Author Topic: Many moons ago  (Read 464 times)

Offline GooGeL

• FH-Betatester
  • Shedmaster
    • View Profile
    • WOLFgaming.net
Many moons ago
« on: 12-09-2020, 20:09:41 »
I made all the fun stuff, to garbage. Sorry for all the shenanigans.

Spoiler

I really do miss my(!) Panther at Sector 318. FH v0.7.

Spoiler

And I also miss being a part of a good community, ye ol' [WOLF]. Stabby-stab through Pavlov's House vs [JiF]Mentat.. who had his ping advantage pffft. Chillin' in my Bofors, while having a snack and watching a horde of planetards(!) waiting for planes to spawn. Cheering and blasting through the comms F2-F1, F7-F7, F5-F5. Reporting enemy positions by the grid on Teamspeak to my lads...

Many moons ago that was what I did spend most of my free time doing, late into the night and early into mornings.
I don't think I've ever had the pleasure to feel such comradery in any other game. I guess quite a few games still have some sort of community behind them that are still burning with creativity and fun.

Hm... I rather be apart of something than being just a lone part. I guess that's why I fail at enjoying the i.e. newer BF games much. There isn't much attempt (today?) to coordinate a heap of folks in Land-Air-Sea units at the very same time over Discord. And that is with good disciplin, to try grab home a victory...

I'm not saying we were better people or whatever back in the day. We were just nerds walkin' on the same path! And I've somewhat lost touch of my nerd and all my fellow nerds.

Many, many good memories still stands today though! Like they happen yesterday.

Thanks o/