Author Topic: Alternate History Maps Suggestion Thread  (Read 9754 times)

Offline Emperor Showa

• View Profile
Alternate History Maps Suggestion Thread
« on: 07-04-2009, 03:04:32 »
Since there was some discussion concerning these in the "Operation Downfall thread", I thought I'd set up an umbrella thread for other "Alternate history" battles and suggestions on the very idea and suggestions on possible maps. I have very few alternate history maps I'd like to see personally, and would rather not like to press the matter outside of Downfall, but this thread is more community geared should community members want it*. So if this evolves into an evil noobie monster, please don't blame me (and if it is one already, I apologize).

So here's the Operation Downfall thread for any discussion concerning that: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=221.0

The Alt. history map I'd like to see besides Downfall:

• Invasion of Australia (Japan vs. ANZACs; basically, what if the Japanese won Coral Sea**)
               http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_invasion_of_Australia_during_World_War_II

*I know there's a huge chance of none of these ever being mapped, or if any at all are mapped, it will be likely very far into the future. However, I think its a fun type of discussion and suggestion area regardless.

**This invasion would likely have been very doomed, but I think that was the Japanese goal at least in part.
« Last Edit: 07-04-2009, 03:04:04 by Emperor Showa »

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate History Maps Suggestion Thread
« Reply #1 on: 07-04-2009, 03:04:02 »
German invasion of USA ftw!

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-04-2009, 03:04:10 »
German invasion of USA ftw!
This particular scenario reminds me of that mediocre and buggy FPS game "Turning Point: Fall of Liberty".  Besides, does Germany even have the manpower to do that (unless they take the US by surprise)?  The East Coast is probably the farthest they could get...

azreal

« Reply #3 on: 07-04-2009, 03:04:48 »
I'm certain I saw a commercial a while back for a documentary on Hitler's secret plans to invade America. Never watched it though so I don't know what was actually covered.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-04-2009, 03:04:52 »
Yes.... but Go229 flying over washington... kick ass.

By that Time.. USSR, UK and a large part of Africa would be in german hands.. but afaik the invasion of USA was never planned by Hitler.. only bomings from the Azores.

Ok one more easir.. Battle for India.. Battle of Suez.. Streets of Moscow. Invasion of Tibet.. whit a Dalai Lama playermodel :D

Hitler dindt had plans to invade UK.. he later created these plans because UK didnt surrender.. after defeating France.

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-04-2009, 03:04:13 »
"The East Coast is probably the farthest they could get..."

Depends, this is Alternative history.

A good Alternative history battle would be based on Operation Sealion - The German Invasion of Britan. It could be a sort of Two parter with the first being a night time Paradrop invasion of either Brighton or Dover and the other being a Seaborne Invasion of the aforementioned areas.

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-04-2009, 04:04:30 »
"The East Coast is probably the farthest they could get..."

Depends, this is Alternative history.

A good Alternative history battle would be based on Operation Sealion - The German Invasion of Britan. It could be a sort of Two parter with the first being a night time Paradrop invasion of either Brighton or Dover and the other being a Seaborne Invasion of the aforementioned areas.

I wanna see the weapons used by the British Home Guard in that case:

The Northover Projector

The Blacker Bombard

As well as historical and varied British Bunkers

Please note that the above weapons were black powder weapons.  :P
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07-04-2009, 12:04:44 »
Soviets attacking the Kummersdorf facility and facing the Maus. :D
Or maybe we can turn the story that Hitler escaped to New-Swabia in the Antarctis with the Hanebu where he and a group of loyal SS-guards plan to retake the Reich and live in a secret ice base. Then the Allies get to know of that plan and invade the fortress in 1946. Now THAT would be fun! ^^
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Danger X

• I wish we stayed neutral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07-04-2009, 13:04:15 »
I can see it already. Flying a Horten Ho 229 over the white house. Would be fun.

As long as no one puts swastika's on the Ho229, since they were put on there by the Americans at capture.
As my tutor, old Bubbleface, used to say:"Make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."

Rowan Atkinson as The Black Adder

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #9 on: 07-04-2009, 15:04:10 »
Sealion would be awesome. Remember those snorkel Panzer III's from POTD? I would want one of those  :P
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Taranov

« Reply #10 on: 07-04-2009, 15:04:20 »

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #11 on: 07-04-2009, 16:04:44 »
for a while now I've had a plan to make a couple of early cold war conflict maps. Putting Americans against Soviets with WW2 weapons, fighting in mid 1945 to late 1945 and perhaps some in 1946, In and around Germany and Poland.

All in Planning stage still, ofcourse.. we're still missing American forces, and then have to wait longer to get the Soviets :P
Gives me enough time to plan things ^^

...would be cool though, having Fireflies and M10 go up against T34's :D

Offline Kebert Xela

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07-04-2009, 16:04:42 »
or even better M26s vs IS3s  :o

Offline Paalupetteri

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07-04-2009, 16:04:03 »
My dream would be an alternate timeline scenario far in the future, where world war 2 has never ended, but has been going on for thousands of years. Man would have fled this solar system millennia ago and established outposts all around the galaxy. Axis and allies would no longer be fighting for Normandy or Stalingrad, but for the control of entire planets. There could be both space battles and ground battles with futuristic weapons. This scenario could even be expanded with alien races joining the war.

Taranov

« Reply #14 on: 07-04-2009, 16:04:22 »
 ::)

« Last Edit: 07-04-2009, 16:04:47 by Taranov »