Author Topic: Swastika Mod  (Read 5530 times)

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
Re: Swastika Mod
« Reply #30 on: 07-08-2009, 09:08:32 »
what happened to rad? :(

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07-08-2009, 13:08:20 »
Ditto. Was getting fed up with the pile of DVDs stack getting bigger and bigger here, so I just settled for a 1TB Iomega external usb hdd. Has served me well for over a year now.

And what do you do if your 1TB HDD fails after the 2-3 year warranty runs out?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline KomradePedrovsk

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08-01-2010, 03:01:02 »
Anyone know if there is or there's going to be a version for the Western Front vehicles?

Nevermind I guess this is it: http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/fh2_swastikas_FW90_update;104657#Rate

Ditto. Was getting fed up with the pile of DVDs stack getting bigger and bigger here, so I just settled for a 1TB Iomega external usb hdd. Has served me well for over a year now.

And what do you do if your 1TB HDD fails after the 2-3 year warranty runs out?

Well I have another older one that's barely used holding the most important data just in case. But the one I currently have automatically turns off when not in use.
« Last Edit: 08-01-2010, 04:01:11 by Asclepius »

Playing FH since 0.5

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08-01-2010, 04:01:45 »
It works fine I have it xD
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08-01-2010, 06:01:12 »
Flyboy_fx, you think you could test this once 2.25 comes out and let us know if it still works, maybe modify it to fit if it doesn't?

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #35 on: 08-01-2010, 11:01:12 »
I Quote Lobo:

As everybody knows after years of this silly discussion and dozens of dead horses beaten beyond their deaths:

Forgotten Hope doesn't display swastikas, SS runes and other illegal symbols because they are forbidden in videogames at Germany, one of our most important player nests. If FH displays those symbols no german server can host the mod, no german website can host the files of the mod or show our news to public, and in the past we had german devs in the german army that could even face legal prosecution if a game with swastikas is found inside their computers.

So lay off the conspirative theories, we are not politically correct daisies but this is the best for the mod. The polithical stance of the FH devs is clearly anti-nazi, in my case I am a rabid hater of those monsters and I hope they are burning in Hell and Belzebuub is doing fancy things with their guts, but I would not mind to display swastikas in a game about historic events. But the Law is against it so I won't shed a tear more about it.

The reason for the turnaround is: this forum, unlike Filefront, is located at Germany and we wonder if the free display of the work of those packs could grant legal troubles to our nice hoster, warundarum. Personally I don't mind if some users create such packs as it's the esence of moding but if Rad and other creators explicitally forbid it I think their decision should be respected.

and now, close this here

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #36 on: 08-01-2010, 12:01:15 »
Flyboy and I are working on a realism texture pack which covers german uniforms with correct insignia etc in Normandy which includes swasis on flags and planes and statics. It won't be a just swasi mod though as i've already started work on allied uniforms.

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #37 on: 08-01-2010, 12:01:57 »
Prepare for "patch failed" if you edit any files in fh2.. you will need to fully reinstall the mod if you edit textures, believe me I suffer badly from failed internal patches as I edit alot of files during devving...

but do as you like, we won't host any fh2 screenies with swaztik0rs on this or any fh2 partner site, but if it enhances your fh2 experience - go ahead  :-\

... Then guys do like me. Use 3 or 4 different versions of fh2, 1 for tournament stuff, 1 for modding/mapping, 1 for fresh fh2 playing (not modded)

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08-01-2010, 12:01:16 »
Yeah, given Lobo's recent clarification of the whole thing, I'm going to lock this thread - it served its purpose and now its existence will simply get Warumdarum in trouble and cause arguments.

Thanks to those who were mature about the whole thing.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront