Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 305103 times)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #285 on: 10-04-2012, 18:04:27 »
FatJoe! Tell the story how you were almost killed by a pack of hungry, huge and vicious nettles!
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 10-04-2012, 19:04:02 »
So, today i slipped on the wet floor after taking a shower and fell on the rack where we keep our towels. I hit the rack with the left side of my torso and i seem to have a handpalm size bruise, also under my arm i have a reasonable size bruise, my ass hurts from falling on it. Nothing that bad but rather annoying to be honest.

My question is, do any of you guys had similar things happen where you make a really stupid fall and hurt yourself?
I took my bike out for the first time this year. It had almost no air in the wheels. I cycled over to my parents house. It was not a long trip. Google says it is 1.5km. It has one big down hill, one small up hill, one big up hill and one small down hill. In the end I was exhausted and cursing my bike.

Then I thought I'd have a beer. The front door was bolt-locked. I left my jacket by the front door and went to the back door, which is also the cellar door. I opened the back door and heard the burglar alarm had gone off. I then ran upstairs to the front door to try and turn the alarm off. I then remembered I don't remember the key-combo. I then tried to open the bolt-lock with a key that is in the clothes cabinet. Unfortunately the key couldn't open it from the outside.

Then I tried calling my mom for the key-combo, but realized my phone was in my jacket pocket. So I ran downstairs, then back up to the front door and got my phone. Then I ran back down and called my mom, so I could finally disable the burglar alarm upstairs.

Now I really thought I deserved a beer so I took one and drank it on the porch with lovely sunlight warming my arms and face. Then I pumped air into my bike tires and headed back home.

I'm now looking to buy a used bike which isn't a ridiculous forward-leaning piece of shit biltema bike with a butt-clenching seat, but one of those nice ones I had for 4 months in Holland.

Not really a fall, but it was fairly stupid.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 10-04-2012, 20:04:29 »
FatJoe! Tell the story how you were almost killed by a pack of hungry, huge and vicious nettles!
Gather 'round people, and listen to this great story of heroism and ignorance
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 10-04-2012, 21:04:55 »
So I'm learning Polish, and so far, I absolutely love saying "Książką"  Seriously Poland, that word rules.  Also, Nauczycielką.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 10-04-2012, 21:04:33 »
Really? And could you write it down phonetically?
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 10-04-2012, 21:04:53 »
Really? And could you write it down phonetically?

I honestly wouldn't know where to begin. Kishohnshkohn, only the oh is nasal, and the n isn't a full in, just more like the very soft beginning of an n.  Or something like that....  Either way, I love saying it. It means book.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 10-04-2012, 22:04:06 »
Im surprised you are still alive, Polish language is so retarded (and awesome at the same time).
Książką - K -shi-ohh- shh kohhn. And it means "with a book" (more or less)
"book" is "książka" with a normal "A" at the end.
Yuup, i know, completely fucked up.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 10-04-2012, 22:04:52 »
Im surprised you are still alive, Polish language is so retarded (and awesome at the same time).
Książką - K -shi-ohh- shh kohhn. And it means "with a book" (more or less)
"book" is "książka" with a normal "A" at the end.
Yuup, i know, completely fucked up.

Ah, yes, that's right.  Still, I like Książką the best :O

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 10-04-2012, 23:04:19 »
My question is, do any of you guys had similar things happen where you make a really stupid fall and hurt yourself?
Funny you should ask that today. Just this afternoon, I tried to jump up to see over something and rammed my thumb into a chair while swinging my arms. My entire nail is purple and bloody.

Heat up a needle in a flame and stick it through the nail to drain the blood. Dont worry, you shouldnt be able to feel anything. If you leave the blood it will harden and expand/crack, causing further damage to the skin trying to heal underneath. There's a good chance your nail will fall off if it's bad enough, but you want to get the blood out now so the skin underneath can heal while the nail is waiting to fall off.

A couple years back I had the tip of my middle finger slammed in a 90 minute fire door. It swelled up and turned purple, but I didnt know this trick. The nail fell off eventually, but the skin underneath had healed all weird because of the chunk of trapped, dried blood. There is still a bit of mis-healed skin under the tip of my nail.

EDIT: Decent example...
http://soul-amp.blogspot.com/2007/05/stab-finger-to-release-pressure.html

More informative post...
http://rafael.net/2006/03/how-to-treat-smashed-finger.html
« Last Edit: 10-04-2012, 23:04:36 by Flyboy1942 »

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 11-04-2012, 01:04:22 »
A couple years back I had the tip of my middle finger slammed in a 90 minute fire door.

THE PAIN  :-[
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 11-04-2012, 17:04:53 »
A couple years back I had the tip of my middle finger slammed in a 90 minute fire door.

THE PAIN  :-[

:( The worst was that night, when my finger started painfully throbbing and keeping me in a semi-asleep, feverish state. I worked with a guy studying to be a EMT at the time and he told me the little bone at the end was likely broken, and that there was not much to do about it but let it heal (splint wouldnt really help). So many ice packets...

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 11-04-2012, 20:04:41 »
Simple question: who of you are overweight?
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 11-04-2012, 20:04:32 »
Almost underweight.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 11-04-2012, 20:04:28 »

define overweight
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #299 on: 11-04-2012, 20:04:04 »
Apparently I'm 9st 9lb, which I think is probably underweight.