Author Topic: FH2: Forgotten Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [UPDATE 05/13/16]  (Read 100131 times)

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: FH2: Forgotten Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD
« Reply #90 on: 09-03-2016, 23:03:33 »
An impressive List. I will see to it that as much of this as possible gets changed - However I do want to inform you that some things, most notably in the air support section - will have to stay the same to keep the balance intact. Bombers have a huge impact on how a map plays out and I can't simply can't fix some of your points when there is no comparable replacement available capbale of doing the job of a Beaufigher for instance. This is an assumption though - I will of course check wether there are fitting alternatives available.

Thanks for your effort and reports in such detail.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 10-03-2016, 06:03:55 »
Hello Darman.

I'm glad you gonna use this info for the better of these maps. I got impressed by the amount of things to be replaced, after I finished this part of the maps. Still get a couple of them to test, but be assured that will be lot less work to do. I'll upload the last reports ASAP.

About the "Beaufighter issue", I completely understand. That's why I let the decisions to you. After all, these maps are pure fun. You made a very respectable job putting everything together and making these battles working so good in SP/COOP. For example, Beda Fomm, even with its inaccuracies, is quite balanced; in a map that size, we still get nice infantry battles, even with all those vehicles hanging around. So, use my work as tip/options, always putting playability in first place.

Thank you sir for your efforts. I'm very happy helping you with this matter.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 11-03-2016, 01:03:20 »
Ok Darman, here it goes the second and last list of maps. Again, thank you for your effort and patience.

SIDI MUFTAH

Note: the briefing in this map mentions only an Italian unit left behind in the final phase of Operation Crusader, but in the gameplay, we can see a lot of German elements, so I assume they take part in this battle, even though in a secondary role.

Commonwealth Forces

1. 8th Army

- Willys MB [x1] - Replace with a Bedford OX.
 - Daimler Mk. I [x1] - Replace with a Marmon-Herrington.
 - Cruiser Mk. IV [x2] - At this time, the older cruiser tanks were withdrawn of combat, and replaced with the brand new Crusader Mk. I (early).
 - Hawker Hardy [x1] - At this time, this biplane was totally outdated, and not in use in active combat. Could be replaced by a Hurri Mk. IIC; your decision.

2. Roadblock

- 6Pdr. AT [x1] - Replaced with a 2Pdr.

3. Southern Outpost

- Willys MB [x1] - Ditto.

4. Fountain

In this position, the flags are bugged. On the minimap the are correctly depicted, but the actual flags are wrong. In the beggining of the battle, an Australian flag is flying, and, when the position is captured by the Commonwealth, is replaced by a German flag. If it can be changed, that's great.

German/Italian Forces

We have some German equipment, but not a single kit. So we could replace some Italian kits by its German counterpart: Spaeher, Sturmtruppen and Pionier. It's up to you.

1. 102 Divisione Trento

- AS-42 Sahariana [x1] - Replace it with a German AC, such as SdKfz. 222 or 231.
 - Semovente 47/32 [x1] - Replace it with another M13/40.

2. Southern Outpost

A MG15 in this position is almost buried in the ground, and unusable. Can it be fixed?

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 11-03-2016, 01:03:04 »
OPERATION ABERDEEN

In the Central Village outpost, two weapons are spawned in the beggining of the battle, before the position is captured by any team:

- Flak 38 (in the village itself) - should spawn only if captured by the DAK; if captured by the Brits, a Bofors should spawn instead.
 - Vickers Tripod (in the improvised landing ground, northeast of the village) - should spawn only if captured by the British; if captured by the DAK, a MG34 Lafette should spawn instead.

Commonwealth Forces

1. Strongpoint A

- PaK 38 [x3] - Should be replaced with 2 Pdr., 6 Pdr. AT guns or a mix of both.

2. The Western Village

- PaK 38 [x1] - Should be replaced with a 6 Pdr. AT.

German Forces

1. Wadi Saleh

- 2 Pdr. AT [x3] - Should be replaced with Pak 35, 38 or mix of both.

2. The Central Village

- 2 Pdr. [x2] - Should be replaced with Pak 35, 38 or mix of both.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 11-03-2016, 02:03:11 »
KASSERINE PASS

American Forces

1. US Base

- Willys MB - One of the two jeeps spawned here always appears with a British Western Desert livery. It should use the Olive Drab pattern instead.
 - M10 TD [x2] - These TDs have too much of a 1944ish look. Indeed, they are the late production model, used only in Europe. It's a minor detail. They could be replaced with the M3 GMC. This base has already two of them spawned, so it's up to you to decide.

2. Hachem

- M1 AT [x2] - In NA, the Americans relied only on the M3 37mm gun to AT defence. The M1 57mm, that was already in production, would start to be issued to frontline units only in the second half of 1943.

3. Mountain Camp

- M1 AT [x3] - Ditto.

4. Djebbas

- M1 AT [x2] - Ditto.
 - 3in. Mortar [x1] - Should be replaced by the American counterpart, M1 Mortar.

German Forces

1. DAK

- Bf 109E-7 [x1] - Should be replaced by the newer Bf 109F-4 version.
 - Ju 87B-2 [x1] - Should be replaced by the newer Ju 87D-1 version.

2. Djebbas

- 3in. Mortar [x2] - Should be replaced by the German counterpart, Gw 34.

3. Mountain Camp

- 3in. Mortar [x2] - Ditto.

4. US Base (this base is probably meant not be captured by the DAK, but you know the flanking capabilities of Rommel...  ::) just in case)

- Marmon-Herrington [x4] - They replace two American heavy guns and TDs; so two of them could be replaced by the leFH 18, and the other two with the SdKfz. 139 Marder III.
 - P-40 [x1] - It keep respawning even if the base is captured by the Germans; could be replaced with another Bf 109F-4.
 - Ju 87B-2 [x2] - Ditto.

That's it Darman. I think I covered everything. But, as an epilogue, in the Bloody Gulch map, some American bases have Bedfords spawning as the average transport. They appear even as scenario (just like we had in Battle of Brest, before the last update). So, if you are interested...

Looking forward to your upload.

Best regards,

batistadk

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #95 on: 14-03-2016, 19:03:45 »
An impressive List. I will see to it that as much of this as possible gets changed - However I do want to inform you that some things, most notably in the air support section - will have to stay the same to keep the balance intact. Bombers have a huge impact on how a map plays out and I can't simply can't fix some of your points when there is no comparable replacement available capbale of doing the job of a Beaufigher for instance. This is an assumption though - I will of course check wether there are fitting alternatives available.

Thanks for your effort and reports in such detail.

Maybe a bit too impressive and detailed ? I'd hate to see you overwhelmed !

batistadk ... maybe you can start editing this into a single thread post rather than multiple posting ?

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 15-03-2016, 02:03:39 »
Hi DJ.

Fortunately, I have finished the whole review. I got impressed too with the amount of things and not very satisfied with the size of my posts, but I decided to finish this way, to not commit mistakes. I hope Darman doesn't get bothered. About the level of detail, I cannot help myself; I am a detail oriented person, and tried to do the best.  :-\ I'll pay attention to any future post of mine.

Best regards

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #97 on: 17-03-2016, 20:03:27 »
No worries. Just seemed to be a lot of posts  :D.

Just had to uninstall all the Forgotten Maps until they are updated for 2.5. Eventually found them by date in my file browser. but made me realise that I've had trouble remembering what are official FH maps and what one's are from this map pack. Might help putting a prefix in front of each name.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 01-05-2016, 21:05:05 »
@batistadk

A month later than I originally had hoped, I finally came around to implement the historical accuracy changes you suggested along with a set of fixes that were necessary for the maps. Thanks again for the huge amount of information. I had to make some exceptions to ensure the balance but for the most part, your suggestions have made it into the game.

So for everyone, all Packs have been updated to the latest version and the Reichswald has made it into the Patch, so be sure to check it out.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
Re: FH2: Forgotten Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [UPDATE 01/05/16]
« Reply #99 on: 03-05-2016, 03:05:09 »
Hi Darman.

That's awesome news! I have just download it and I'm installing right now. I'll try the reviewed maps ASAP. And, hey, we've even got a new map! Beautiful.

Just keep your wonderful job Darman. It's very appreciated, be sure of it. And, if you need any help, you can count on me, always.

Best regards,

batistadk

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: FH2: Forgotten Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [UPDATE 01/05/16]
« Reply #100 on: 03-05-2016, 17:05:00 »
Hey, thanks Darman !  8) Will be downloading these soon.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: FH2: Forgotten Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [UPDATE 05/13/16]
« Reply #101 on: 13-05-2016, 23:05:42 »
Just a little heads up, minor update today that affects all packs, mostly concerning the cosmetics.

I sat down to create some higher quality loadscreens, fixed and edited localization and did some minor bugfixing / balance tweaks.

For those who care about this stuff, you'll have to redownload. Sorry. But it had to be done.
« Last Edit: 14-05-2016, 01:05:05 by Darman »

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #102 on: 14-05-2016, 14:05:31 »
Just a little heads up, minor update today that affects all packs, mostly concerning the cosmetics.

I sat down to create some higher quality loadscreens, fixed and edited localization and did some minor bugfixing / balance tweaks.

For those who care about this stuff, you'll have to redownload. Sorry. But it had to be done.

Great redownloading  8). Is Supercharge in here ? I already have it installed. Seem to remember is was unstable. But I've had some odd behaviour from my BF2 installation occasionally where things crash for no reason one day and then run for hours the next. Another thing, I don't have uninstall entries in add/remove programs. Safe just to overwrite everything ?

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 14-05-2016, 20:05:46 »
Sure, override should be safe. Supercharge is not and was never part of this pack, but since when is Supercharge unstable? Didn't play the map in ages. I will have to take a look at it.

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #104 on: 15-05-2016, 18:05:58 »
Sure, override should be safe. Supercharge is not and was never part of this pack, but since when is Supercharge unstable? Didn't play the map in ages. I will have to take a look at it.

Don't know where I got that then. I played again and it is now stable.