing right next to el Rahman flag and how did it get there because it is not physically possible to drive it there... Then I realized Lightning was spicing things up by spawning assets errywhere as a trio of Bf109's flew overhead. :P

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 26-07-2012, 02:07:39 »
 Yes excellent start.

Big salute to Nemesis for creating this 1st version of his code that WORKS! in only 5 weeks.

Now all we need to do is attend the testing events when the DEVs post them & we will go uphill from here.

BUGS

Squad Leaders can only invite (6) players but 8 can join.

Can that be modified?

8)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 26-07-2012, 02:07:10 »
Is the WaW server dead because all the regulars there are on this server right now?

quiet you,  obviously you have never experienced the awesome boobage that is  64+ player servers!

128 server was awesome on some maps, crap on others, and not awesome at all when you're trying to get something going on WaW, or as I called it, the only non 150+ ping server :D.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Guderian

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
That's great news!!! Congrats Nemes1s well done sir!

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 26-07-2012, 04:07:06 »
IT IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!

next... a mumble style program for 128... just saying... nyuk nyuk nyuk!..
« Last Edit: 26-07-2012, 04:07:40 by Neighbor Kid »
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 26-07-2012, 11:07:26 »
Holy moly, you are away for a few days and something like that happens .. I should leave the forums more often, maybe afterwards we will have unlimited viewdistance and deployable MGs :D

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
Can someone explain why a 96 player server is such a big news? There were already 128 player server in the past!?

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Can someone explain why a 96 player server is such a big news? There were already 128 player server in the past!?
Because the guy who made the first 128 player server is not going to release his code to the public/FH2. The last time he was selling/renting it.

With Nemes1s' max player code we could have 128 player servers for FH2 without renting them from that one guy.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
Because the guy who made the first 128 player server is not going to release his code to the public/FH2. The last time he was selling/renting it.

With Nemes1s' max player code we could have 128 player servers for FH2 without renting them from that one guy.

I would appreciate it! On several maps the game feels even more intense, exciting and real with more than 64 players. 128 would be awesome... but 96 players is also a big improvement!  ;D

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile

I would appreciate it! On several maps the game feels even more intense, exciting and real with more than 64 players. 128 would be awesome... but 96 players is also a big improvement!  ;D
96 was just for the test I presume. The hard par was to figure out hoe to change the max player number above 64 at all.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
AFAIK, Soppa said the code for 128 players was gonna be released for FREE after PR1.0 to every mod. who came out with the rumor of selling the code?

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
Let us deny history and embrace this wonderfull news! Great work and good luck fine tuning it 8)
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 26-07-2012, 15:07:34 »
Merged the two 96 players threads.

And for renting the 128-code, Soppa himself had a shady money collecting scheme going on this very forum.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
AFAIK, Soppa said the code for 128 players was gonna be released for FREE after PR1.0 to every mod. who came out with the rumor of selling the code?

Selling the code is indeed just a rumour, but he was quite secretive about it and rented his server out to interested people. :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 26-07-2012, 15:07:40 »
Well done mate, I wish I had the time to read those 8 pages of praise you deserve :)