Author Topic: New Map pack !!  (Read 10169 times)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
Re: New Map pack !!
« Reply #15 on: 17-09-2010, 20:09:59 »
Looks awesome!

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #16 on: 17-09-2010, 20:09:03 »
I like very much Sirmykris. The beach is also great.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17-09-2010, 20:09:46 »
Downloading now 8)

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17-09-2010, 22:09:05 »
First Impressions:

Beaumont:
Felt a little bit like a Counterstrike map because it has only a few ways to get to the flags. And most of the buildings are closed.

Sirmirkrys:
I hope that the two entrances to each of the two flags are enough. Especialy the castle on the hill was very hard to attack. But I loved the small bridges and pathes through the town.
Maybe it will be hard to get pass the beach because germans can shoot at it from all sides.

Bloody beach:
First I thought we could never get the first flag. But after a while we finaly managed to get it. I liked the shootouts in the grassy hills behind the first flag.

St Fromond:
Round was very short. I can't realy say anything conserning gameplay. But it looked very nice and detailed.

Berchtesgaden:
This one was some kind of a fail. We couldn't get the first flag although we had a lot of players in the radius. Maybe flagbug. But the small frontline makes this map really chaotic. Most of the players on the server didn't like it.

Ste mere eglise:
Was a short round either, but it looked good. Don't forget where you put your chute button  ;D

Forest:
This map has a nice atmosphere. Shootouts in the forest are fun too.

Conclusions:
Splendid work Griffu, SuperC and Team cont@ct! ;D Finally we have a custom map server online. I will definatly spend more time on it. I hope that we can get some bigger maps with tanks and planes in the future. Yes I am never satisfied   ::)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17-09-2010, 22:09:44 »
To tell the truth, next time I go play FH, I will pick server with normal maps. Even tough old maps start to be over played, they still work. Sirmikrys was only one I liked, but it was still very unbalanced. Maybe don't give semiauto rifles for germans? I felt dazlayer with his G43 was only thing that was holding us.
« Last Edit: 17-09-2010, 22:09:36 by ajappat »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17-09-2010, 22:09:12 »
Yeah there is a reason making maps takes a while.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17-09-2010, 23:09:58 »
My first impressions:

Beaumont:
Feels like a maze game: where is the exit? Where are the Pacman ghosts that made a guest appearance in a similar Wolfenstein 3D level? Has some nice statics but gameplay is not really fun, since it's mostly running around.

Sirmirkrys:
Not as maze-like as Beaumont, but still too much "one avenue only" channeling. Also, very few details.

Bloody beach:
Awesome atmosphere. Also, very movie-like (if not reality-like ;) ) and plays well. This has potential.

St Fromond:
32p is broken - a squad of Americans can smash through in a Bren carrier and it's game over man, game over. Otherwise very nice-looking map that has good choice of avenues.

Berchtesgaden:
I had such high hopes after the Where Eagles Dare theme tune, but the flagbug (at the vey first flag, no less!) ruined this. Could be awesome, if a bit repetitive (run-die-run-die until tickets run out or repeat moves to the next map) since there is very little room to manoeuver. However, every once in a while this could be fun (if the flags would work).

Ste mere eglise:
Nice surprise in the beginning ;) Lots of awesome statics, good ideas, but the streets seemed to miss that "final polishing" aka details. Moar holes in some fences would be good.

Forest:
The gusts of snow (?) are a nice touch, as is the fog. Very detailed, excellent atmosphere and a nice layout.

Nice work, and don't be disheartened by my comments. Always nice to play something else besides the old and familiar. Plus three good maps as is, two "would be cool" and only two !ragequit maps is not bad by any standards.

Offline DAzLAYER

• [DLF] Leader
    • View Profile
    • [DenLedeFi]
« Reply #22 on: 17-09-2010, 23:09:22 »
I played maybe 5 of the maps and I liked them all. Forest was a bit hard on the computer though. Also I don't like objective based missions for public play.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18-09-2010, 00:09:22 »
Well, like some already posted, I think a few of the maps are too linear. CoD or HL-like. Especially the Beaumont map suffers from this. The Forest-round was over in 5 mins, so I'd like to play that one again, it looks ace. Berchtesgaden was a very long drive, it will be a frustrating map when axis sets up defence at first flag and blows up every carrier that comes near. The chute-jumping is OK, but I don't like it that you can't see the ground for so long, so I died the first few times trying.

Most maps are not very balanced, Sirmikrys comes close, but some others are way too hard for one side (beachmap).

I like the objective mode, it is a welcome change of gameplay, even though it gives the game a bit of a CS feeling. One guy can win such maps if he is sneaky. But, like I sai, it gives more versatility to the game.

Good job, keep the server running so you can hop on from time to time. I just hope it will be more people next time (mostly 6 vs 6 to 10 vs 10 now).

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18-09-2010, 00:09:00 »
Nice! Looks like alot of fun.

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #25 on: 18-09-2010, 00:09:25 »
great work, i enjoy the last 5hours on this maps  ;)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #26 on: 18-09-2010, 01:09:45 »
Can't wait to check these babies!

Offline Lupin

• View Profile
    • Lurkerchan
« Reply #27 on: 18-09-2010, 02:09:51 »
I hope these get officially integrated into fh2, as more maps are always better.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18-09-2010, 03:09:01 »
Agreed. St.Mere Eglise or w/e is a very good map. I would love to see it in an official release

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18-09-2010, 03:09:01 »
Agreed. St.Mere Eglise or w/e is a very good map. I would love to see it in an official release
Don't think so. Fh2 dev are allready working on Ste mère Église.