Author Topic: Project Reality Online testing with 128/256/512 players  (Read 32145 times)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Online testing with 128 players
« Reply #225 on: 10-02-2011, 06:02:16 »
wow, you just won't give up on this idea of a 128 player increase will you?
Isn´t FH2s aim to "recreate the massive battles of WW2"? Atleast that´s the argumentation when it comes to the "two-man crew"-discussion. If I follow that logic wouldn´t 100 or even 128 players make more sense, than just 64 players?
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #226 on: 10-02-2011, 06:02:37 »
   No you are right Homer.....128 players would be great for FH2.  Problem is if PR will share the magic code.  All other arguments are BS till we give it a go.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 10-02-2011, 10:02:12 »
No, we won't.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 10-02-2011, 10:02:28 »
Really, for arguments sake say the devs can't be bothered by it and the code is freely available. Then the ones you need to bug are the Server admin's. They can choose if they want to try 80 players on El Al or Gazala.
They only reason why you want to bugger the dev's is to ask them to create maps to specifically cater to >64 players.

So if you want this implemented soon on a server you better bugger HSLAN admin and 762 admins about it. And don't forget to bugger they guy that adjusted the code to make it public.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 10-02-2011, 11:02:00 »
   No you are right Homer.....128 players would be great for FH2.  Problem is if PR will share the magic code....

... and if it works without lag. :\

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 10-02-2011, 11:02:41 »
well see everyone kept saying it was impossible. but as you can see it is possible so yea i think that yes asking would be great and save a tremendous amount of time, but if not willing to throw the code to fh2's way there still is the possibility of a good coder to figure it out. whether how long it takes idk, but that fact is it is possible.

and no azreal im not going to drop it.. why? cause a massive ww2 game would be sick. Id rather play 128 players of Fh2 then play BF3
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 10-02-2011, 12:02:34 »
Isn´t FH2s aim to "recreate the massive battles of WW2"? Atleast that´s the argumentation when it comes to the "two-man crew"-discussion. If I follow that logic wouldn´t 100 or even 128 players make more sense, than just 64 players?
64 players who spawn back to fight relatively fast on maps that are scaled and balanced for 64 player. 128 would work only on the very largest maps.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 10-02-2011, 12:02:16 »
Nobody is demanding 128 players to Sidi Rezegh 16, durr. But some would argue that the biggest maps would already benefit from a larger number of players.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 10-02-2011, 12:02:15 »
As I said.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Vernah

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 10-02-2011, 14:02:24 »
I doubt the devs will give support to 128 players, and it'll have to be the player servers themselves that will have to do something about it. It takes 6+ months for a patch release for "balance reasons," 100 player testing would make this even longer.

It'll be up to the community to implement such code, just hope PR would share it and that it is indeed server side. This entire discussion is farce if PR doesn't share it's resources or if no one will implement it.

Offline Hellcat

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 10-02-2011, 14:02:45 »
I not that interested in the 128 players debate but...

Battle of Britain, 128 planes. Bet 10$ that it ain't possible but, damn. Would be awesome.

Have you tried the Il-2 yet?

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 10-02-2011, 14:02:02 »

Battle of Britain, 128 planes. Bet 10$ that it ain't possible but, damn. Would be awesome.

Yeah would be fun if i had a 10000 buttons keyboard,A cockpit,a 100 axis joystick,TrackIR,3 screens and godknows what else to keep that plane flying and actually being able to keep up with better equipped "hardcore" pilots...

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 10-02-2011, 15:02:59 »
Are you saying FH2 would be more fun than IL-2 in huge dogfights?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GckzDsh5DM&feature=related

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 10-02-2011, 15:02:23 »

Yeah would be fun if i had a 10000 buttons keyboard,A cockpit,a 100 axis joystick,TrackIR,3 screens and godknows what else to keep that plane flying and actually being able to keep up with better equipped "hardcore" pilots...

Hm what? I fly with a Keyboard and used to be in a Clan, fought against some real aces, they'll make FH2 Planekids cry so bad...

What is this?! I DONT EVEN

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 10-02-2011, 15:02:08 »
Problem with IL-2 is not really hardware; haven't checked in a couple of years but back when all populated servers were running with complex engine management on. Now, I don't mind realistic flight model, it's in fact not that difficult to master and it actually makes planes better balanced (ie. Zero no longer WTFPWNS everything as it does on "relaxed" settings), but the amount of pilot workload that comes with CEM varies from negligible (Automatgerät, durr) to ludicrous. Also, limited fuel is a two-edged sword, dogfights tend to be very short with it turned on. (Well, even shorter with engine overheat on.) Ideal server would probably be thus limited ammunition (so that you at least pretend to aim), fully realistic flight model, but no CEM, overheat or limited fuel, but I don't remember seeing such servers.

As a pure flight game, even against AI IL-2 is much more fun than any BF2 derivative, since BF2's lunar physics are just wrong, and looking around is a bother.

However, I don't remember IL-2 supporting even 64, much less 128 players on same server. Being a better game would matter little if the alternative would be such massive dogfights with the FH2 community.