Author Topic: FH2 Thursday Reloaded!  (Read 93143 times)

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Thursday Reloaded!
« Reply #975 on: 19-05-2014, 22:05:02 »
I've said it many times before and I'll say it once again, unless you take active measures to consolidate what you have, it will be the ultimate death of the mod.
What do you mean by "consolidating"? Merging the two?
Yes. It might not be what you guys want but merging PR and FH2 might just be what'll save the mod. I've talked to many people and they too want to see this because they love the work you guys have done.
« Last Edit: 19-05-2014, 22:05:38 by Excavus »

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #976 on: 19-05-2014, 23:05:24 »
Oh wow that is a bunch of BULL.  F*** EA.  They could have at least done this until the game turned 10.  BF2 is 2005 isn't it?  WTF.

And from what I recall, Project Reality already has a WW2 based Normandy mod.  I'm not sure but it may just be Omaha beach?

I know they have Vietnam maps inside of their normal PR build as well.  I haven't played any but I have seen videos on YouTube.

I did not know that EA reversed their decision to host the BF2 Gamespy servers.  This makes me livid.  :(

Offline valleyman

• View Profile
    • My Art Blog
« Reply #977 on: 20-05-2014, 02:05:50 »
FH2 is a completely different game than PR so I don't know how you can just merge the two without completely destroying what each game is about.  FH2 has been "dying" for awhile now.  I see many European players playing the game during the week days and not just limited to weekends.  You can find an active game of FH2 just about any time during the day here in North America as long as you're willing to play with 150+ ping (which is very tolerable)

What would you have the FH2 developers do to get more players besides merging with PR?  In my opinion if there were a way to release as a free to play,  standalone, then there would never be a problem finding people to play.

Offline Excavus

• View Profile
« Reply #978 on: 20-05-2014, 05:05:23 »
FH2 is a completely different game than PR so I don't know how you can just merge the two without completely destroying what each game is about.  FH2 has been "dying" for awhile now.  I see many European players playing the game during the week days and not just limited to weekends.  You can find an active game of FH2 just about any time during the day here in North America as long as you're willing to play with 150+ ping (which is very tolerable)

What would you have the FH2 developers do to get more players besides merging with PR?  In my opinion if there were a way to release as a free to play,  standalone, then there would never be a problem finding people to play.

Sorry buddy, but 150+ ping is not tolerable. I come home from work everyday to find the servers empty. I can't be online at 1PM for the Europeans, it is just not possible.

Like I said on my post on the previous page, you are blind to the evidence that is shown. I've already covered the points you are trying to make, I've heard your argument a million times. Releasing FH2 as free to play is impossible as long as it's a mod for Battlefield 2. You can either merge with PR, or create your own game, which is also what PR is doing, creating PR2.
« Last Edit: 20-05-2014, 05:05:39 by Excavus »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: 20-05-2014, 05:05:45 »
Of course when I go to sleep after this post, I'll get 20 replies chastising me about how FH2 is not even close to dead and you'll ignore my warnings once again. Quite the shame really.

I would like to chastise you for hijacking this thread.  Please take it elsewhere and don't interfere with our weekly event.

Offline Excavus

• View Profile
« Reply #980 on: 20-05-2014, 10:05:35 »
Of course when I go to sleep after this post, I'll get 20 replies chastising me about how FH2 is not even close to dead and you'll ignore my warnings once again. Quite the shame really.

I would like to chastise you for hijacking this thread.  Please take it elsewhere and don't interfere with our weekly event.
It was a reply to Officer_Dufus's post about "Where is everyone?" Admittedly I took it a bit further but it's also an explanation about why you don't have any players.

Offline valleyman

• View Profile
    • My Art Blog
« Reply #981 on: 20-05-2014, 22:05:52 »
I come home from work at 4pm central every week day and every single day I check FH2 server browser and every single day there is more then 60 people in 762.  The server stays populated for at least two hours from when I come home which is plenty of time for me to get a couple good games in.  How is 150 ping not tolerable?  I still get good hit reg and it's not like everything and everyone is skipping around.

Offline Excavus

• View Profile
« Reply #982 on: 20-05-2014, 22:05:41 »
762 is a pathetic excuse for a server and I get 200+ ping on there where I'm from (California). As you said, it stays populated for at least two hours, which is not healthy at all. PR servers stay populated all the time.

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: 21-05-2014, 00:05:48 »
150 ping is not toreable?  :D

I play with 280 ping and its just fine!
And 762 usually stays populated from 12:00 pm to 19:00 pm, my time.
Though i agree that FH2 aint growing, devs should make use of the launcher they made asap....

You yankees should understand and not mindthe ping you get from playing a server from another continent...
« Last Edit: 21-05-2014, 00:05:03 by Wulfburk »

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: 21-05-2014, 01:05:03 »
150 ping is not toreable?  :D

I play with 280 ping and its just fine!
And 762 usually stays populated from 12:00 pm to 19:00 pm, my time.
Though i agree that FH2 aint growing, devs should make use of the launcher they made asap....

You yankees should understand and not mindthe ping you get from playing a server from another continent...

I do !!!!!

Offline colores

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: 22-05-2014, 23:05:08 »
290 ms is fine to me!

Offline Professor Anthrax

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: 23-05-2014, 02:05:52 »
OK guys...it's quarter after 8 on a Thursdays night and I'm the only F**KING person on the WaW #1 server right now. I've been playing FH2 since it's release in...what was it?....December of '07... but I'm seriously about to give up on this mod and find another game.

Offline Norman Rockwell

• View Profile
« Reply #987 on: 23-05-2014, 02:05:56 »
Looks like my video card just crapped out on me >:(

Out of commission for tonight, hopefully I can be back up and running by Saturday.

Offline Professor Anthrax

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: 23-05-2014, 05:05:31 »
Well that wasn't so bad after all. A little late getting started but ended up having a few good games with about 20 or so.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: 23-05-2014, 20:05:13 »
I should be back gaming this weekend!    keep fingers crossed!