Author Topic: Win7 Crash, Please help!  (Read 8030 times)

Offline Bromhead

• View Profile
Re: Win7 Crash, Please help!
« Reply #90 on: 18-07-2012, 15:07:33 »
No, nothing

Its like an engine that wont ignite, thres no initial spark of activity or anything, just a bit of noise from the computer then it just stops.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 18-07-2012, 16:07:01 »
Anyone else here who has a tip now? I'm a bit lost.
I can offer you a chance to take a look at it personally tomorrow evening using the team viewer software. I'll be at home around 20:00-21:00UTC.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Bromhead

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 18-07-2012, 16:07:44 »
I have an MSN messenger account if that helps? lest i fear we are at the end of the line (personally i blame Windows 7, ive never had this trouble with other operating systems)

Just installed "teamviewer" so if this works im happy to allow you to have a go at fixing this. (how does this work exactly?)
« Last Edit: 18-07-2012, 16:07:57 by Bromhead »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 18-07-2012, 16:07:01 »
It's a program that allows me to remotely manage your system (when you activate that feature in team-viewer), or that allows me to look over your shoulder while you try to get BF2 to run.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Bromhead

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 18-07-2012, 16:07:20 »
Sounds ideal

Offline Bromhead

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 18-07-2012, 21:07:59 »
At the moment im just trying to find more "clues" as to why this isnt working...

One thing ive noticed is that i can only see one new map on the single player map list, St Vith. And also rather curious when i click on this one and click start i get a window pop up and ask me to select a sever before pressing start. (as opposed to the screen going black and then to desktop).

This might mean nothing but im grasping at anything at the moment.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 18-07-2012, 22:07:52 »
Have you tried deleting 'my documents/forgottenhp 2' and 'my documents/battlefield 2'

These contains your bf2/fh2 profiles and might be messed up after all installs.

Also somewhere in registry there should be a registry of what bf2 version you have installed. I'm not on my regular machine right now, but maybe:

LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Electronic Arts/EA GAMES/ etc etc

EDIT: For windows 7 64bit could be here=
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\

you might have to delete these registry options manually to install the update properly.
« Last Edit: 18-07-2012, 22:07:12 by Stubbfan »

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 18-07-2012, 22:07:20 »
At the moment im just trying to find more "clues" as to why this isnt working...

One thing ive noticed is that i can only see one new map on the single player map list, St Vith. And also rather curious when i click on this one and click start i get a window pop up and ask me to select a sever before pressing start. (as opposed to the screen going black and then to desktop).

This might mean nothing but im grasping at anything at the moment.

This is a known bug, st vith doesn't have any singe player support yet, but is still listed.

Offline Bromhead

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 18-07-2012, 23:07:46 »
Hi there Stubbfan.

I deleted the forgottenhope 2 from my documents folder (i didnt see any battlefield 2 files there, although i did delete them before but it seems non have reapeared)

Also unfortunatly im not sure what a registery in this context means, im not too technologicly minded but if you could explain it step by step in laymans terms ide much appreciate it  :)

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 18-07-2012, 23:07:28 »
That folder in my documents is created first time you run fh2.exe or bf2.exe respectively, they contain gfx settings, key settings etc. Sometimes if gfx settings fuck up you can get the error you described up above where you get the EA logo but then it just goes back to desktop.

Registry is edited by running regedit (start, run, regedit). You will find the structure i am talking about in there.

Offline Bromhead

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 19-07-2012, 00:07:06 »
ok, found the registry part.

and in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\ " are two folders, "ergc" and "wdc"

also ive just noticed in the window on the right are 4...."things", the window appears to look a little like this

Name             Type                  Data
(Default)         Reg_SZ             (Value not set)
InstallDir         Reg_SZ             C;\Bttlefield 2
Language        Reg_SZ             English
Locale             Reg_SZ             en_US

Im not sure what this means to you (if anything) but i hope it helps.