Author Topic: Deaths as Israeli forces storm Gaza aid ship  (Read 25717 times)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Deaths as Israeli forces storm Gaza aid ship
« Reply #300 on: 12-06-2010, 08:06:50 »
What about Pagan agnostics like me  :'(

If that makes you an environmentalist, it's okay. ;)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 12-06-2010, 08:06:02 »
What about Pagan agnostics like me  :'(

If that makes you an environmentalist, it's okay. ;)

Oh hell no it doesn't.  I'm not with all that 'dancing naked through the trees to get in touch with nature' crap.

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #302 on: 12-06-2010, 10:06:41 »
@ Arisaka : I dont have to 'win', I would prefer a world without organised faith however, yes. My personal opinion does not change the situation with the aid ships, which I still think I see relatively neutral. I can name a hundred cases where Israel misbehaves badly and for which I despise them highly.

@ VonMudra : I don't see paganism as an organised faith, but a personal one. Something I have zero objections to :) Anyone is free to do in his head whatever he or she pleases. In general the polytheistic, classical faiths are a lot more open minded than the current 'cemented' mono-theistic ones. Besides that I find them harmless, I think that the polytheistic faiths such as Paganism have a certain charm and usefulness to them ; especially how they use methods hundreds of thousands of years old that actually say something about early humankind and in that sense have high historical, ethnographic and cultural value.

Oh, and Paganists don't go around killing people in the name of their belief ;)

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 12-06-2010, 16:06:58 »
So what do pagan agnostic make you? i really wonder that myself

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 12-06-2010, 17:06:17 »
I think we also leave out millions of people that have mixed personal beliefs. People that may believe in Jesus Christ, and Pagan Symbols as well, or any other combination of religions.

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 12-06-2010, 17:06:54 »

Oh, and Paganists don't go around killing people in the name of their belief ;)

What if they worship Mars/Ares?

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #306 on: 12-06-2010, 17:06:52 »
What if we keep this discussion on topic  8) Feel free to start another one about Pagans.

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 12-06-2010, 19:06:43 »
Also, Dnarag the reason you're afraid of organized religions is the fact that they can actually speak out against the government. I personally dislike many religions, but at least I'm respectful and acknowledge that they are probably the reason for almost every countries existence. Like I said before Europe would be non-existent . Without the Catholics and the Muslims no technology or literature would have survived the dark ages. With out the Pagans, Architecture today would consist of mud huts. Personally I don't mind atheists, in fact many of my favorite characters in history are atheists! But, I guess this is what Europe is coming to, but what do I care? Europe's influence is becoming less important every day, you military's are just puppets for the US and what do you say about it? Nothing !!  ;).   What I don't understand is why you guys don't make one giant happy country, 90% of your opinions on everything are the same.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 12-06-2010, 20:06:20 »
Without the Catholics and the Muslims no technology or literature would have survived the dark ages.

We will never know how many ancient writings were destroyed by catholic priest just because they were opposing the religion...If it was speaking about values and one god they would keep it.If it was speaking about polytheism or something that didn't go with their vision they would burn it so it will never affect people.Yes they indeed save a lot of work but they also destroyed some.
« Last Edit: 12-06-2010, 21:06:32 by MaJ.P.Bouras »

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #309 on: 12-06-2010, 20:06:09 »
@ Arisaka :

By your philosophy we should be thankful for Hitler/Nazi-Germany, since they are responsible for the biggest technological breakthroughs the past century. And, in general, any kind of major war would be a good thing because they are the triggers for formation of kingdoms, of countries, of rapid technological breakthroughs....

Acknowledging the deeds of religion (or mighty and evil regimes of the past, and wars..) is one thing. Pretending that they are still as important and necessary today as you claim...a different thing.

To revert this discussion back on topic :
What is your opinion on the whole Gaza/aid ship affair ? Show the back of your tongue ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 12-06-2010, 20:06:39 »
@ Arisaka :

By your philosophy we should be thankful for Hitler/Nazi-Germany, since they are responsible for the biggest technological breakthroughs the past century. And, in general, any kind of major war would be a good thing because they are the triggers for formation of kingdoms, of countries, of rapid technological breakthroughs....

Acknowledging the deeds of religion (or mighty and evil regimes of the past, and wars..) is one thing. Pretending that they are still as important and necessary today as you claim...a different thing.

To revert this discussion back on topic :
What is your opinion on the whole Gaza/aid ship affair ? Show the back of your tongue ;)

I already gave it. I have no right to give an opinion because I'm not a member or either religion and this is their own problem that they have to fix and history shows they'll just keep killing each other. Josef Stalin must be one of your hero's he was trying to eradicate all religion too, he was making the happy communist we all love each-other empire of your dreams.

Oh, and if you're so sure that atheism is the path to ultimate bliss and is the future than why even argue? Obviously Atheism is so great and obviously it will prevail.

Without the Catholics and the Muslims no technology or literature would have survived the dark ages.

We will never know how many ancient writings were destroyed by catholic priest just because they were opposing the religion...If it was speaking about values and one god they would keep it.If it was speaking about polytheism or something that didn't go with their vision they would burn it so it will never affect people.Yes they indeed save a lot of work but they also destroyed some.

Yes sadly that is true, but they save many more texts than they destroyed
« Last Edit: 12-06-2010, 21:06:05 by Thorondor123 »

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #311 on: 13-06-2010, 00:06:51 »

Source? I have a feeling they could have destroyed more then they saved.

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 13-06-2010, 02:06:31 »

Source? I have a feeling they could have destroyed more then they saved.

The English Dr. M.G. Maggee: Referring to the dark ages "Christians, on the other hand tried to preserve classical and Pagan works," He isn't even a Catholic.

Here's an article for you: http://www.metanexus.net/magazine/tabid/68/id/10539/Default.aspx

I can keep on giving you Christian, Atheist and Catholic sources if you wish.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 13-06-2010, 02:06:57 »
Well there is a slight problem here on how to determine if they kept more than they destroyed...How can we know they existed if the only copies were destroyed?  :-\

Most of the ancient Greek writings i study with the rhetors and their speeches and teachings of "More than one truth" are always half or some of their work completely destroyed...We know so few about ancient Greeks than what we really could.I don't know how much of latin writings were destroyed too...I need to search a bit about this.
« Last Edit: 13-06-2010, 02:06:56 by MaJ.P.Bouras »

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 13-06-2010, 20:06:22 »
The discussion in this topic should be divided in three sections:

- Was the operational boarding handled well/wrong
- Was the tactical decision to board justified/unjustified
- Is the current strategy Israel/Palestine right/wrong
- Should Moose be banned yes/no

Ok that actually four, but once in a while he must be banned ;)

Since I am heavily biased on all topics I try not to get dragged in this discussion.
The most interesting topic has not been discussed sofar what is the long term Strategy of Israel concerning the conflict.  I say Israel cause they hold the upper hand in this matter.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)