Author Topic: Make it happen: trumpet of jericho, firing round corners  (Read 3616 times)

Offline KevinWad

• I live in 1935
    • View Profile
Re: Make it happen: trumpet of jericho, firing round corners
« Reply #15 on: 17-04-2011, 19:04:09 »
I don't think replacing the default "A"&"B" keys for poking would be the best idea, but if you add something without changing the already default controls, I would love to see the Poking option. Say you tap the strap key(s) twice you would poke, like tapping the forward key twice you would sprint.

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17-04-2011, 19:04:52 »
why is it called like that?
The walls of Jericho were brought down by a massive use of horns which also frightened the troops inside the city (so claims the bible ;)). Perhaps something to do with that.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17-04-2011, 20:04:15 »
I don't think replacing the default "A"&"B" keys for poking would be the best idea, but if you add something without changing the already default controls, I would love to see the Poking option. Say you tap the strap key(s) twice you would poke, like tapping the forward key twice you would sprint.

what he said

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
« Reply #18 on: 17-04-2011, 23:04:58 »
honey where's my 20 mm flak gun, them damn stukas are buzzing our house again lol ;D

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18-04-2011, 00:04:48 »
Ok, another video... this one in First person and in a somewhat steeper dive. I wish I could get the full steep dive, but well... you'd just have to get the minimod for COOP or get the devs to implement to see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zTD2z_qvRY

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
« Reply #20 on: 18-04-2011, 01:04:28 »
you did not kill or hit anything lol  :D nice vid thow

Offline Pr0z4c

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18-04-2011, 12:04:57 »
Sound is aproved! to the devs: USE THIS  :-* ;D
Signature is too big

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19-04-2011, 07:04:51 »
OMFG! That night map was awesome! We need more big desert night maps!!!
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20-04-2011, 18:04:05 »
Agree for the sound, but not the strafe thing.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20-04-2011, 19:04:59 »
why is it called like that?
The walls of Jericho were brought down by a massive use of horns which also frightened the troops inside the city (so claims the bible ;)). Perhaps something to do with that.
To elaborate:

When the Israelites came upon the city of Jericho (after the exodus from Egypt) God told Joshua he should parade the Ark once around the city every day for six days and that the Ark should be accompanied by seven priests blowing seven ram's horns. On the seventh day, they were to circle the city seven times and during the last time the people should give a great shout along with the horns and the walls of Jericho would fall. And so they did and the walls fell and they burned the city to the ground, killing all the men, women, children and animals.

[1]
[2]

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20-04-2011, 20:04:23 »
Yup, that sounds like the Nazis alright

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22-04-2011, 15:04:32 »
Might not be possible due to hardcoding, but instead of peeking, how about reducing strafing movement speed?

That would force people to move forward most of the time, only using strafing for slight adjustments.

Much like peeking, only without having to code a new animation.

Would make close-combat less silly too, people would actually charge each other instead of running and jumping in circles around each other at point blank range hoping they'll hit first.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22-04-2011, 16:04:19 »
Coding a new animation IS the point. Peeking doesn't currently work with strafe because you have half your body showing - Easy target.

What I wanted was say Strafe + SHIFT (Same philosophy as SHIFT + Foward = dash) to be a peak only that snaps you back in cover once the keys are no longer depressed.

Its about moving the players aim point with an animation that has only a 1/2 of your upper torso showing, or even less - Basically, you make up at most 1/4th the target in a peak and it can be done repeatedly to create a whole new kind of street-to-street firefight - Which, frankly goes well with the 1S1K of FH2, less to hit, more engaging firefights.

Offline KevinWad

• I live in 1935
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22-04-2011, 18:04:01 »

Would make close-combat less silly too, people would actually charge each other instead of running and jumping in circles around each other at point blank range hoping they'll hit first.
Well that really does get annoying...
« Last Edit: 23-04-2011, 00:04:36 by KevinWad »

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25-04-2011, 09:04:17 »
That night map looked cool, damn I want some total war night maps and German panthers with night vision! The night vision would actually work unlike FH1.