Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 305329 times)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #885 on: 24-06-2012, 00:06:16 »
the good news is that I found a liquor store that doesn't id!  hurrah, no longer will i only be able to attain shitty vodka from shady folks and carefully hoarded stocks of whisky.   

on a side note I sometimes think about actually purchasing a cactus friend.  would look nice in my university dorm.

Biiviz

« Reply #886 on: 24-06-2012, 19:06:48 »
Beer. Always beer. I never buy shots at bars anymore, after learning the hard way that spending 150+ euros in a night leads to economic shitfuck. Usually I just drink beer when partying and of course vodka shots and wines at dinners. The occasional whisky goes down with ease when friends are at my place or when relaxing after work/school.

Haha wow, you either are a hell of a drinker or you pay a lot more for shots than I use(d) to.
When my buddies and I go out to really drink a lot, we're going to a place where the shots and mixed drinks cost 1€ on saturdays... the only way I might get to spending 150€ on one such night would be if you would count the fees for the ambulance transport.  :P

The times I spend that much is when I buy shots for the whole gang... I do tend to drink a lot, but the weekend prices are 5€/beer, 5-8€/shot, and 15€/champagne (with my uni's "studying card" ;D) which leads to extreme depression the day after when checking the bank account.

Seriously, 5 euros. Per beer. God I hate those thieving bastards.

Biiviz

« Reply #887 on: 24-06-2012, 19:06:31 »
I can't really remember the point of that post but I'm kinda drunk so fuck it. Happy midsummer y'all!

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 24-06-2012, 22:06:19 »
What the hell, who in their right mind charges 5€ for a single beer? Now tell me it's 0.33l and go shoot yourself. Jesus, we get 0,5 for like 1.2€
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 24-06-2012, 22:06:43 »
5€ is standard in Stockholm, at the nicer places you have to count on paying 6€ but often can go up to 7€. I try to stay out of those places out of principle though.

Edit: if you want a proper beer, and not just Heineken, then you need to pay at least 6€, the nicer beers up to 10€
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Biiviz

« Reply #890 on: 24-06-2012, 22:06:01 »
You're not a Stureplan kinda guy Teddy Westside? :)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 24-06-2012, 23:06:39 »
Hell no! I'm Teddy Southside!
I'm not into clubbing with music so loud I can't hear my own thoughts. But foremost I despise the people on Stureplan!
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 25-06-2012, 00:06:19 »
What the hell, who in their right mind charges 5€ for a single beer? Now tell me it's 0.33l and go shoot yourself. Jesus, we get 0,5 for like 1.2€
Say hello to stupid Finnish hypocrites who believe that when 90% of the price of the alcohol is tax, nobody will be drunk.

This must work 110%, because everyone knows Finns rarely drink and that there are no alcoholics here at all.

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: 25-06-2012, 01:06:36 »
Say hello to stupid Finnish hypocrites who believe that when 90% of the price of the alcohol is tax, nobody will be drunk.

This must work 110%, because everyone knows Finns rarely drink and that there are no alcoholics here at all.
But hink how many alcoholics we would have should the taxes ever be lowered ;)

All I can say is: it's good to live 3h from Tallinn ;D
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: 25-06-2012, 09:06:03 »
 Just make your own booze if it so expensive.

All you need is some potatoes, fruit, or corn, yeast, time, and heat. Google is your friend on this and the end product can be wicked tasty. I have made beer, wine and moonshine and I haven't lost my eyesight yet.
My Quebec includes Canada

Biiviz

« Reply #895 on: 25-06-2012, 09:06:45 »
Just make your own booze if it so expensive.

All you need is some potatoes, fruit, or corn, yeast, time, and heat. Google is your friend on this and the end product can be wicked tasty. I have made beer, wine and moonshine and I haven't lost my eyesight yet.

Yeah, a friend made moonshine when we were 15. Getting drunk on hard liquor ever time is pretty terrible, though.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 25-06-2012, 13:06:12 »
 The only hard stuff that I can stomach anymore is Drambuie or the odd single malted scotch but making your own beer is immensely satisfying.

try it,  you could use some of the beer to poach the best eggs you have ever eaten in your life.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #897 on: 25-06-2012, 16:06:26 »
Beer in cooking is highly underrated, I can recommend it to everyone. Especially when barbecuing, so many things you can marinade in beer with a few fresh spices. Delicious. I always found Drambuie interesting, not delicious but.. an interesting flavour to taste.

And I still want to make my own booze one day..
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: 25-06-2012, 16:06:07 »
Beef stew with Gouden Carolus, probably the best in the world

Take my word for it, or come and have some...
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline sheikyerbouti

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: 26-06-2012, 02:06:06 »
 Do it Fuchs,

anyone who makes booze, especially beer will not be disappointed. With little practice and almost no equipment, it is possible to make some stellar products.

Beef stew with Gouden Carolus, probably the best in the world

Take my word for it, or come and have some...

Would that not require visitng Belgium?  Don't want to run into Theta and his arsenal, plus there's more reasons to visit the Netherland's for its' cultural selection of MARIJUANA and Hookers... Lol