Author Topic: official word on widescreen  (Read 742 times)

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
official word on widescreen
« on: 08-01-2010, 00:01:11 »
I know he last patch added widescreen support so when I went out to replace my old failing monitor I happily bought a hi def 1920x1080 21.5 in monitor.

Easy enough to choose the correct resolution (1920x1080) in the game menu.  The game world looks nice too, but the map and chat/hud look like complete crap - it's as if i'm playing on my old 17" but with the text and map just stretched an extra 4.5 inches.  The text is enormous and wipes out my field of view, it's nasty to look at.

Does the widescreen fixer fix this?

Is this officially supported, no issues with punkbuster, etc?

Or is there another solution?

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Re: official word on widescreen
« Reply #1 on: 08-01-2010, 00:01:51 »
It's supported, and I  don't know why you are having these problems. But I assure you that it works, and I have screenies to prove it somewhere on the forum

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-01-2010, 02:01:31 »
Prove that what works, the built in EA/dice support or the widescreen fixer?

I don't have the widescreen fixer, I'm trying to find out about it... long have I heard of it's PB troubles as I played on a 17" 4:3 screen for the last 7 years.  Then wegot the 1.5 patch so i figured when i upgraded to a wide I'd have no worries... but yes my text and map, aka the hud, all look like hell. 

big blown out shitty text...  what to do...

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-01-2010, 02:01:21 »
Buy a new monitor. Word.

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-01-2010, 03:01:20 »

I don't have the widescreen fixer, I'm trying to find out about it... long have I heard of it's PB troubles as I played on a 17" 4:3 screen for the last 7 years.  Then wegot the 1.5 patch so i figured when i upgraded to a wide I'd have no worries... but yes my text and map, aka the hud, all look like hell. 

hmm im playing on a 21 inch 1680X1050 and things look cool to me, I think that the text will always look like crap I dont think its made to be hi res

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-01-2010, 03:01:36 »

EA support, but It won't look perfect because of EA. post a pic, it'll be easier to tell if it's a problem