Author Topic: Iron sight??  (Read 1545 times)

Offline hTIG

• View Profile
Iron sight??
« on: 15-05-2009, 05:05:34 »
Is there a fix yet for the iron sight bug? I cant use the toolbox so i dont need to hear about it.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
Re: Iron sight??
« Reply #1 on: 15-05-2009, 06:05:25 »
reinstall the game with the toolbox enabled this time around.

Otherwise, there is a painfully long and possibly annoying fix that involves manually replacing shaders that is to be found on these forums or on FileFront.

So, smarten up and use the toolbox
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-05-2009, 07:05:38 »
Is there a fix yet for the iron sight bug? I cant use the toolbox so i dont need to hear about it.

Why don't you just use the search function, it will definitly lead you to more than 5 similar threads all of which have the solution that you seek.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-05-2009, 08:05:26 »
And renstalling the game is the time consuming option, so don't do that.

Delete your shader cache! (hope N24 won't whip me :P )

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-05-2009, 09:05:56 »
Oh I know you want it Spit. ^^

Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #5 on: 15-05-2009, 10:05:20 »
So, smarten up and use the toolbox
As he already said, that thing wont work. Just as with plenty of other people. It always crashes for me and when it runs it doesn't reacts on anything.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-05-2009, 16:05:53 »
yeah, i cant run the toolbox on my new computer aswell, probably a vista 64 issue.

Correct me if Im wrong, but I dont think you have to replace the shaders. If you delete them, bf2 should create new ones automatically. Confirmation anyone?

EDIT: I just did a quick search for a solution on these forums and I couldn't find those 5 threads or more N24reporter mentioned. All I did get was a post in the april fools day thread, which kinda had the solution. The point: if I was new, I probably would have made a new thread as well, so theres no need to jump on people like that, IMO.
« Last Edit: 15-05-2009, 17:05:50 by Kradovech »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #7 on: 15-05-2009, 17:05:55 »
I do believe so, you just delete them and then BF2 does the rest of the work.

It never worked for me though, I just have to re-install the whole bunch.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15-05-2009, 23:05:47 »
yeah, i cant run the toolbox on my new computer aswell, probably a vista 64 issue.

Correct me if Im wrong, but I dont think you have to replace the shaders. If you delete them, bf2 should create new ones automatically. Confirmation anyone?

EDIT: I just did a quick search for a solution on these forums and I couldn't find those 5 threads or more N24reporter mentioned. All I did get was a post in the april fools day thread, which kinda had the solution. The point: if I was new, I probably would have made a new thread as well, so theres no need to jump on people like that, IMO.

Search results for "shader": here

This thread has a specific fix that involves getting new shader files: here

This post in that thread in particular: here

Note that the easiest way to try to fix the Wavy Black and White Ironsights bug is to go into My Documents>Battlefield2>cache and delete the stuff in there (it has a weird name made of random numbers and letters).  The game will recreate it when you load it up and it might fix the bug and you won't have to try the fix in that thread and/or reinstall.

Also, make sure you are playing through the FH2.exe and not BF2.exe.

As a side note, I recommend that everyone keep a copy of the FH2 2.15 Full Install installer on their computer.  That way you at least won't have to re-download it if you do have to reinstall.  It's also a good idea to keep a backup of the latest BF2 Patches (but not 1.5 until FH2 switches over to it) so you don't have to re-download them as well.
« Last Edit: 15-05-2009, 23:05:53 by Ionizer »

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16-05-2009, 00:05:36 »
*Explodes*

*Unexplodes to move thread from bug reporting to help / support*

*Explodes again*

PS: If there was a way to prevent shader problems all together it would have been done, but if FH wishes to use the graphic effects they use (qhich require custom shaders) then yes, there can be shader problems if you don't properly exit the game and such. BOOM.

;)

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16-05-2009, 07:05:55 »

Search results for "shader": here

This thread has a specific fix that involves getting new shader files: here

This post in that thread in particular: here

Note that the easiest way to try to fix the Wavy Black and White Ironsights bug is to go into My Documents>Battlefield2>cache and delete the stuff in there (it has a weird name made of random numbers and letters).  The game will recreate it when you load it up and it might fix the bug and you won't have to try the fix in that thread and/or reinstall.

Also, make sure you are playing through the FH2.exe and not BF2.exe.

As a side note, I recommend that everyone keep a copy of the FH2 2.15 Full Install installer on their computer.  That way you at least won't have to re-download it if you do have to reinstall.  It's also a good idea to keep a backup of the latest BF2 Patches (but not 1.5 until FH2 switches over to it) so you don't have to re-download them as well.
But what if you don't know its a shader issue? How are you going to find it then?

Offline hTIG

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16-05-2009, 09:05:28 »
Ok I used the damn search function you ass hat. Stop flamin in the forums. Better yet don't post if that is all you got say. I came for help not your smart ass comments.

After all my searching and digging the easiest fix for the iron sight issue for FH2 is just chage a video setting. It forces the game to optimise your video settings as we all know. So if you want to change between another mod to say regular BF2 and or FH2 just change a small something in the video setup for the game. No need to delete, rename, reinstall or use that damn tool box.
« Last Edit: 16-05-2009, 09:05:38 by hTIG »