Author Topic: 2.45/Fail compilation (Video)  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Major.von-blitzwolf

• View Profile
Re: 2.45/Fail compilation (Video)
« Reply #30 on: 16-05-2013, 16:05:36 »
Nice vid. Although I have the occasional angle-mod issue it's never this much (or you just play an unhealthy amount of FH...). And somehow I never seem to be in a tank at the receiving end of these kind of fails... :-(

Tip: you might want to change the title of your video to something like 'Forgotten Hope 2 angle mod fail" or "FH2.45 tanking fail", cuz it's not the whole of FH2 that's failing here, just one aspect.

Yeah, but since it's all bascily footage of tanks and anti tanking, it's pretty clear i don't mean the whole mod but i'll add something in the description, It's still the best mod, just an unfortunate patch^^
http://youtu.be/KfJqhUauVgQ
James Bond montage (Forgotten Hope 2)

Offline Major.von-blitzwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17-05-2013, 14:05:46 »
If the fail is in lack of proper aiming skills then I agree... Otherwise, where's the fail here?

Ok I admit some shots were a bit stupid, but nothing that can't be explained by dodgy hit detection and few angle mod quirks... Oh, yeah the Shermans are bugged, but everyone already knows that...

Then let me lecture you, the fail is that is didnt go as intended. There, you can thank me later.

Anyhow, i laughed my ass off with the music.  ;D

Thank you =)
http://youtu.be/KfJqhUauVgQ
James Bond montage (Forgotten Hope 2)

Offline panzerman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25-05-2013, 00:05:14 »
Nice video Blitzwolf and funny because it's true, this happens maybe 70% of the time for me, takes 3 shots from a king tiger to take down a sherman sometimes, even with clean hits :/

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10-06-2013, 05:06:55 »
Hopefully this crap got fixed in the version to come because holy turtle on a rocket wheel chair do such bugs ruin the game.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline Watchtower1001

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10-06-2013, 09:06:05 »
Overall this is a pretty eye opening video.  When you see it all like that compiled together, it shows a pretty clear problem. 

What to do about this?  Very good question.
"762 Admin"
"Watchtower's Fh2 2.45 Sound Conversion - http://tinyurl.com/WatchySoundMod"

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10-06-2013, 09:06:08 »
While I do think that firstly it's not necessarily a bad thing to have some ambiguity and "luck" involved, and secondly that some tanks being beefed up for gameplay's sake may be necessary (Sherman 76s having thicker armor in-game despite having the same armor as the 75s in real life, to make them more of a threat in-game), I think in most areas of the mod it goes too far. You can't play for more than 20 minutes without something frustrating and buggy happening. Perfect example was today on Falaise I managed to flank and get around behind two German tanks and approached behind them at point-blank range with the Sherman V: should be open season. Instead it took 3 shots to the ass to kill the StuG and then I hit the Panther twice in the side hull before he turned and shot me. And 9 times out of 10, that Panther shot would've bounced off. The fact that every form of shell or bullet does less damage or is buggy except fucking plane bombs and rockets is not fun.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10-06-2013, 13:06:47 »
The fact that every form of shell or bullet does less damage or is buggy except fucking plane bombs and rockets is not fun.
Mind you: Panzerschreck is also a rocket and it has turned into the most useless AT weapon on Euro-maps.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10-06-2013, 13:06:36 »
If you really tried to hit me in the side from that angle it is no wonder that you needed that many shots Christie. You simply should have gone for a straight shot into the ass of my Panther, maybe two. I have to say that it nevertheless feels a bit wierd to be on the recieving end in such a situation. It felt like some of my own guys was shooting at me with a low calibre gun. And I just felt lucky and wtf.

But I don't agree that a Sherman 76 mm should be stronger than a Sherman 75. It is pure nonesense when you just take a look at the firepower we have on the most problematic maps (Totalize, Cobra, Villers etc). I can live with a Firefly surviving two shots on the front from a PIV on long range but more than this is rediciolous. On Villers yesterday I had several wierd situations like yours Christie. I gave five well aimed shots on two Firefly's and ended being killed. Two shots into the side of a Sherman with a StuG from under 100 metre while the Sherman was moving though. Btw, shooting onto the turret of all Sherman variants causes alot of bugs. A PIV or PaK 40 would shred the turret of a Sherman with ease, while going straight through the side of it. In game it just ends in a series of plong, plong, plong ...

The tank system isn't working atm and needs a fundamental overhaul. In most cases it is equal how you position your tanks with a few exceptions. While shooting at a Sherman it feels like shooting on a big fat and heavily armored cube. Kev mentioned somewhere that the Sherman has more HP, wich might be causing this connected with the higher damage dropoff in 2.45. For me it seems that it has too much HP in many situations. Would be worth a try to lower it. Atm it is just frustrating to use tank destroyers at all.
Low armor, low ammo and no firepower.
« Last Edit: 10-06-2013, 14:06:46 by 5hitm4k3r »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10-06-2013, 14:06:02 »
IIRC the Sherman M4A1 76 got beefed because it turns out that it uses a different, improved hull compared to the 75 model.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 10-06-2013, 15:06:01 »
Which enabled them to withstand Pak40 hits? These effective millimetres? It wouldn´t have made any significant difference on the battlefield. Following this logic Ausf. G Panthers need to stand a shot more than the Ausf. A to their side, because they don´t have 40mm but 50mms of armour. It would still be penetrated, but you know it had those 10mm more.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 10-06-2013, 16:06:33 »
Panzerschreck is horrible, but even the 88s don't work well.
Hellcat is ok atm but M10 and StuG (does not matter which Ausf.) are really horrible, especially because of the weak guns.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10-06-2013, 18:06:18 »
It is good to know that these forums will never die, because when it gets really, really quiet, there is always someone who posts in one of the 1000 tanksystem related threads, then all the usual suspects come in and repeat themselves one more time and the forums immediately spring back to life!

:)

Offline Watchtower1001

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10-06-2013, 21:06:15 »
Well considering we play the game almost every day, yeah, we are going to be the usual suspects.

Who would you rather hear from Slayer, someone who plays the game once a month, or someone who plays the game several hours a day?

The fact of the matter is the video is pretty clear evidence of a global problem with how tanks receive damage.  Many players we 762 admins have talked to have a clear problem with it, and consider it a game breaker in a lot of ways. 

So, instead of dismissing these people, maybe, talk about how as a developer you can maybe remedy the situation, if there is something to remedy at all,or if it can be fixed at all, *in your opinion*. 

We'd like to hear that instead.  Putting people down like that...only pushes them away... I don't think that's the right attitude for such a small tight community Slayer.  The players would like to know that someone in the dev team actually has their back and stuff will improve.  Messages like that, only convey an attitude of dismissal.
« Last Edit: 10-06-2013, 21:06:49 by Watchtower1001 »
"762 Admin"
"Watchtower's Fh2 2.45 Sound Conversion - http://tinyurl.com/WatchySoundMod"

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10-06-2013, 22:06:32 »
Well said. And the dev team gets plenty of praise when it's due, and 99 times out of 100 it is. There is nothing wrong with making it crystal clear when something within the mod is broken and not working right.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10-06-2013, 23:06:32 »
Which enabled them to withstand Pak40 hits? These effective millimetres? It wouldn´t have made any significant difference on the battlefield. Following this logic Ausf. G Panthers need to stand a shot more than the Ausf. A to their side, because they don´t have 40mm but 50mms of armour. It would still be penetrated, but you know it had those 10mm more.

That's exactly the point and the core problem wich gets overlooked quite often. This improved armor will only show effect with extremely steep angles. The PaK 40 had so much firepower that it could penetrate more than 80 mm on 30 degree from 1000 metre. From 2000 metre it could still pierce through over 90 mm at an angle of 90 degree. These are numbers from a penetration table on wikipedia, so they need to be backed up but they still look reasonable. Even if they are a tad too high, the side armor of a Sherman is an easy meal for it.

In FH2 it starts to struggle at perfect angles (30 degree and more) at around 100-150 metre wich is pure nonesense. Even with scaling it, the PaK 40 should kill every Sherman with one shot into the side armor and front armor (when the angle and armor thickness allow it). People would finaly start using Marders again and people would certainly enjoy it more to prepare ambushes with mobile PaK's and tank destroyers.