Author Topic: The Afrika Corps advances! (220 bots, 3x the vehicles) I love this game  (Read 1495 times)

Offline DutchGuyMike

• View Profile
After figuring out how to allow more vehicles in a map/remove respawn timers/customize stuff it really makes the game unlike any other game out there (Battlefield, Heroes & Generals are sort of similar in mechanics and sheer amount/scale but Forgotten Hope 2 is just better in every way than those games, at least to me.. heh).

Love the cinematic look when the columns advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Rfmhv9mb4
« Last Edit: 24-09-2021, 06:09:40 by DutchGuyMike »

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
impressive !

It's a shame bf2 bot aren't that smart and are just following the shortest path.
It would be more epic to have "pack" of enemies instead of a line/column

Offline DutchGuyMike

• View Profile
impressive !

It's a shame bf2 bot aren't that smart and are just following the shortest path.
It would be more epic to have "pack" of enemies instead of a line/column
Yeah.. that is why I play with quite a lot of bots - so they often look as if they are in a pack/group.
I also made the priority for bots to stay in cover higher, which makes battles look a lot more real!

The reason they are in a column, as seen in the video, is because they just started to move out of the base and piecemeal the AI were going into the tanks and started to move out, hence a column formation formed.

All I ever wanted was a WW2-themed game in which you can fully play the German side,
and to just have fun using a variety of weapons and vehicles (combined warfare) at once.

I used to play Heroes & Generals to get my WW2 fix, but it's a very mediocre game (and I don't really like PvP),
Forgotten Hope 2 delivers all I ever wanted - as a child, especially! Even just listening to a battle is great for me!

Not to mention that the game can be modified to your taste, which really enhances my personal enjoyment of it.

:D

And on a side note, I like that the bots stay on given "paths" (mostly), because it prevents them from scattering all over the map which the AI has a tendency to do in other games and it makes battle feel more intense. At least in my perspective, the bots aren't THAT horrible, it could have been much worse (especially default AI).
« Last Edit: 20-10-2021, 02:10:36 by DutchGuyMike »

Offline The Gentle Uncle

• View Profile
I also made the priority for bots to stay in cover higher, which makes battles look a lot more real!

How can you do that?