Author Topic: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad  (Read 86126 times)

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
Re: IT'S COMING! - Red Orchestra : Heroes of Stalingrad
« Reply #30 on: 21-08-2010, 17:08:29 »
Red Orchestra: Ostfront was available to buy in the shops so I don't seem why they should make it Steam only ?

I bought it in the shop, just like you can buy CS:S or DoD:S, etc.. but you had to download steam and register the game on it...

With other words, No steam No game..  :(

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21-08-2010, 17:08:30 »
I really don't see any reason to buy a physical copy of a game that you can get from Steam.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21-08-2010, 17:08:29 »
I really don't see any reason to buy a physical copy of a game that you can get from Steam.
If its cheaper, then hell yes.

Put it this way:
Mafia 2 Special Edition: £22 from Game (not available on Steam).
Mafia 2 (standard) on Steam: £30
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #33 on: 21-08-2010, 19:08:34 »
I'd rather have a Mafia 2 DL-DVD then a bought copy in an image. Why? because If I somehow lose the installation or something goes wrong I'll have to re-download the content. So that means another 10-20GB of files. Why should I bother with re-downloading a thing that I can have always on DVD?

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21-08-2010, 19:08:11 »
I'd rather have a Mafia 2 DL-DVD then a bought copy in an image. Why? because If I somehow lose the installation or something goes wrong I'll have to re-download the content. So that means another 10-20GB of files. Why should I bother with re-downloading a thing that I can have always on DVD?

well, those DVDs have that install limit nowadays, don't they? And if you lose your DVD or someome (little brothers are good in that!) breaks it? then you have to buy a new one and that's a lot of money.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21-08-2010, 20:08:57 »
Not all DVD's have limits but many people suffer from an unfortunate skill of losing the discs or they get broken. Also why I like my games digital these days is that wherever I go the games comes with me as they are tied to my profile. So I can get myself a new gun on the wall instead of having a shelv for physical games.  ;D

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #36 on: 21-08-2010, 20:08:56 »
All true. But you have that fact that it's nice to see a shelf with original game packages. Plus I never leave my discs out in the open. Always return them in the box or I leave them inside the DVD drive. If not I have those spindle boxes and I leave them there. Always know what is where.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21-08-2010, 20:08:08 »
I am never going to convert to Steam, i do want to try this game you speak of.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21-08-2010, 20:08:45 »
I am never going to convert to Steam, i do want to try this game you speak of.

Hehe, you remind me of an old person saying "i don't need computers, everything works just as well without those fancy things"

It's funny how some people refuse to except the present and want to keep living in the past.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #39 on: 21-08-2010, 20:08:21 »
I really want this game right naow.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21-08-2010, 20:08:13 »
This has nothing to do with either living in the present or living in the past. This has all to do with annoying prgrams wich you have to tell over 4 times to shut up when i start up my pc and fucking of with advertisements.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21-08-2010, 21:08:29 »
This has nothing to do with either living in the present or living in the past. This has all to do with annoying prgrams wich you have to tell over 4 times to shut up when i start up my pc and fucking of with advertisements.

Really? I wonder what programs you are talking about, surely not steam because when i start up my computer absolutely nothing happens until I double click the icon and it starts up. And i simply checked to box and no more advertisement. Ooh so simple but i guess its to much for you. Enjoy not playing the game then.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21-08-2010, 21:08:44 »
All true. But you have that fact that it's nice to see a shelf with original game packages.

Oh but I agree. I still do buy SOME games from the store (mainly from my friends store to show support towards his business) which I think are worth it. But some games are just better off buying from Steam. Mostly these are games that I buy from Steam sales anyway which I wouldnt otherwise go look out for in store bargain pins.

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 21-08-2010, 21:08:06 »
Tztztz...
I wonder why you always tell us to stay on topic Flippy... ;)

I really can't wait for RO2, hopefully it won't be such a bullshit like BC2 is. RO itself delivers an atmosphere you won't get in any other game, FH2 included. The huge tank maps or intensive infantry fights are just awesome.
It would be enough if they just port the old RO to a new engine with better graphics and make some new maps, I don't need the squadsystem, though it sounds nice. :)

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 21-08-2010, 21:08:42 »
That infantry weapon handling trailer got me interested. Ought to be a very refreshing experience, I hope they'll put the same amount of effort in vehicle combat.

Also, main reason I don't buy games for download (Steam) is because it's total BS that they're the same price as boxed versions while they don't require extra costs like transport or paying the salesguy in the shop.