Author Topic: Infantry weapons just too accurate!  (Read 5228 times)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
Re: Infantry weapons just too accurate!
« Reply #15 on: 16-07-2011, 14:07:00 »
yep, lets add regen health too.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16-07-2011, 14:07:10 »
I agree that you get perfect aim too fast in FH2 after running or jumping. I think PR overdid it a bit, but somewhere in the middle would fit FH2 best.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16-07-2011, 15:07:50 »
I would rather work with longer sight in times for rifles than with deviation. That would also make smgs more viable since they would still have the fast sight in time, making them better in snap shot type situations. I really don't like deviation, especially if you can't give good feedback about it to the player.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16-07-2011, 17:07:05 »
actually you can, IIRC, you could add 2 "><" under the player screen,  when they get close, you have 100% accuaracy, if they dont, you would have deviation till they close.

in this video, mosquill worked on something similar, but IMO its too far away from the player focus. it could be moved to the center of the screen (on top of the compass).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELkeoI-MyAg

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16-07-2011, 17:07:52 »
The patch is not even 20 hours online. A lot of thinks have been change. Before starting a suggestion like this, we should take our time and wait till the dust has settled.

In my feeling, the new system works quit good. MGs are now more are bane then before, as without tracers and the film grain, you cannot get there position as fast as before. A good machine gunner, who changes position recently, you are a real bane for the enemy. And without the crosshair and the hit indicator, you often cant guess if you hit the enemy or not. So suppressing fire might get a valid tactic now.
Pixelshoting over very long ranges seems to be also much more difficult because of the said reasons.
All in all the game (or better the infantry combat) feels much slower and more immersive than before.

But again, we should wait several weeks until a lot of people has become used to the new system and have found out, what tactics are more valid and what tactics wont be used anymore, because they became ineffective.

@tomolyons: Have you played this mod before this patch?

EDIT: The hit indicator wasn't removed, I just played on Forgotten Honor Server...
« Last Edit: 16-07-2011, 20:07:03 by =dmk= Oberst »

Offline tomolyons

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17-07-2011, 02:07:40 »
the problem is though, that people are going from jumping to aiming and killing straight away, or from prone to crouch. i was in a halftrack (german) and i was a gunner and the guy i was aiming at went from prone to crouch very quickly and shot me even though theres a shield protecting me, its not like he had time to aim or anything. it should be that the accuracy becomes very bad if you are switching between these positions because you need to line the sights up.

Offline tomolyons

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17-07-2011, 03:07:53 »
yes i did play before the patch. And yes id like to see the hit indicator gone aswell. strange why they havnt got rid of that..

Offline Guderian

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17-07-2011, 04:07:57 »
I agree that you get perfect aim too fast in FH2 after running or jumping. I think PR overdid it a bit, but somewhere in the middle would fit FH2 best.

Yes, we need a happy medium.

Offline Warior135

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17-07-2011, 10:07:56 »
*reads post out loud* *faints from breath loss*

Well rifles are accurate and that is what they are made for...

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17-07-2011, 10:07:18 »
I don't really see why should they be more inaccurate. On close distance, it doesn't really matter as target is big enough and on greater distances, I miss 4/5 rifle shots anyway. And what comes to accuracy when rising from prone to crouch for example: Let's imagine real life situation, where you have small rock wall to cover your ass. You lay behind it and know there is enemy on field 100m away. I don't think your accuracy drops at all, if you quicly rise, take aim, shoot, take cover again.

Offline m1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17-07-2011, 10:07:47 »
Pro tip, rifles of WW2 vintage will hit the point you aim it at.  Unless you're shooting at like 800m away, there is next to no deviation other than bullet drop.

Deal wit it.

Relatively so. All firearms will have some deviation but if you were to port real life mechanics we're talking a few inches per 100yds or so of deviation. Out to 400yds you would still be looking at a hit on a human sized target with "realistic" deviation.

Currently its a non issue and as many people have said prior its a user based phenomena. Skilled in-game riflemen will get their hits whilst the opposite will struggle. The only way to really neuter this phenomena or occurrence is if you were to correct deviation to a point of Axis Moon Base style lunacy.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17-07-2011, 12:07:18 »
Pro tip, rifles of WW2 vintage will hit the point you aim it at.  Unless you're shooting at like 800m away, there is next to no deviation other than bullet drop.

Deal wit it.

Relatively so. All firearms will have some deviation but if you were to port real life mechanics we're talking a few inches per 100yds or so of deviation. Out to 400yds you would still be looking at a hit on a human sized target with "realistic" deviation.

Currently its a non issue and as many people have said prior its a user based phenomena. Skilled in-game riflemen will get their hits whilst the opposite will struggle. The only way to really neuter this phenomena or occurrence is if you were to correct deviation to a point of Axis Moon Base style lunacy.

well, then there should be a small deviation when the sights are just brought up, but it stabilize over time to perfect aim. When you move your rifle there should be a slight increase in deviation. I don't know what PR did (never played PR), but I think some hints for how "settled" you are for a perfect shot would be nice. The deviation should be made not affect close range combat at all so no frustrations for players.
« Last Edit: 17-07-2011, 12:07:12 by General_Henry »

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17-07-2011, 12:07:03 »
We havent removed the hit indicator, that's a serversetting. Some have it on, some have it off, but PURE servers that follow our guideline should have it ON.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17-07-2011, 18:07:57 »

Deal wit it.

Exactly though.  These rifles had a 50% hit probability at 1000 yards, and the soldiers were trained on 300, 600, and 1000 yard ranges.  All FH2 maps, the pixel distance is about 400-500 yards...so its perfectly fine as is ;)  I was finding, last night on Giarabub, at pixel distance, it usually took me 3 shots on a moving target, 1-2 on stationary...so imo, that's fine.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17-07-2011, 19:07:33 »
you forgot to mention that you are not a floating rifle, but a soldier holding it  :p. the deviation represents tireness, sudden moves and chamging of instances. accuaracy depends more than just moving the mouse on X and Y axis.