Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 306498 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #90 on: 19-03-2012, 08:03:01 »
Blast the windows off.

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 19-03-2012, 09:03:42 »
Hahaha that makes me think of an episode of X-Files I just saw.

Three guys in a car, closed doors and windows
One guy shoots another guy in the head with I assume a 9mm
No one has earplugs
Other two exchange dialog in normal conversational voices

This show is so unrealistic.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 19-03-2012, 10:03:20 »
Blast the windows off.
Actually, that would be possible. Even at low volumes (volumes low enough to maintain some degree of hearing) the rear window starts to resonate. With a suitable tech-house track and volume pumped to the max it could be quite possible to blast it off. Along with your eardrums, eyeballs, and all sorts of fragile things within the car.

Of course, with the boot opened, it's mostly harmless, and there's nothing like demonstrating to your friends (and the entire neighbourhood within the kilometer) the power of bassdrum. Bonus points for driving to the beach and doing this there (sound waves travel awfully far over water, apparently). Special achievement awarded if it's late summer night at a summer cabin and you decide it's time for a rave (achievement requires you park your car as close to the shore as possible with the woofer facing the water).

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 19-03-2012, 18:03:33 »
Well Warhorse was possibly the most melodramatic movie that I have ever seen in my life.

Yeah, poor German chaps.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 20-03-2012, 01:03:50 »
You think WW1 was horrible?

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 20-03-2012, 03:03:16 »
You think WW1 was horrible?

Pffffftttt hahahahaha...Ohhhh marketing. Never change.

Could it be Mel Gibson made this game after The Patriot came out?

Blast the windows off.
Actually, that would be possible. Even at low volumes (volumes low enough to maintain some degree of hearing) the rear window starts to resonate. With a suitable tech-house track and volume pumped to the max it could be quite possible to blast it off. Along with your eardrums, eyeballs, and all sorts of fragile things within the car.

Of course, with the boot opened, it's mostly harmless, and there's nothing like demonstrating to your friends (and the entire neighbourhood within the kilometer) the power of bassdrum. Bonus points for driving to the beach and doing this there (sound waves travel awfully far over water, apparently). Special achievement awarded if it's late summer night at a summer cabin and you decide it's time for a rave (achievement requires you park your car as close to the shore as possible with the woofer facing the water).

Ill post again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3_gyFD2Ndk

Your car alarm is outdated.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 20-03-2012, 06:03:09 »
I know it's just a music video, but why didn't the guy in the rear kick in a window... a well, just another case for the Darwin Awards...
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 20-03-2012, 07:03:52 »
...bwhahahahahahahahahha.

IMO, the most gruesome war in history is the last one that Liechtenstein fought in, declareing war on Italy in 1866.  They sent a massive 80 MAN army to support the Austrians against Italy.  They returned after the war with 81 men, because they made a friend along the way.

And yes, this is true history ;)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 20-03-2012, 10:03:03 »
Oh yes, Liechtenstein's feared army, they come right behind Iceland's wild hoard!

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 20-03-2012, 15:03:21 »
Well, why set up a massive army and fight battles when you have a lot of money and might instead make some friends.  ;)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 20-03-2012, 16:03:04 »
German logic always wins!

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 20-03-2012, 16:03:16 »
I'd rather call it swiss logic. Judging by the current situation of Germany in the EU german logic would rather be "have a lot of money and yet rather few friends".

Biiviz

« Reply #102 on: 20-03-2012, 16:03:35 »
I'd rather call it swiss logic. Judging by the current situation of Germany in the EU german logic would rather be "have a lot of money and yet rather few friends".

The German thirst for world domination still exists, you're just doing it by economical means now. ;)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 20-03-2012, 17:03:28 »
Hush! You vill not spoil ze plan by betraying our sekretz to ze enemy!
« Last Edit: 20-03-2012, 17:03:41 by DLFReporter »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 20-03-2012, 17:03:54 »
LOL, isn't Finns just the same with its territorial ambitions? They want to bail Greece out in exchange for their land mortgage?

This will be a TLDR post, you've been warned! Skip!

Germans and others are just doing it right. They were bombed into oblivion after WW2, discriminated against by many bankers. Yet they woke up and overtook UK and France. But, you can't look upon yourself based on your past status. Before 1998 Asian crisis, we were rich people, I can afford to spent a week on US east coast holiday with ease. Now, I am just regular middle class people who can't even afford the west coast, let alone European holidays. Have to live by that fact, once a spoiled rich kid, now a start-up paper pusher.

We understood that it is not our place to bitch out about how unfair that US and other foreign investors controlled our economy and how IMF/World Bank told us to do shit. At that time we and those Asian countries borrowed too much money to develop industries we don't really need while they should have built our direly-needed infrastructures.

However, we and the whole Asia didn't get the same privileged treatment that European PIGGS get from IMF at that time like debt write-off, haircut, and so on in return for austerity measures. They have to repay all creditors 100%.

Yes, no generous write-offs like Greece get, except that 10% Indonesia get from Japan and easy loan from Germany. In addition, we had to relegate many economic controls to IMF, thus killing many strategic industries, giving up several controls over expensive natural resources extraction projects to foreign investors, selling assets to foreign investors. All of these "necessary steps" (according to IMF) to make up for the deficit to pay our installments, including that IMF loan.

In that situation, USA can just print money and refuse to do anything (like reducing their spending), they just keep borrowing money and people still buy that junk Yankee bond. Investors like China can't do anything because they depended on them, if US stop spending, whose going to buy all that junk they produce? Garbage in, garbage out, that easy.

Yet those PIGGS still moan like bitches about it. Racial preference and discrimination is on blatant display here and they still talk trash about Germany and other non-troubled EU countries? Aren't those PIGGS spoiled by their status as European? They need to get right