Author Topic: Error opening FH2  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Doc X

• Which Way To The Front?
    • View Profile
Re: Error opening FH2
« Reply #15 on: 18-10-2020, 21:10:25 »
I deleted the FH2 folder, reinstalled fh2 and updated it via the launcher. Still got the error message, when I start fh2.  :-\

I have the same problem. I played fh2 not for a while and it crashed now with this error message, after start. I downloaded both and copied it into the fh2 folder but when i am ingame and join a server i got back to desktop. I think, i have to install it completly new.
You probably just need to download up to date stuff. I think these links:
https://cmpcdn.b-cdn.net/full/minimod.zip
https://cmpcdn.b-cdn.net/full/cmp-map-pack-cmp-0.0.34.zip
are outdated by now.

Not sure how many times I need to repeat myself so you prehistoric stubborn weirdos will get the message but:
Just do yourselves a big favor and join us on Discord and be up to date with stuff like manual download links for custom content and fixes for common problems. No need to look for anything...

Forums are a dead relic of early internet. Discord is where community is being active nowadays.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19-10-2020, 16:10:39 »
answer to your problem is already in this topic, check #2 post

Offline Doc X

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01-11-2020, 02:11:54 »
Don't you think, I already did it? ::)
answer to your problem is already in this topic, check #2 post

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01-11-2020, 04:11:10 »
Hop on discord to see if anyone can help. More people with the know-how to fix some of these problems frequent the discord far more than they check the forums anymore.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07-11-2020, 13:11:55 »
Don't you think, I already did it? ::)
I think you did, but you also did something no one told you to, messing whole thing up again in the process. Use the launcher from the link provided and DO NOT hit the repair button after or you will revert the change you just made. Error you get is impossible with the link from the post #2 since it has the CMP content removed. Follow the steps as told and it will work ::)

Offline Doc X

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24-11-2020, 20:11:54 »
I downloaded the launcher again and now it's working. Did nothing like befor. Fixed something in the launcher?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25-11-2020, 15:11:08 »
I downloaded the launcher again and now it's working....
congratulations! you did what I've told you to long time ago, and it works! what a surprise ::)

Fixed something in the launcher?
No. The link provided is still the same, and it's there exactly for the purpose of fixing the issue you had. It is a copy of FH2 Launcher excluding the CMP content, so it's impossible to have the CMP related error message.
« Last Edit: 25-11-2020, 15:11:55 by jan_kurator »