Author Topic: the singleplayer  (Read 2147 times)

Offline timoarto

• View Profile
the singleplayer
« on: 17-04-2009, 16:04:10 »
hello, my name is timoarto, im new to this community and joined because i tought this would be a great new expierience in gaming for me, though as usual i start with singleplayer in battlefield, and i stumbled upon this problem,
when i go to singleplayer main menu, i only find some of the maps wich look great to me, on the main site i found a lot of great looking maps, but i do only find some of them in my forgotten hope 2 sp menu (havent got a mp account yet due to vista problems) i did download the last update, actually full install, and still no new sp maps, the fact im new to modifications and FH2 is my first modification i play and really love, may be the main reason for this. i hope for a reaction so i can have even more fun with this game, so until then i'll be searching how to get the maps, thanks for your time.

Offline Danger X

• I wish we stayed neutral...
    • View Profile
Re: the singleplayer
« Reply #1 on: 17-04-2009, 16:04:32 »
No such luck.

This mod is MP focussed, with some SP for a little offline fun.

On another note, wait for 2.2. There will be more maps then.

Cheers
As my tutor, old Bubbleface, used to say:"Make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."

Rowan Atkinson as The Black Adder

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-04-2009, 16:04:27 »
If you could explain your vista problems a bit more in detail, then I'm sure we can get you online on a server with us in no time.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline timoarto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-04-2009, 17:04:05 »
thanks for the reply everyone, to start, i downloaded a mappack for the single player, and installed the latest version of this mod. but i now encounter other things.
1. no more massive charges, i have a good pc and loved the fact that the dingleplayer 16 maps had a gigantuan amount of bots fighting each other, and now, its like a very small amount.
2. edit* fine now, just cant find any servers...
« Last Edit: 17-04-2009, 17:04:09 by timoarto »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-04-2009, 17:04:36 »
thanks for the reply everyone, to start, i downloaded a mappack for the single player, and installed the latest version of this mod. but i now encounter other things.
1. no more massive charges, i have a good pc and loved the fact that the dingleplayer 16 maps had a gigantuan amount of bots fighting each other, and now, its like a very small amount.
2. edit* fine now, just cant find any servers...

In order to play online you have to deinstall (i.e. remove) the SP Mappack!
Best for you is to delete the FH2 folder under battlefield2/mods/ and reinstall it from scratch.
Unpack the SP Mappack somewhere and back up the MP Maps somewhere else and then just go and rename their folder to the original map folder as soon as you want to play one or the other.

Offline timoarto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-04-2009, 17:04:23 »
haha, i forgot to say, i opened the mappack with zip, saw the amounts of files and that there was no manual, so i didnt install it at all. so i dont think thats the problem

oh, btw, the documents battlefield2/bf2/cache/ *unreadabletext*/  can be deleted to get my normal sights back, now i have the common shocking grey sights
« Last Edit: 17-04-2009, 17:04:14 by timoarto »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-04-2009, 18:04:04 »
haha, i forgot to say, i opened the mappack with zip, saw the amounts of files and that there was no manual, so i didnt install it at all. so i dont think thats the problem
oh, btw, the documents battlefield2/bf2/cache/ *unreadabletext*/  can be deleted to get my normal sights back, now i have the common shocking grey sights

Yes as you seem to have answered your own question, deleting that folder/file will restore your sights to normal.
What servers can you see?

Offline Apo-TTCC

• FH2 Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-04-2009, 19:04:26 »
Is Battlefield 2 itself updated to 1.41 already? If not that is also a common problem for not being able to see servers.
ß

Offline timoarto

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-04-2009, 19:04:41 »
sorry for the late reply, to start with, i deleted the files, but on every game the game tells me its optimizing the shaders, and after that the files are back again so on i will never not have normal ironsights.
to see what version of bf2 i had i entered the game and watched in "own games" (translation may be inaccurate since i have a dutch version of battlefield 2) to see what version i had, it said 1.4, whilst forgotten hope had a whole serie of numbers

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-04-2009, 20:04:58 »
sorry for the late reply, to start with, i deleted the files, but on every game the game tells me its optimizing the shaders, and after that the files are back again so on i will never not have normal ironsights.
to see what version of bf2 i had i entered the game and watched in "own games" (translation may be inaccurate since i have a dutch version of battlefield 2) to see what version i had, it said 1.4, whilst forgotten hope had a whole serie of numbers

You need to download the two files that are in the thread called Shader Problems and replace them in your Battlefield2 Folder then, it seems you had a bad crash or faulty fh2.exe that messed up the shader_client.zip files.

CHeck this post: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=216.0

Offline Apo-TTCC

• FH2 Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18-04-2009, 10:04:08 »
The BF2 version number is a bit cryptic. It can be seen in the upper right corner of the main menu.

Version 1.41 update installed > 1.1.2965-797.0
ß

Offline timoarto

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18-04-2009, 13:04:19 »
thanks for all help everyone, thanks to you guys i made it online, i indeed had to update to 1.41, and will try to figure those shader files to download, thanks a lot
then there is this other thing, i know there is a thread about it, but my problem is slightly diffrent,
its about the bots again....
one thread tells me to find a file and increase the values, i found it, tought i quite understood what it all meant, edited, tried to save, and *Bubup* can't save in location says wonderful vista, i tried editing the code with both wordpad and notepad, but both dont want to save, i am actually able to save the file at another location, bu then the type of the file is changed to .txt i think its a small problem, so i tought it might be anoying for people to create a thread about such small people, i dont want o be a spammer see, got some bad memories from my first forum with that...
« Last Edit: 18-04-2009, 13:04:41 by timoarto »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18-04-2009, 13:04:07 »
No worries you're asking legitimate questions and we are here to help.
Hmmm can you somehow give the folder an admin status?
Sorry I don't have Vista so I'm out here.

Offline timoarto

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-04-2009, 13:04:49 »
i dont knwo if that is possible, since today im at my dad's place on a crappy laptop. saying that i will be on the forum for today.

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21-04-2009, 12:04:14 »
It's not because the file is perhaps "read only" (thus no changes allowed)? I'm a windowsXP suer but I'd guess right clicking the file for properties should reveal some options to see if read only is on or off.

Or if you can save it to an other location with an other extention, try manually changing the extention from txt to whatever the extention is on the orginaly file. Then overwrite it (make a backup of the orginal file incase it goes wrong).