Author Topic: You have failed to connect. Please check you network connections  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
I've been getting this error msg (topic name) for most (95%) of the FH2 and BF2 servers for the past 3-4 days.

I've been googling it and it might be cos of punkbuster cos my firewall is not blocking anything related to bf2. I've been trying to manually update PB but everytime the test phase gives me:

Checking firewall settings         OFF
Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe   NO
Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrB.exe   NO

Which i think should be the problem. Although the test gives me clean bill of health in the end.
I've been googling this "error" but i have not yet found a workable fix for my pc.
If i understood it right the problem is win7 + pb. I do not have those files in here C:\Windows\system32\ but those files are in the C:\Windows\syswow64\  cos it is some win7 64bit thingy. I tried moving them there and giving them firewall access and admin rights, no luck.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know how to fix this?

I run win 7 64bit and MSE is my firewall and i should have everything allowed there that should be allowed. BF2 and FH2 worked just fine not that long ago and i don't know what changed this.

Tnx.

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
Alright. Complete re-install of BF2 and FH2 seems to have fixed it for now. I hope i don't have to do this every week to be able to play FH2 :-/

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Actually you shouldn't have to, but unluckily some people just seem to have a contract with Murphy on this.
I can understand why so many game developers go to consoles... keeps it oh so simple and simple means more profit. Unluckily we are stuck with BF2 and our beloved PCs. ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline xxxzekexxx

• View Profile
So how do you fix problem without reinstalling? Love to know its driving me crazy.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
You should be able to fix this problem by just deinstalling PB, but as I said above, unluckily every system is different.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off