Author Topic: AT/AA/machinegun movement  (Read 858 times)

Offline Martinlegend

• Tigerfear in FH2?
    • View Profile
AT/AA/machinegun movement
« on: 07-07-2014, 19:07:52 »
 i noticed that the Flakvierling got a different type of movement - when you move the mouse the gun moves slowly to the spot where you looking - indirectly

on the other gusn like the pak 40 or other stationary weapons its allways that your Controlling the weapon directly

i would like to see the indirect movement type more often on other guns
maybe the tanks with turrent can use this Feature too if the camer will be relocated to the commander cupola the Player can look around qick and the gun/turret moves to the spot where hes pointing at then he can klick the x button and aim directly like in the flakvierling gun the
the Player has a bigger field of view and can look faster like a infantry man that take a fast look over the shield of the pak to spot for targets (but the gun still moves slowly)

waht do you think?

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
Re: AT/AA/machinegun movement
« Reply #1 on: 07-07-2014, 20:07:14 »
I think the speed of movement of flak88 is ridiculous high....

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-07-2014, 00:07:38 »
i noticed that the Flakvierling got a different type of movement - when you move the mouse the gun moves slowly to the spot where you looking - indirectly
What? I don't know what do you mean, its rotating speed is just limited like most of the guns/turrets.

if the camer will be relocated to the commander cupola the Player can look around qick and the gun/turret moves to the spot where hes pointing at then he can klick the x button and aim directly
smells like COD tank driving system to me, also, you can look around in tanks with free look key (ctrl).

Offline Martinlegend

• Tigerfear in FH2?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-07-2014, 07:07:23 »
i dont talking about the movement Speed of the vehicles/Emplacements im talking about that the camera is not locked to the weapons movement

smells like COD tank driving system to me, also, you can look around in tanks with free look key (ctrl).

i hope taht this is new because if ist not im going to feel stupid now :/
i never heard from that

but this would also be nice (or even better) for aa/guns or at weapons

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-07-2014, 11:07:38 »
i dont talking about the movement Speed of the vehicles/Emplacements im talking about that the camera is not locked to the weapons movement
But it is locked, always was so you simply couldn't notice something that doesn't exist in game.

i hope taht this is new because if ist not im going to feel stupid now :/
If you talking about CTRL then it is one of the vBF2 mechanics, it was there from day 1. With free look key you can look around the cockpit in planes or around your tank from commanders cuppola...

but this would also be nice (or even better) for aa/guns or at weapons
Adding free look to AA would be really helpfull indeed, some AA guns have them (quad .50 cal, 88) but most don't and it should be changed.

Offline Martinlegend

• Tigerfear in FH2?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-07-2014, 12:07:40 »
But it is locked, always was so you simply couldn't notice something that doesn't exist in game.

no ist not locket at the flakvierling 38 you can move the mouse and then the gun moves slowly to the pointet direction

maybe thats something that you didnt noticed^^

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-07-2014, 13:07:32 »
no ist not locket at the flakvierling 38 you can move the mouse and then the gun moves slowly to the pointet direction

maybe thats something that you didnt noticed^^
Are you sure we are talking about the same game? Because I'm afraid I know this game slightly better than you and even than I double checked the thing you're talking about. It doesn't work like this, flakvierling 38 doesn't even have freelook and your camera view is joint to the croshair (it means it is locked). What are you talking about is probably the movement lag which is a side effect of gun rotation speed limitation. If you have high mouse sensitivity, it might trick you to something you're describing more or less but I still fail to see that, I'm in game now, trying to understand you.
« Last Edit: 12-07-2014, 13:07:55 by jan_kurator »

Offline Martinlegend

• Tigerfear in FH2?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-07-2014, 18:07:52 »
oh yes you right maybe i was remebering the wrong game sry!

but i see that you know waht i mean witnthe free look mode for at/AA guns