Announcements > Developer Blogs

[Historical Background] Weapon Loadouts

<< < (2/9) > >>

Matthew_Baker:
That's insane just how many Sten guns an air landing platoon would carry.

also, the rifle platoons don't have any Boys rifles. Would that be dedicated to a totally different platoon?

Ts4EVER:
From what I can gather a normal rifle platoon had them, but the African version ditched them due to their uselessness.

GeoPat:
i don't think it is that surprising that elite troops, late in the war, would choose any available select-fire guns over obsolete bolt action rifles.  Remember, most armies rushed to replace those with automatic assault rifles when the war ended.

Matthew_Baker:

--- Quote from: GeoPat on 09-07-2017, 20:07:23 ---i don't think it is that surprising that elite troops, late in the war, would choose any available select-fire guns over obsolete bolt action rifles.  Remember, most armies rushed to replace those with automatic assault rifles when the war ended.

--- End quote ---

Yea but the Sten still shoots a 9mm. I'd feel a little underpowered going to battle with that over a heavier round.

Maybe it was mission specific? Paratroopers would probably get first choice and could still go on a mission with more Enfields if needed. If they're actually paradropping in, they're probably chose the Sten or keep their loadout less cumbersome. But if they didn't need to paradrop they had a bit more freedom to chose.

Ts4EVER:
As it says on the pic, they had a pool of 300 Sten guns.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version