Author Topic: THE SINGLEPLAYER 2.45 HOT FIX (RELEASED!)  (Read 17694 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
THE SINGLEPLAYER 2.45 HOT FIX (RELEASED!)
« on: 17-07-2012, 18:07:17 »

Ok, boys, Patch up, Lock n Load!

THIS PATCH has been the sole reason for this thread. 

Alternative link

This pack comes with
NEW NAVMESHES FOR:
 1. Sidi Bou Zid (Also included Remick04's custom gameplay for Co-op) *NEW*
2. St. Vith *NEW*
3. Falaise Pocket
4. Anctoville (To account for changes done prior to 2.45)
5. Bardia
6. El_Alamein (Better use of PAK guns defending Kidney ridge, makes use of the entire map)
7. Eppeldorf
8. Hurtgen Forest (Includes Vehicle mesh)
9. Fall of Tobruk (Better use of entire map, including use of Allied tanks)
10. Operation Hyacinth
11. Operation Luttich (Updated to include entire map and make use of current layout)
12. Sidi Rezegh (Better attack-counter-attack, use of all stationary guns, updated to use entire underground base and 2.45 layout)
13. St. Lo Breakthrough (Still WIP commander AI)
14. Operation Cobra (Now, IMO, the 2nd most epic tank batte after Alam Halfa in SP/ Co-op fully taking advantage of Natty's Bocage, German tank reinforcement and multiple crossings at the Windmill)

Improved AI for vehicle and weapon use, including AI for ALL vehicles found in FH2.45
Improved Radio comms for bots only. Don't expect to command them, but they are more vocal
Fix for Flag bug, where both teams have a single flag. Should especially be noticeable on St. Vith & Op. Cobra.

All aspects of the pack should be compatible with FH2.45.

Feedback is most welcome.

Enjoy.

Maps.
  • Bardia CTD - Unresolved bugs sadly :(
  • St. Vith CTD - It doesnt exist so...
  • battle of Keren CTD after capping the 2nd flag - KNOWN
  • Purple Heart Lane CTD attacking the 88 - KNOWN. For some reason it can be avoided when attacking the mg34 lafette instead
  • Mgs in Port en Bessin lock you in till suicide - KNOWN
  • Villers Bocage AT guns don't get used right - They are still 2-seaters. We want them to be static so bots use them. KNOWN
  • Bastogne tank have real difficulty being brought to bear - Map is very early stage and lacks proper commander AI
  • Bastogne - US dont start with all flags as they do in CQ
  • Alam Halfa - Bot dont attack the rear British bases correctly. Need to tweak commander Ai
  • Operation Luttich - US bots don't ever spawn in the rear. Something to do with ESAI and commander AI
  • Ramelle - German bots spawn amid the US bases once first flag is capped.
  • Ramelle - US planes collide into each other after the US fly overs
  • Vossenack - Bots barely use tanks, especially the Germans
  • Vossenack - the German rocket howitzer causes a CTD. Doesnt have AI template
  • Point du Hoc - German bots keep spawning in the field after all flags are capped. the endgame isnt ready
  • Point du Hoc - German bots spawn in the US lines once the Flakvierling is in US hands
  • Alam Halfa - WTF! Brits spawn in German main.
  • No vehicles used on Hurtgen - Yes, it completely lacks vehicle meshes. I'm pushing for them, no promises though. its a tough sonofabitch to mesh
  • Falaise is unplayable with its new meshes. It will start decent, but to many bots will stuck against walls eventually
  • Op. Cobra wont work now either. Tress and new terrain need a new navmesh
  • Mt. Olympus will also not work well with the new changes, and it CTDs early in the game
  • Crete wont work too great with the new fences and the rear base is broken

Vehicles and Weapons
  • Bots don't use the SdAH51 mobile flak cannon
  • Bots don't fire mobile howitzers - Ya, they all lack raised perspective. Will fix
  • Bots don't use deployable mgs except the lafettes and when they do use the others, they don't fire
  • Bots stand around. Pistol code. Something's broken
  • My tank doesn't fire HE at infantry. Not all tanks do. Some use mg, some use HE. Its deliberate
  • AA guns are ineffective. Their sensitivity has been changed. We need a new AI code to make bots really use them well. Still, they can kill you. watch out for them 20mm :)
  • 88 Flak 18 has a repetitive sound. Yup. Issue. Can be fixed
  • Mg gunners ar esluggist and some bots dont fire their guns. They are overwhelmed with options and too little RAM. Fixable-ish. we are on it
  • Bot tanks reverse long distances and don't maneouver well. looking into it. Again, tank sensitivity left bots wanting
  • Bpts dont respond to orders - Commorose is broken. Only the commander aspects i.e 'Attack here' etc still work
  • Bots don't use the train. Weird for immersion. We can make them use it, but not sure we want to
  • Bots don't man mgs and AT guns when facing enemy vehicles and infantry - Bots see these as defensive. If they are attacking, they wont. We need to tweak this to make sure they are always manned
  • Bots on certain maps don't fire the howitzers. They are out of range or the terrain blocks them. may look into repositioning the howitzers, like on Goodwood, Op. Cobra, Keren etc.
« Last Edit: 15-11-2012, 17:11:32 by djinn »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: SINGLEPLAYER 2.45 ISSUES - WE'RE ON IT
« Reply #1 on: 17-07-2012, 19:07:18 »
HERE's WHAT WE DID GET DONE FOR SP in 2.45

• Bots now use the gabeltladung. Very deadly in maps like PeB, NA maps etc
  • Bots now use the M51 quad .50
  • Bots use all the new vehicles and weapons except the 5mm US halftruck which is currently on no map including the Hardy, the Italain AA, the NA Churchill, the Bishop, the Italian aircrafts, the 2-seater AT gun-ish, the italian howitzer etc
  • Bots fire the mg42 lafette and will man the gun like they would the mg34 version
  • Maps like Mersa Matru now have deadly AT guns since all are now fixed guns
  • New maps in the build include Bastogne, Keren (Crashes ingame though), Vossenack, Hurtgen
  • The Crusader AA will now fire at airplanes and not just ground targets
  • Bots now use the whitewash sdkfz251 'hanomag'
  • Bots now use the wespe. It still lacks raised perspective, but it works now without crashing
  • Op. Goodwood has its original meshes that allow German tanks to cross the rails anyway they can and bring to bear on the battlefield
« Last Edit: 19-07-2012, 18:07:35 by djinn »

Offline calger14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-07-2012, 23:07:26 »
Odd that I haven't seen any of these bugs! Most seem to be working fine for me.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-07-2012, 08:07:36 »
That wont be possible. These aren't bugs that MAY show up. They always do.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-07-2012, 11:07:14 »
Only installed it last night, but here's a few you haven't mentioned:

- Not all maps have ESAI.

- Bastogne ticket count in SP needs adjusting (only 200 per side atm)

- Trying to enter the (US) spotter plane on Bastogne causes a CTD.

- STILL NO GOODWOOD-16! WTF?

- Respawn timer is still broken.

I played a round of Goodwood and the German tanks were AWOL, but IIRC that was an intermittent problem.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-07-2012, 14:07:05 »
I have a question, are Bastogne, Hurtgen and Karen navmeshed for only Co-Op and not SP, or both? I'm also having troubles with bot ratios. I've edited my aidefault file to get more bots in SP, but this seems to affect my co-op in that I have to put the bot ratio at 65~ to get even amounts of bots on both teams. This isn't normal, is it? Sorry if it was unclear :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18-07-2012, 18:07:24 »
It is. The bot ratio has been optimized for 48 bots as from BF 1.5 patch, so any addition requires an adjustment because the ratios will be out of whack - DICE didn't expect tampering with their numbers sadly.

Since 48 is almost = 50, it works fine for 50:50 ratio. So 64 bots require a ratio of 64 to get it back to 50:50

I'm not sure about the SP maps. Need to check.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18-07-2012, 21:07:52 »
Well, I might want to add that the driving skills of the bots has even worsened... As already stated, they also often get stuck since new objects have been placed. My local COOP server often crashes, and in general game stability seems to be a wee bit oof an issue now and then. Nonetheless, FH2.45 is awesome!

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19-07-2012, 18:07:51 »
It is not the worsening driving skills. It is vehicle navmesh that is the problem. It tells where the bots could go when driving vehicles. They simply put a navmesh over obstacles, thick forests and so on. Thus you'll see bots in tanks at Bastogne trying to attack the town by going through the "thick" Ardennes forest without the same success as von Manstein did.

BTW, here is what I did (FH2.45 vanilla), 84 bots, skill 80:

Finished a round in Bastogne (once)
Bots fight fiercely, they also use smokes now to try to blind you. They also attack the objective relentlessly, making gameplay on both sides much more fun. Before this, the SP game of FH2 is usually fun in one side only, and the other is simply the receiving end.

I experienced a temporary lag (dropping into 2-3 FPS), but fortunately it resolves itself. And I didn't crashed as usual in previous FH2 versions (even with SP enhancements).

Crashed in Lebisey. (once)
I managed to play for about 30 minutes before crashing for unknown reason. The fight here is very fierce. The British come in swarms, almost mindless, but more coordinated this time. Their tank seems to prefer attacking the east AT position. It is very difficult to defend as Germans because the bots don't usually take cover, while the advancing British unleash everything they could while advancing. The MGs from tanks, Bren carriers, and even hip firing Bren gunners.

I was frustrated because of dying multiple times defending the first line flags. So I go to the chateau, find the StuG III G, drive them mad. But my armour was reduced little by little by distant firing Shermans, engineer bots trying to sneak through (but the satchel failed to attach), near miss PIAT rounds. All in all, the bots is more proactive in this one, despite numbering more than 64. No idle bots are spotted in German camps. Some are manning fixed emplacements like MGs and AT cannons, but generally they are aiming at something.

But then I crashed when the StuG III G is almost finished by a group of angry British engineers. It starts with a stutter in the FPS, a few seconds later it CTDed.

Finished a great round at Goodwood. (once)
Finally Goodwood is working! The bots now fight for Cagny. That's great to know that they are actively doing something, unlike in the previous version, where they wander the map aimlessly and happen to be near a flag and suddenly grow the urge to cap it.

I found that they can now drive tanks properly, navigating through the rail roads, passing the dig-in positions. I found one StuG hiding behind a building near the railroad crossing, apparently from a Sherman Firefly. It stay in hiding while my King Tiger exchanged shots with the Firefly. When I finally finish off the Firefly, the StuG come out and cross the road. I don't know whether this is just a coincidence or not, but it certainly is cool to watch.

Another cool bot behavior in this map is the tank platoon attack. The German bots somehow managed to assemble 2 Panthers, 1 Panzer IV, 1 Marder, and 1 StuG, but not including my King Tiger, to assault the Le Mesnil Frementel farmhouse. They seem to advance together, stopping when seeing a vehicle approaching the target, and exchanged shots briefly, then continues the advance. Almost realistic... a beautiful sight.

The Germans won by narrow 80-0 (from 5600 tickets for both, so that's a long fight alright), due to long fight in the Cagny streets. The excessive smoke, suppression effect, and many other visual enhancements in this release makes Cagny more lively than before. All in all, it is perfect!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19-07-2012, 18:07:34 »
Yer Goodwood was given the original meshes that worked so no more 30m reverses and tanks will cross the rails where ever they can get, including the dikes as well as the underpass.

If you ever played this map in 2.2, you'd have seen the complete routing of Allied tanks by German tanks leaving only infantry to struggle through the lines. It made for more dynamic play. We managed to get that.

Small success.

The issue is that 2.4 saw new tank motion that bots haven't been well calibrated to. Same for the kubelwagen.

Yes, the meshes aren't ideal. Auto-generated meshes have been used more and more with little or NO manual tweaks like in the days of Winterhilf and Bizness.

We have been trying to at least get more maps in with the limted resoruce, so fine-tuning has sadly taken a distant second place.

I wish we could build a complete SP dev team of at least 3 people with unique but overlapping skill sets.
Then we can really make SP shine again.

Offline abaihebat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20-07-2012, 17:07:28 »
Hi..im a newbie..playing fh2 for quite sometime now but mostly offline...just want to know..i played goodwood but the germans have no tanks...only a couple of marders and halftrack...im surprised to read here that there is a king tiget for germans but i cant find it in the map...plz help

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20-07-2012, 21:07:00 »
Lot of SP/Coop modes cause random CTDs for me. But that was also the case before 2.45 so I guess its normal.

Also a lot of maps have test-mode ticket counts (9999) or unadjusted ticket counts (150). I had to fix all that manually.

And please - St. Vith needs SP! the Map is awesome! (same holds for Sidi Bou Zid)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21-07-2012, 11:07:06 »
Do you know how to mod SP? We could use more hands on deck from the community, Darman.

For instance, the change you made to set tickets. I want all maps to have a decent amount of tickets that can be adjusted above 400. Some maps like Luttich, Ramelle etc, lack this.

SP is frankly, a hot mess.

If you are interested, I will be continuing this thread with focus on fixing issues. Hopefully, we can create a hot fix for SP if we fix enough things.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21-07-2012, 12:07:41 »
Yeah I know how to mod SP a little.

But unfortunatly Im currently very busy with my basic military training and only at home a few days (like today) in a month. And those days I really need to use to enjoy gaming or doing other things I like. So I would love to invest more time into modding but - I just don't have the time.

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21-07-2012, 23:07:16 »
I could have sworn I fixed a lot of those issues for 2.4.... though I wouldn't be surprised if things got broken again.

With 2.4 the mg34 lafette was the cause of the CTD on PHL. At least it seemed to be, because replaceing it with an Mg42 lafette resolved the crash for me. Havn't tried it with 2.45. I've only played a little, enough to realize how much more of a mess the SP portion of the mod has become.

The issue with ticket times being excessive may not be resolvable without personal editing. From the looks of things the team has added a whole slew of new gamemodes. Some of which may use the ticket counts for sp and coop. Changing the ticket counts manually will fix it for yourself if all you play is SP/coop. But doing it may break the new game modes as designed for multiplayer. For instance, Coop uses the 16player ticket count regardless of what size map you are playing on. So if any of the new gamemodes are using the 16player layer, the ticket counts for that game mode will affect the ticket counts of all map sizes in coop.