Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 307197 times)

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #465 on: 25-04-2012, 08:04:54 »
Vote's up tomorrow, will be voting for the capitalists, just to make sure everything stays like in the age of the SpaceSuttel. Oh and there will be poffertjes

Edit: and beer...
Wth, Belgian elections?
No, the next elections in Belgium are on the 14th october, for the city council.

This however, is much more prestigious, go read the post on page 23.
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 25-04-2012, 17:04:16 »
Fortunately the shoe crisis ended, however it was replaced with watches :(

Watches can be such a money pit... Do you own any nice ones?

The only one barely worth mentioning that I have is a decent Victorinox Chronograph.
http://www.biggerbids.com/members/images/17813/public/1981890_DSC06615.jpg

I'm interested in getting an automatic next, haven't decided how much I want to spend yet though.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Tolga<3

• (No longer) terrorizing terrorists. :<
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 25-04-2012, 20:04:41 »
Ehhh the nicest one I have is a gift which was a Hublot "Big Bang". Wonderful name for a watch. The nicest one in my opinion that I actually spent my own money on is an Omega Speedmaster, which is a terrible name but still a wonderful wonderful watch :)

Yours looks awesome by the way, black dials compliment the rest of the watch pretty well.
Epilepsy is bad.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 25-04-2012, 22:04:20 »
Thanks very much! And actually it's funny you mention the Speedmaster, because that's one of the top ones on my list haha. Excellent choice!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 26-04-2012, 01:04:27 »
 I stopped wearing a watch 10 years ago,  it's far easier to just glance at my cellphone which I always carry with me anyways.

My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #470 on: 26-04-2012, 02:04:40 »
A wristwatch is much easier to look at than a mobile phone, and is about three thousand, seven hundred and forty six times more classier (if digital rather than analogue this drops to only seven hundred and nine times classier).

Also, anyone else missing their avatars after the downtime today?  I tried to put mine back and it told me I didn't have write permissions for that folder.
« Last Edit: 26-04-2012, 02:04:52 by Eat Uranium »

Offline Tolga<3

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 26-04-2012, 02:04:18 »
Thanks very much! And actually it's funny you mention the Speedmaster, because that's one of the top ones on my list haha. Excellent choice!

Its the only watch thats worth its price IMO. Costs about 2,000-3,000 dollars but well worth it. Most of the other watches are just overpriced for their actual worth. I would highly suggest one. Not much of a fan of digital, have a Casio Protrek for work thats about it.
Epilepsy is bad.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #472 on: 26-04-2012, 02:04:05 »
I wanted to get one of them Luftwaffe Chronograph, but they were almost $2,000...so I got a $30 Timex.
Analog, of course.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 26-04-2012, 02:04:09 »
I feel like a lot of watches are overprized to me. I do not need to spend 1000 $ to get a good looking watch. I wear a 100 € (~130 $) Fossil watch and i am totally fine with it. A lot of those very expensive watches do not even look better than a lot cheaper watches. You just have to search for the right one and then you will probably find one you like, even in lower price segment. But I can understand that owning an expensive watch feels good and some of the expensive ones are just as beautiful in look as in quality. But I can not afford such things and in the end watches are pure luxury.

Offline Tolga<3

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 26-04-2012, 03:04:40 »
I agree, you could buy a $300 Seiko that has the same steel casing/strap and blue dial as Omega, which is priced in the thousands. Depends on what you like and how much you'd spend. Personally I myself find it weird people spend tons and tons of money on super duper computers to play things in high quality, and they might find that me buying a 3,000 dollar watch might be weird but eh, depends on your interests entirely :D
Epilepsy is bad.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: 26-04-2012, 03:04:18 »
In terms of functionality, I see watch as fashion thing. So I normally see all of them as grossly overpriced. For $3,000 you can get a decent motorbike that can move you from one place to another 100 km away. You just look at it to know the time, almost nothing else. But that's how I see it.

I wear a $100 Guess with black straps, very classy looking and it works underwater up to 50 m depth. Overall I like it, and it was a birthday present from my brother.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 26-04-2012, 04:04:53 »
Speaking of watches, I need to get my pocketwatch a new battery.

Would love to get my hands on an older wind-up pocketwatch, but those are very pricey locally. $200 minimum, so instead I carry a $150 pocketwatch.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 26-04-2012, 04:04:27 »
I carry a pocket watch too, battery though.  I do have a windup, but it was my greatgrandfather's gold watch that he brought here when he immigrated from England in 1900.  So it sits in a glass display case. :P

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 26-04-2012, 05:04:52 »
Speaking of watches, I need to get my pocketwatch a new battery.

Would love to get my hands on an older wind-up pocketwatch, but those are very pricey locally. $200 minimum, so instead I carry a $150 pocketwatch.

American pawn shops kick ass and should be where you start looking. Mind you a couple hundred bucks for something that will last forever isn't such a bad deal.

don't forget to haggle.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Tolga<3

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 26-04-2012, 08:04:32 »
$200 for an old school pocket watch really isn't that bad, even the G-Shock which is probably the most well known/cheap/rugged watch out there costs between $50-$200. Hate pocket watches though ;D
Epilepsy is bad.