Author Topic: FH2 Gameplay Discussion: TTK and Infantry Combat  (Read 4316 times)

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
Re: FH2 Gameplay Discussion: TTK and Infantry Combat
« Reply #60 on: 23-10-2014, 19:10:50 »
A %100 would never be fun, and at the times when you are defeated as attackers in push it's good to settle with what you have achieved in that round.

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 04-11-2014, 22:11:27 »
You don't attract new players by pissing off old players. I thought we learned that lesson through 2.45, though it's already kinda late..

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 04-11-2014, 23:11:27 »
Please elaborate on the main reason newcomers would quit the mod so rapidly even when it was in its prime. Copying the FH damage model is a mistake.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 05-11-2014, 00:11:17 »
Well, Forgotten Hope 2 polarises a lot. There are many players who look for an arcade-like experience, such as BF3 or CoD provides. Forgotten Hope 2 on the other hand is designed to be a quality game that focuses on historical accuracy and individual skill. If you get hit in the torso with an 8mm Mauser cartridge you will not merrily keep on fighting. Depending on the hit you might, for a short while, keep on fighting before collapsing and oftentimes dying. If you allow players to survive such a hit, they will patch themselves up and re-join the battle, whereas they would have been off to the field hospital in reality. Think about how many games offer a one-shot-one-kill experience with rifles. I deem it quite safe to say that Forgotten Hope 2 is the exception and not the rule. Please accept that both the developers as well as the dedicated player-base we have is not interested in a mainstream experience for various reasons and by taking away the special features which you criticise, you would make it loose it's unique appeal. As a little hint I can tell you that Forgotten Hope 2 is the only game which I play on a regular basis since I discovered it. I am not a computer-person that much, but Forgotten Hope 2 caught my interest. That alone should already explain a lot. Please be careful with you attitude towards the moderators and developers, or you might find yourself permanently exiled in Damasoland  ;D .

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 05-11-2014, 11:11:18 »
The sacred damasoland...

Back to topic:
FH2 is pretty much the best example for a niche game. It attracts the few like-minded people. People who look for 1s1k, who look for combined arms warfare, which is easy to understand and difficult to master, and people who are WW2 "lovers".

I still don't see the point of changing anything and making FH2 less FH2.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 05-11-2014, 14:11:29 »
Get out oberst.

@ksl, So surviving a second after a torso hit and 30 seconds after a hit on the belly while not having the ability to patch yourself up makes the game non-FH2. Do you know the meaning of the phrase "bad design"?

I will take the discussion to something different, once I get the time. Hopefully this spring.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 05-11-2014, 14:11:16 »
>somebody has a good point
>tell him to get out
>whish people to take you serious

oh.

also:

I will take the discussion to something different, once I get the time. Hopefully this spring.
you're either mentally ill or incredibly fatuous and weak minded ignorant.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 05-11-2014, 17:11:52 »
The Spring Offensive will be upon us.

There is no point in changing FH2 inf system right now. People have learned how it works, and those who wished to play it are, or start to play it. Changing it would change FH2 to something else entirely. Although i would love more more prolonged firefights rather than 30 seconds of madness and then nothing. The only few points i think could improve are been done through the FH mini mod with its rallypoints and other effects that take place, things that would not work that well in public.

Offline LazMan12

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 14-11-2014, 18:11:38 »
Just in case someone is interested, the damage system atm works like this:

There are 4 hitzones on a player model in FH2 (one more than BF2):

Head (Every headshot automatically counts as a kill, so we will discount this for now)

Upper body

Lower Body

Limbs

You have basically these different types of infantry calibres:

Rifle

This is used by most infantry rifles, as well has machine guns. High recoil, high precision, high damage.

Rifles kill (at normal combat distance) with 1 shot everywhere except limbs. If you hit a limb, the enemy goes into a bleed state instead. Theoretically I would be open to tweak this a bit, but practically you get the problem that BF2 has no possibility of damage flinch, which means that unless you kill somebody in one shot, you get problems like them turning around and shooting you in the face etc, if they are good players etc. This also explains why people seem to think not killing the enemy in one shot is a "glitch". Generally speaking: If you get a hitmarker, you damaged the enemy. If you only see blood, you got fucked by the netcode.

Carbine

This is only used by the StG44 and the American Carbines.

They kill with 1 shot to head and upper body and wound when they hit any other hitzone. So for lower body it is a two shot kill for instance.

Pistol .45
These are used by American made smgs and pistols. They do more damage than 9mm, but lose damage over range faster and have higher recoil.
In close combat they kill with two hits to the upper body, sending you into a wounded state after one. 3 shot kill for lower body and limbs.

Pistol 9mm
Three shot kill upper and lower body, four shots to the limbs. Low recoil.

Weak Pistols
This is for the Beretta and Sauer 38H Pistols and I think the new Russian smgs. They kill with 4 upper body shots. (I think? I'm typing this from memory) I think these also don't necessarily kill with a headshot, but usually you are damaged so much by a headshot that you won't be able to use a bandage in time :D

That was some great info, thanks!
BTW, I know you said you weren't sure, but is it realistic to have the Russian SMGs less powerfull than the 9mm, as the 7.62x25mm Tokarev is a very potent round and the russians used extra powerfull "SMG" loadings durind WW2 with more velosity and energy than common 9x19mm at the time.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 14-11-2014, 19:11:33 »
Jan,

What are you going on at. That was about the guy rather than his point. I am the one questioning you for making such destructive statements.

Also, I see lots of baseless claims here with varying context and little "food for thought". Will modify and make my claims more open to discussion and will destroy the myth that FH2 cannot be a better game with a different damage model, by putting together a test environment.

I thought you'd figure that out.

Regards.

Ps. This post was a clarification, I don't think any point is left to be made right now.
« Last Edit: 14-11-2014, 19:11:51 by Airshark79 »