Author Topic: Error opening FH2  (Read 2875 times)

Offline BigBigMonkeyMan

• View Profile
Error opening FH2
« on: 12-06-2020, 21:06:44 »
I was playing FH2 fine for about a month now, but just yesterday got this message. Anyone solutions?

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
Re: Error opening FH2
« Reply #2 on: 14-06-2020, 20:06:58 »
But after installation there are no more options in the menu for CMP installation, update or repair?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-06-2020, 17:06:52 »
you can repair your updater to get the CMP stuff back, just don't tick the "check or updates" option related to the CMP in your launcher settings and you will be fine, or just get the maunal download links for CMP stuff:

https://cmpcdn.b-cdn.net/full/minimod.zip
https://cmpcdn.b-cdn.net/full/cmp-map-pack-cmp-0.0.34.zip

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-06-2020, 21:06:22 »
Thank you for the answer.
But after I "repaired" the installation of FH2, I got the same error message again when starting the first time.
So there was no way to untick the "check or updates" option related to the CMP.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-06-2020, 19:06:23 »
Then run installer from Stubbfan's link again and download CMP content manually.

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-06-2020, 21:06:35 »
Similar issue. Launched FH2 just fine for years (decades really). Was very happy to see the CMP updater integrated because the standalone never worked for me, always froze. This time it worked using the integrated FH2 official launcher and I played as normal just fine, including CMP maps for a week.

Suddenly, today, FH2 launcher throws up and error about strings missing, etc (didn't screenshot it) and its gibberish to me. Won't launch. I reinstalled the launcher and am able to launch now, but like mentioned above there's no CMP integration any longer.

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16-06-2020, 22:06:10 »
Then run installer from Stubbfan's link again and download CMP content manually.

Well, the problem is not to get the CMP content, because it's already there.
But I want the CMP integration in the launcher options menu.

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-06-2020, 21:06:10 »
Will a patch be relesed to solve this bug?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-06-2020, 22:06:28 »
You don't need that integration at the moment, and yes, it will be fixed in future.

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-07-2020, 20:07:19 »
Is the problem fixed in the 2.57 patch? Is it possible to check for community map pack updates on launch now?

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19-09-2020, 21:09:37 »
I've re-downloaded the launcher at least 7 times now, because it kept breaking (string errors related to CMP). Also tried "repair" but that broke it as well, after a lengthy wait.

Was fine for a while, but with the new CMP update, it's broken all over again after I attempted to repair and update once more. Not sure what else to do. Looking for manual CMP download now....

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22-09-2020, 20:09:06 »
Just do yourselves a big favor and join us on Discord and be up to date with stuff like manual download links for custom content and fixes for common problems. No need to look for anything...

Forums are a dead relic of early internet. Discord is where community is being active nowadays.

Offline Doc X

• Which Way To The Front?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17-10-2020, 02:10:03 »
I have the same problem. I played fh2 not for a while and it crashed now with this error message, after start. I downloaded both and copied it into the fh2 folder but when i am ingame and join a server i got back to desktop. I think, i have to install it completly new.
you can repair your updater to get the CMP stuff back, just don't tick the "check or updates" option related to the CMP in your launcher settings and you will be fine, or just get the maunal download links for CMP stuff:

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17-10-2020, 16:10:36 »
I have the same problem. I played fh2 not for a while and it crashed now with this error message, after start. I downloaded both and copied it into the fh2 folder but when i am ingame and join a server i got back to desktop. I think, i have to install it completly new.
You probably just need to download up to date stuff. I think these links:
are outdated by now.

Not sure how many times I need to repeat myself so you prehistoric stubborn weirdos will get the message but:
Just do yourselves a big favor and join us on Discord and be up to date with stuff like manual download links for custom content and fixes for common problems. No need to look for anything...

Forums are a dead relic of early internet. Discord is where community is being active nowadays.