Author Topic: Weapon 3D ironsights/sway feedback  (Read 32507 times)

Offline naoko

• View Profile
Re: Weapon 3D ironsights/sway feedback
« Reply #150 on: 07-12-2010, 05:12:33 »
here we go...the pic (can you see the iron sign?)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 07-12-2010, 11:12:00 »
That's really small image and I can't see lots of other stuff I normally see. But everything seems just fine otherwise  ???

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 07-12-2010, 13:12:36 »
It's a small image, but you can clearly see the two horizontal bits that line up with the vertical bar straight in the middle of your screen. If you see the enemy between the two horizontal bars, then just shoot. you will hit him.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline naoko

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 08-12-2010, 18:12:57 »
but the enemy shot me first since i can't see them behind the bush lol.....

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 12-01-2011, 06:01:45 »
need more sway
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 19-01-2011, 10:01:51 »
Alternatively, I'd say it could actually be all the way close like it would be in real life with no need for zoom whatsoever, but that's just an alternative way of seeing things... I feel it would add to immersion as it would be more like the real thing.

Offline Kev4000

• FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 27-01-2011, 01:01:46 »
Alternatively, I'd say it could actually be all the way close like it would be in real life with no need for zoom whatsoever, but that's just an alternative way of seeing things... I feel it would add to immersion as it would be more like the real thing.

Not really. Real world doesn't use pixels. Which means in the real world it is easier to see far away targets. Zoom is meant to compensate for that. Not like there's an invisible scope on the rifles.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 27-01-2011, 04:01:39 »
doesnt zoming iron sigths gives an unrealistic advantage over scoped weapons? for example, i guy with a k98 would see things x4 times smaller than a guy with a k98zf in real life, while in FH2, a guy with a k98 would see something x2 times smaller than a guy with the k98zf? making him better at long rage battles ?

Offline Vernah

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 27-01-2011, 04:01:34 »
I will /facepalm if iron sights are like PR. A guy 20 feet away is smaller than my left testicle, the zoom is needed because real life doesn't use pixels and objects further away are larger than they appear in-game.

As for scopes, I think they're fine. The only disadvantage snipers have is that you can't adjust ur sights whereas on the k98 u can just laser people from over 9000 feet away.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 27-01-2011, 05:01:43 »
look at it this way

real life : iron sigth-->1x
             scoped---->4x

FH2 :     iron sigth--->2x
             scoped---->4x

if you are gonna have normal weapons with zoom to represent RL better resolution, then scoped weapons should also have a bigger zoom, regardless of what their zoom was IRL, so in this example, instead of 4x we should have x6 or something along that line. otherwise your are making the advantage of scoped weapons (long range accurate) really small, when you can engage at long range with a simple ironsigthed rifle

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #160 on: 27-01-2011, 11:01:08 »
Ye but you can't hit smaller targets that hiding behind cover on long range if you don't have a scope. Scopes are for precision on long range and for obscured sights.

Offline Kev4000

• FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 08-02-2011, 00:02:47 »
There's two types of zoom.

One is optic zoom. The other is lowered field of view. Ironsights represent lowered field of view. It also compensates for not being able to see details far away which you'd be able to see IRL.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 08-02-2011, 17:02:47 »
I still wonder what it would be like. No zoom, natural sized ironsights, close-range gun.... and i think a more justifiable blurr... Worth testing, imo

Offline Vernah

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 13-02-2011, 17:02:37 »
There needs to be zoom Djinn, PR doesn't use zoom on iron sights and it's terrible. Objects are simply too small without the zoom. I think even RO2 devs came to this conclusion as well.

I'm kinda on the fence about boosting the zoom capabilities of scoped weapons, if there is too much zoom they're useless but if there isn't enough then the advantage isn't that massive in range. The view distances don't really help much either in this regard on certain maps. Even if we do add more zoom, it'll be even more annoying when we have to aim 10 feet above a guys head just to hit them :P Should just test it regardless, for example I find the Gewehr sniper variant to be an LOL sniper rifle since the zoom isn't even that beneficial.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 14-02-2011, 13:02:21 »
I'd say keep the zoom, I'm having trouble hitting stuff anyway...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...