Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 307557 times)

Biiviz

Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #300 on: 11-04-2012, 20:04:10 »
Simple question: who of you are overweight?

define overweight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overweight

My BMI was 22 last I checked, i.e. in the middle of the 'normal' range. I can lose weight easily by eating less, but I can only gain weight by intensive training. I gained nearly 16 kg during my military service even though my body fat stayed at around 12%. I've since lost almost the same amount as I don't work out as much.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 11-04-2012, 21:04:55 »
I'm just under the (middle of) "normal range" according to that chart... Seems I could use a few more pounds...   :-\
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #302 on: 11-04-2012, 21:04:08 »
Slightly overweight but very healthy was the result of a health test I did. They tested blood, blood pressure, breathing, length, weight and mental state. Name any nonsense and they tested it, was fun though. Some national research about health, have to come back every 5 years for the next 30 years.

And I go 2 or 3 times to the gym a week and work days of 10+ hours in a restaurant. Going to the gym doesn't really make me lose weight, the fat I train off comes back as muscle tissue and sporting makes a man hungry. And working in the kitchen is too much temptation for a Fuchs  :) It's a cycle, which will end in a few years, it's in the family. My mother used to have that when she was young and she's really skinny now.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 11-04-2012, 21:04:00 »
BMI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index#Limitations_and_shortcomings

Also: Not overweight, but not average.  Have a bit of a gut that I want to work to get rid of.  Was underweight most of my life though.
« Last Edit: 11-04-2012, 21:04:18 by VonMudra »

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 11-04-2012, 21:04:15 »
16.3 on the BMI.
Always been underweight, still cant find a way to break the 120lb threshold.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 11-04-2012, 21:04:49 »
6 feet , 9 stone 4 pounds  (130 pounds), underweight according to that.  Though i've always been underweight and i feel most runners are.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 11-04-2012, 22:04:07 »
Simple question: who of you are overweight?

Underweight...

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 11-04-2012, 22:04:25 »
BMI of 23 which is perfectly fine. It used to be lower before I used to exercise, around 19. Thus I think the BMI is bullshit. Muscles do weight more than fat.

Added to that I eat every sort of trash, meat and whatnot. Eating vegetables is something I do, but that´s usually not more than ingestion. I don´t enjoy that shit. Every nutritional consultant would start to cry when seeing what I eat. In fact I have to eat all this stuff to not lose weight.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 11-04-2012, 23:04:20 »
I simply don't know my weight. Has been ages since I stood on a scale. *insert trollface here*

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 11-04-2012, 23:04:33 »
4 kg overweight yay
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 12-04-2012, 02:04:05 »
No one read my link did they.

BMI IS BULLSHIT.  IT ISN"T ACTUALLY ACCURATE AT ALL, AND WAS INVENTED BY A QUASI-DOCTOR TO HELP SUPPORT IDEAS SIMILAR TO SKULL MAPPING.  IT WAS NOT, AND STILL IS NOT, REAL SCIENCE.

There. |:

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 12-04-2012, 02:04:29 »
Due to BMI i am underweight. Due to a doctor i am still underweight but not as much as BMI tells me ;) Anyway, i have a naturally very low % of body fat and i am sporty and healthy.
I still want to add some pounds to my body though. But i do not manage to do so, at least not with real success, no matter how much i eat. So i began building up muscles a few months ago, works quite well.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 12-04-2012, 04:04:20 »
My BMI say I'm borderline normal to overweight.
5'9" (175 cm) weighing 85 kg (188 lbs).

Waist-to-hip ratio wise, I'm also slightly overweight. Cause: input > output. Pushing papers is not a good lifestyle, need more workout.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 12-04-2012, 07:04:36 »
Of course BMI isn't to be trusted. But if nothing else,  it does give you a general idea of peoples proportions.

Last time I checked i was 21 on the BMI scale. I'd say i'm thin to average, though I've got the beginning of a beer-belly now.
Still, I'm in the worst physical form ever (as in muscles and mainly stamina) and have thusly began going to the gym for the first time in my life, hopefully to gain a few pounds in the right places.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 12-04-2012, 11:04:02 »
I'm just about normal weight.
1.92cm and 97kg with a fat index of 16% so there you go... now you know me inside out. :D

Bullsh. BMI says 26.3... go figure?! ^^
« Last Edit: 12-04-2012, 11:04:41 by DLFReporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off