Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 307121 times)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #150 on: 22-03-2012, 09:03:25 »
At least they kill the whole "owling" nonsense.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/owling

What? ... and miss out on the chance to look pretty girls under their skirts?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 22-03-2012, 11:03:08 »
Owlz

Discuss.
I think that owls who refuse to live in trees as they are supposed to must have some suspicious reasons.

At least they kill the whole "owling" nonsense.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/owling
BRB, going out to diggy diggy a hole.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 22-03-2012, 11:03:12 »
Owlz

Discuss.
I think that owls who refuse to live in trees as they are supposed to must have some suspicious reasons.
Maybe it's not a choice, maybe they are born that way?
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 22-03-2012, 12:03:26 »
I think they are the owls of the underworld. CPS has got to be right on this one, it is very suspicious.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 22-03-2012, 12:03:35 »
What Flyboy wrote makes sense, so basically there's 0s and 1s that will be written over, when deleted, those 0s and 1s will ignore the data to make place for new data. So basically your HDD is full of 0s and 1s ready to have data writen over.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Biiviz

« Reply #155 on: 22-03-2012, 13:03:55 »
Owlz

Discuss.
Maybe it's not a choice, maybe they are born that way?

Maybe it's Maybelline!

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 22-03-2012, 16:03:24 »
What Flyboy wrote makes sense, so basically there's 0s and 1s that will be written over, when deleted, those 0s and 1s will ignore the data to make place for new data. So basically your HDD is full of 0s and 1s ready to have data writen over.

0 and 1 is a signal for electricity current to "go through" (1) or don't go through (0). So data is a kind of records of on and off switches.

"Ignoring" means you erase the pointer or reference to a particular area of "0s and 1s," so the data could no longer be found.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 23-03-2012, 01:03:54 »
One bit can either be 0 or 1.
Eight bits are 1 Byte.
1024 Byte are 1 Kilobyte(kB).
1024 kB are 1 Megabyte(MB).

When the harddrive adds a headline on the level of Megabyte stating 'empty space', it doesn't have to erase the content below digit by digit. Then the content is still there, it has just been marked as 'empty space'.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #158 on: 23-03-2012, 02:03:00 »
One bit can either be 0 or 1.
Eight bits are 1 Byte.
1024 Byte are 1 Kilobyte(kB).
1024 kB are 1 Megabyte(MB).
A byte is almost always (but not 100%) 8 bits, and kB can mean either 103 or 210 bytes (the latter given more properly by KiB).

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 23-03-2012, 05:03:29 »
HD manufactures use the base 10 Gigabyte, which is slightly smaller than the base 2 measure software and computers use for data. That's why your HD always looks smaller when you inspect it in windows. For instance, my 160 GB hard drive is 149 GB in windows.

Hey Weebl's stuff, what do you think of Owls?

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Owls/

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hBpF_Zj4OA

Indeed.
« Last Edit: 23-03-2012, 05:03:22 by Flyboy1942 »

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 23-03-2012, 06:03:53 »
I got my wisdom teeth out today, interesting day.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 23-03-2012, 07:03:13 »
Feeling any wiser?

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 23-03-2012, 08:03:49 »
I got my wisdom teeth out today, interesting day.
About year ago, I got my both left side wisdom teeth out at same time. Upper wisom teeth was under noraml teeth, so that was taken out too  :-X

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 23-03-2012, 09:03:35 »
HD manufactures use the base 10 Gigabyte, which is slightly smaller than the base 2 measure software and computers use for data. That's why your HD always looks smaller when you inspect it in windows. For instance, my 160 GB hard drive is 149 GB in windows.

Hey Weebl's stuff, what do you think of Owls?

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Owls/

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hBpF_Zj4OA

Indeed.

The hard drives you buy are in GiB as in the exact number of bytes, this was done once as a marketing trick to make it seem you buy more memory, now all company's do it. (as in 1MiB are 1000 Bytes, while 1MB is 1024 Bytes thus your computers gives a smaller number then what the manufacturer says.)

Data is stored in 0 and 1, we all know that, it is deleted by deleting the small piece of information witch tells your computers where exactly on your disc it wrote that information. without that the next time you save something it will just over write your old data. Information is saved in different "blocks", you can choose the size of them from a few Kb to a few MB and you can select the size normaly when formatting a HDD. No matter how small a file is it will always take minimum 1 block of space.

To delete a file there are also different methods, for secure government information it is not good enough to just delete that small file, you can still easily recover it, there they use special software and change all the bits to a 0, or a 1 for example, some software only changes some bits in semi random order, it goes faster but is not as safe.

Hmm, i still remember something from computer class it seems, this is all from my memory folks, i might not be 100% correct but i think i am.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 23-03-2012, 11:03:21 »
Yes, to safely erase data from a hard disk you have to de-gauss it. Using a very strong magnetic force to scramble the disc arrangements.