Author Topic: About Last Night...  (Read 3794 times)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
About Last Night...
« on: 09-11-2016, 16:11:41 »
So...did this really happen?

Like, seriously this happened?

We're doing this.  This happened.  America did this.  The Rust Belt did this.

I am still kinda in shock.
« Last Edit: 09-11-2016, 16:11:55 by VonMudra »

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
Re: About Last NIght
« Reply #1 on: 09-11-2016, 16:11:14 »
Time to grab Mother Earth by the pussy?!?! i didnt believe any of our candidates were worthy to be our leader, we should ashamed.

:-[

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
Re: About Last Night...
« Reply #2 on: 09-11-2016, 17:11:09 »
Hooray, weak America!

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-11-2016, 19:11:25 »
Nah, never weak here.. rather they turned our presidential race into a point the finger, he did.. she did... middle school, circus fiasco reminiscent of a horribly acted WWE skit just to fuel drama in order to rake in huge viewer ratings generating millions, possibly billions, more money for some of the wealthy out there.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-11-2016, 19:11:06 »
Honestly, you should picked Gary Johnson (your traditional pick). Or at least, if you were SJW enough, Jill Stein. At least the Greens are far more liberal, if you were tired by Obama's tired slogan "change".

Pls... dethrone those two giant political power inc. at least.

But anyway, you have chosen out of the establishment, congrats! Hopefully Trump wouldn't be as crazy as him during the campaign. Let's take him by his word... drain the swamp.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-11-2016, 19:11:14 »
Man, four years of Trump memes. Here we go!

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-11-2016, 20:11:08 »
Pls... dethrone those two giant political power inc. at least.
This, It would be nice if the US finally enters the modern era election-wise.

Abort the stupid electors, they were needed in the 18th century but totally redundant these days!
Abort the two party system, like there is only one choice possible.

Adopt percentage style vote counting and more political parties, so elections will be honest (and no more 22% of popular vote and you are it! results) and Americans will have something to choose from besides the usual suspects in D and R.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10-11-2016, 00:11:09 »
So, in which thread are we actually supposed to discuss The Happening? This or RU?

---

The elector system probably stems from the fact that the US is a union of states (which in some cases have more authority than EU member states have nowadays), and the "underrepresented" regions are usually in such system given more weight in order to keep their opinion relevant and avoid groupthink. To compare, in the EU, if parliamentary seats were allocated directly proportional to the population, most of the smaller countries would have a fraction of the seats they have now. Can't see anyone wanting to repeal that, so why should the US?

---

Provoked by the endless moaning, I had actually written down some comments on why Trump won and why it's a good thing, but decided not to post that text (yet) because it's full of crimethink and I don't want to be sent to Miniluv for re-education.

But I will say, what was absolutely hilarious was the (social) media outcry this morning European time, which only escalated after Americans got back online in the evening our time, further fueling the hysteria this side of the pond. It was (and still is) as if a thermonuclear war was already on and there would be locusts, plague, and the Four Horsemen abound, and a new sequel to the Twilight franchise had been announced. This is even more delicious than when W. got elected.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10-11-2016, 01:11:05 »
I got no clue where the ship will be sailing. This is very bitter.

I'm hoping that people will measure him according to his promises. Like a concrete wall paid by Mexico, income increases for the working classes that keep up with the elites, ISIS being solved within 90 days, the end of free healthcare for millions of people, a successive protectionist economy policy.

Then it might be over after 4 years and a lesson has been learned.

However, human rights, morals and the general code of conduct are non-negotiable for me. That will be my line for the next 4 years.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10-11-2016, 01:11:36 »
Honestly, you should picked Gary Johnson (your traditional pick).

Actually, I did vote for Gary Johnson.  So at least I got to vote for the best person running imo.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10-11-2016, 02:11:42 »
Honestly, you should picked Gary Johnson (your traditional pick).

Actually, I did vote for Gary Johnson.  So at least I got to vote for the best person running imo.

Can we know who did you voted for in the primaries?, if you voted of course.., about Gary Johnson, I don't know. I feel right now 3rd parties are a waste of time unless the system changes. Votes that went for Johnson in say, Florida, could have gone to Hillary and this whole mess would have been avoided (as if Hillary was good enough...  ::)). Unless 3rd parties are allowed into debates and to get more involved in US politics, I think voting them is kinda pointless, especially in a 100% terrible vs 99.9% terrible race..

About Trump, everyone was mistaken. The guy sold crap to his people about how he hates the system, how he is against the Establishment (they kinda hate him, yes), how he is against the media (they hate him), that sells very well among people, as him being a populist isn't enough...

This was a clear middle finger to the Establishment, and that is good. What is not good is that Trump is president... the best middle finger would have been Bernie but you know, the DNC is corrupt as hell.

« Last Edit: 10-11-2016, 02:11:27 by Torenico »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10-11-2016, 04:11:16 »
Only way to get third parties more relevant is to vote for them.  Also I don't believe in voting for people I don't support.

I didn't vote in the primaries, mostly because there was no one I wanted to vote for in them.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10-11-2016, 13:11:39 »
Could have been Bernie, but if you are Republican, then I can understand about your choice.
« Last Edit: 10-11-2016, 18:11:51 by Zoologic »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10-11-2016, 16:11:11 »
Could have been Bernie, but if you are Republican, then I can underatand about your choice.

I'm not republican either. :P

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10-11-2016, 18:11:38 »
The elector system probably stems from the fact that the US is a union of states (which in some cases have more authority than EU member states have nowadays), and the "underrepresented" regions are usually in such system given more weight in order to keep their opinion relevant and avoid groupthink. To compare, in the EU, if parliamentary seats were allocated directly proportional to the population, most of the smaller countries would have a fraction of the seats they have now. Can't see anyone wanting to repeal that, so why should the US?
Of course it stems from that, but your comparison is wrong. The system is wrong because you only need 22% of all votes to win the election, but your comparison is wrong because the US people vote for a president. You can only choose between two (something which I'd love to see changed, but that's besides the point right now), but they are both running for an office to govern the entire nation. It doesn't really matter whether they are from Texas, Alabama, California or Michigan because they are gonna be a federal governor (I mean governor as in "someone who governs" not in the usual meaning it gets in the States). In EU parliament it is a different story, because that is a union between countries, although I wouldn't really mind to see a population-proportional vote for that too. Nationalism is over the hill, it was useful in the 19th century, but we are 150-200 years later now, let's try to act like we actually developed/evolved.