Author Topic: 101st Exodus *Sic Semper Tyrannis "Thus always to Tyrants"*  (Read 8948 times)

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
101st Exodus

Soldiers & friends of the 101st Airborne Division Clan,

There is a deep dark problem growing like a cancer within the clan. Unfortunately we must be the bearer of bad news when we tell you that the clan is no longer a place of fun and enjoyment for all. And no longer where equals converse and discuss progress and adjustments. In the past the clan was a dictatorship, ruled by one man and ineffectively so, which all who stick around will discover in due time. Immature and rude players were a part of that clan, they mouthed off at public players and players of other servers. Even the admins of other servers where they were guests. When the time came that these members were relieved of duty the clan entered a period of enlightment. Democracy ruled with the senior members discussing almost every update with their peers, and it was during this period that the most recruits joined the clan in any one given period. But the age of enlightenment has ended. The dark times are returning. And as some people have said: When the going gets tough!
 h, the tough get going. This is the new policy of the senior members of this gaming clan. The power of a dictator was removed and lessened, but now that he tries to get it back we the senior members who have the clans best interest in hand are going to move along and create our own parallel gaming community. Very similar in design. The new clan will be a realism clan run on FH2, PR and ARMA 2, however ARMA 2 will not be required because it is not free to get. Units will be accurate to the unit in which you are a part of. There will be no Marines fighting in the unit, nor will there be British SAS in the American Army unit. We will run an American rank system like that of the 101st. Basic Combat Training will continue. In all, the only major change is the name of the unit and the switch to a far more realism based gaming unit.

Now to share with everyone the evidence towards the movement away from the 101st. But first let me first say that i am not at all pleased to be leaving the 101st, but you all have to realize and remember all of the work everyone has put into this community. With the risk of its destruction we will save it.

Without any further adieu, here is the evidence against the tyranny which has taken hold in the 101st:

Kharon says:
so who came on while you, Jimmy and Emerson were on and deleted all the channels?
papabear_101st_air_0001@yahoo.com says:
I dont know whoever took my admin and whoever banned me from the forums
I have to make a new forums and a new Ts and those forums have to be deleted

The people who know I own the clan the owners of the TS server .also they cant have any of the documents we all made and they cant have the 101st Air name its write protected and the domain is all ours. I can sue whoever tries to keep the clan name
currently whoever has admin on the forums since it has the 101st Airborne name on it I can sue them

Kharon says:
in companies the owner can actually get ousted if the board of directors says so, maybe someone is just doing it because they feel they're in charge? how many people did you give admin to anyways?
this is not a company
thare are no shares....wait think about what your saying
are you sure you want this?
sounds like you know more than you let on sir

papabear_101st_air_0001: I dont need to write down anything he is under me in rank,.  I just tell him what I want and thats it
papabear_101st_air_0001: Saturday, Ill have everything back up by then
papabear_101st_air_0001: there is no democracy in this clan.  I just allow people to be creative but not at the exence of the chain of command.  Or at the expence of progress
papabear_101st_air_0001: expence* of the chain of command
kariemahmed123: I see, well in that case I would like the clan staff to meet this saturday
papabear_101st_air_0001: I know you would.  Denied.  Only you and I will meet.  I am not willing to meet with anyone else at the moment.  Decisions will be handed down as to the status of this shinanaghin
papabear_101st_air_0001: not discussed any longer.
papabear_101st_air_0001: discussion invites alternate views and then incohession.  I will not be allowing that anylonger.  Im a reasonable man and I dont think my decissions are bad.
papabear_101st_air_0001: ....I have allowed there to be some discussion on decisions I am making but that has led to this problem.  When I make a change to the clan forums, that change is in the admin logs and other admins can see that I made the change.  therefore there is no security leak.  Besides I told backer I was going to change the permissions soon on the folders that were empty -hence no security issue
kariemahmed123: Allright
kariemahmed123: May I ask why my abbilities for xfire administration are removed?
kariemahmed123: As I was the one who created the group in the first place
papabear_101st_air_0001: Im not trying to be a hard ass but I cant command this clan as a "partner" I must be the CEO.   All admin abilities for Xfire page have been removed because of the problem that arose when I left the TS server.  I am securing the 101st owned pages.  I must have sole admin on alot of things to avoid things like this forum crap from happening
papabear_101st_air_0001: you didnt create the clan though.  You did the xfire at the business of the 101st Air clan, it has the name 101st on it.  You couldnt actually (or anyone else) EVER own something that is for the clan
papabear_101st_air_0001: you can contribute as a valuable member.  You are. And I thank you for makeing the site.  I just need to be given ownership of all the things that has the 101st Air name on it,
kariemahmed123: Well I would like to talk to you in person about all of this
kariemahmed123: And I ADVISE, not demand to get the others in too
papabear_101st_air_0001: noted but I dont need to do anything that is advised to let you know.  I love backer but I dont want to talk to him right now.  I dont need to speak to anyone but who I need to speak with.  the orders are orders and that is how it must be.  I also asked you not to copy my text to anyone so please dont if you are.

Unfortunately, it was copied.
Sic Semper Tyrannis "Thus always to Tyrants"

There is no hostile feelings towards ANY 101st member. Even Papabear. Reply to this message if you wish to maintain the virtues of the 101st clan which were promised to you. All members who do so will be rewarded. We will not force anyone to come, it is upon your own accord. All major changes in the new clan will be discussed with the members, minor changes will go through a majority of senior admin.

We had all planned to cooperate with Papabear, educate eachother in our mistakes and correct those of others to better eachother. And it was a pity that Papabear refused to heed our advice. We enjoyed our time with the 101st and would not change a moment, even for the 8-9 months where we had complete authority thrust upon us and instead of letting the clan die we chose to keep it alive and in fact improve upon it. We hope that after we are gone the 'M' word is not thrown around. It was a culmination of many large and small issues with many members that has brought us to this crossroad, and we do not wish to make it personal, nor do we pick something in particular.

We welcome all 101st members as brothers in arms and we wish to remain in good connection with our parent clan.

We are the 508th, The Red Devils. And we will be the Fury From the Sky.

You can contact us on our forums and several members over xfire.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/508thParInfReg/

Signed,

Backer, Banger, Kharon, Guardian, Hawkeye
« Last Edit: 26-04-2010, 21:04:44 by 508th PIR Hawkeye »
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline smith1215

• View Profile
WHY MUST MY BF2 CD DISC BE BROKEN

I would enlist but i couldnt play...unless...

I pirate the game and use the CDKEY I got when I bought the game from Best Buy. 
Brilliant!

Good Luck!

PS: You are using Modern Infantry Ranks, not Ranks from WW2
Mango Flame

Offline smith1215

• View Profile
Nope

And I got my BF2 working :)

Currently dling FH2 :)
Mango Flame

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
this looked interesting, untill i saw your "rules" wich i find...mostly stupid?

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th

I feel a bit silly asking what rules you are talking about being from another clan and all.  But really what is your problem with the rules?  They seemed fine to me.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
I would like to see the paperwork you have filed to make yourselves registered trademarks  :D

It seems a bit silly to have R's & TM's all around an otherwise very serious-business-type post.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline sn00x

• View Profile

I feel a bit silly asking what rules you are talking about being from another clan and all.  But really what is your problem with the rules?  They seemed fine to me.

just didnt like that You cant have a headset and a mic, they must be headset with mic, that is just plain stupid in my eyes, and that You Must follow orders from higer ranking bla bla bla with out question.
it dont like that kinda behavior, its a Game. and irl if you know an order is suicide, you wont do it. and you Will discuss it.

ofc, not all rules are stupid but in my eyes, those rules is in My opinion totaly turn off. but that is My opionion :)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th

just didnt like that You cant have a headset and a mic, they must be headset with mic, that is just plain stupid in my eyes, and that You Must follow orders from higer ranking bla bla bla with out question.
it dont like that kinda behavior, its a Game. and irl if you know an order is suicide, you wont do it. and you Will discuss it.

ofc, not all rules are stupid but in my eyes, those rules is in My opinion totaly turn off. but that is My opionion :)

A good chain of command is important and fun for any kind of clan.  Nothing gets done if you have 20 guys all debating what to do during a match.  The scrim leader may not always make the smartest choices but it is far better then the alternative. 

As to the mic/headset thing...WTF?  What the hell is wrong with you 101st guys?
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Basically in order to join, you must have a sound-proof room and a headset. And remember: Mic must be 1 inch from your mouth.

This reminds me of:

"Four inches Private Pyle! FOUR INCHES!"

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
    • MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE
Do you guys actually say over when you're done "transmitting".
MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE: http://andersgarvin.wix.com/portfolio#!home/mainPage

Offline 9.Pz Kreuzer

• View Profile
I bet they have recorded the commands from Band of Brothers and use them for answering :P

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
  Well now you guys are just being cunts.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
Very mature to bitch at the rules fellas...

The headset matter is not required, only added because we don't want to hear ourselves repeating on someones speakers. However you do need a Mic to join (So it can be a sepperate mic and headset). As far as the one inch thing, it's just an indicator to make sure we don't hear someone to loud, or with heavy breathing.

http://webpages.charter.net/lkg/silencer.exe

I like to crank my speakers to the max when I play.  I feel that my whole family should share in the joy that is FH.  :-)  This little program will mute the volume when you transmit so the only person pissed off at you is your wife and not the entire clan.

Offline Alberto22

• proud to be italian
    • View Profile
i love your server

Offline LtJimmy

• Confirmed FH2 Suggestion Thread Cynic
    • View Profile
Well they got me signed up, and so far it's pretty damn good.