Author Topic: [F|H]&[762] PRESENT - FH2 Custommap Event: Wacht am Rhein  (Read 13700 times)

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
Re: [F|H]&[762] PRESENT - FH2 Custommap Event: Wacht am Rhein
« Reply #60 on: 31-12-2013, 14:12:18 »

50 and rising, nice! Considering you guys shold be preparing for the parties now :P
See who is online:
http://www.762-ranking.de/fh2stats/serverinfo/217.79.190.136:16568/
« Last Edit: 31-12-2013, 14:12:51 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 31-12-2013, 15:12:32 »
over 70 now, will be joining in an hour. Leave a slot for me guys :D

Offline Neo82

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #62 on: 31-12-2013, 17:12:23 »
Advance on Foy SquadSpawnBug is fixed! This should work after restarting the server. Thx.  :)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 31-12-2013, 17:12:07 »
Some screens from Foy!  :)

River crossing

Squad briefing

Assault on flag

Truck ambush

This turns out to be better than I thought so far.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 31-12-2013, 18:12:14 »
EDIT: nvm working now
« Last Edit: 31-12-2013, 18:12:16 by Christie.Front.Drive »
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 01-01-2014, 21:01:01 »
Lol Flippy I was wondering at what point somebody would find the Falaise stuff :-) Time was the major issue we had in our campaign mapping with our mapping team being stretched horribly thin, so.... not my proudest achievement but the map played really nicely anyway.
Yeah, I heard the Norway comment already during our campaign. Probably an idea to pursue. tournament maps rarely reach the level of details the stock maps have for sure, we simply lack the manpower and time for it,  but hopefully the gameplay ameliorates this.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 02-01-2014, 02:01:42 »
germans can do the backstroke!!!     :o

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 03-01-2014, 17:01:04 »
Nice maps, but.

Elsenborn Ridge could seriously use pushmode or even sector push though, even with 110 players it's small fireteams running in circles around each other all over the map backcapping all the day. Also, while steep hills being impassable is realistic, public roads being impassable is not (because BF2 vehicles cannot into torque), see pic for example (click to enlarge):

Don't get me wrong, it's an ossum map, but should probably culminate on the attack on the railyard and Castle Wolfenstein instead of said places changing ownership all the time to lone ninjas.

Herrlisheim could also use some push, now the flags are all over the place and in public play you have separate battles being waged uncoordinated, or in most cases, most flags are simply ignored while people flock to where the action is.

Nordwind, the cluster of three flags in the center gets all the attention, the outlying flags are a sideshow for backcappers.

Foy is probably the best of the bunch as is, though the cluster of flags right next to each other in the beginning is a bit meh.

Also, lightmaps in all maps have some funky features, especially in indoors. It's nice to see that the lights are on even though the town is ruined and there's nobody home (klik für Lebensraum):

Indoors, this is not as disturbing, but when you run into tents that are brightly lit from the OUTSIDE too...

---

HOWEVER, to all the naysayers claiming mappacks kill FH2, NYANA NYANA NYANA, 110 players was the highest I spotted on these custom maps.

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 03-01-2014, 18:01:31 »
Any chance to have these too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlgJ7PPFrtU

Etna line and garigliano cross was pretty good as I recall.
« Last Edit: 03-01-2014, 18:01:12 by kingtiger1891 »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 03-01-2014, 19:01:32 »
I'm quite disappointed with maps added by admins, because they are of very bad quality even in comparision to other custom maps posted here in the past (except Op. Sonnenwende). Unfortunately I'm too busy with real life problems now and most likely for whole next week to give you proper and detailed feeback but those Italian campaing maps are good examples of something unique and original as they are based on completely new front. I can't understand what was the reason of picking up these maps and no such gems like Bloody Gulch, FHT Battle of Britain, St Mere Eglise, or St. Fromond (and "hurr durr run your own servers jan" is not an anwser). I'm asking seriously now, was there any kind of technical problems with picking other maps? Original mappers didn't aprove? Argument of these particular maps being tested doesn't convince me because they look like they're in their early beta stages (maps are too big, there are no lightmaps indoors, dozens of floaters, strange statics placement, weird road connections, a lot of empty places, lack of details, boring gameplay and HEAVY LAGS) I hope you will replace these maps with some other, better ones in the future if you really need any custom maps in your rotation.
« Last Edit: 03-01-2014, 19:01:39 by jan_kurator »

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 03-01-2014, 19:01:53 »
Marketing, mate. Save the best for people who join F|H or 762, this is good for recruitment.

Not to mention maps like Mere Eglise have been run in the past.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 03-01-2014, 19:01:12 »
Marketing, mate. Save the best for people who join F|H or 762, this is good for recruitment.

Not to mention maps like Mere Eglise have been run in the past.
During events, not on the main public server.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #72 on: 03-01-2014, 20:01:48 »
Jan, check this thread, it may answer some of your questions:
http://www.762-ranking.de/forum/showthread.php?1062-Best-of-Wacht-am-Rhein-comment-ask-for-help-criticise-vote-here

As for the rest, I only bring people together and try to get the best I can.

IMHO Elsenborn is too large, but it had to be given a try.
Herrlisheim is nice, I liked it in the campaign and asked (!) for it.
Battle of foy was a request of mine, too.
Operation Nordwind, too, maybe that one could use the pushmode again.

Pushmode was removed on all maps because the mappers of [F|H] thought that public players would not follow it like the organised players of a tournament and thereby make the map lock up at some point.

I have to ask (!) [F|H] for what they are willing (!) to give us. They want to play their campaigns, and rightfully so, reserve some maps for their next campaign. That is only just, they need attraction for new players just as we do. Find me workable maps that are not copyrighted, claimed by someone and of good quality and we will consider adding them to the rotation.

At the moment we have these 4, we will play these 4 for a while and listen to the player's feedback.
2 days ago we had 128 players online. As of now we have 108 players. So as far as I'm concerned, I have achieved what I wanted, to get some players back to FH2 and bridge the time to the next patch. Who knows what will happen in a few months.
« Last Edit: 03-01-2014, 20:01:35 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 03-01-2014, 20:01:06 »
..St. Fromond..

actually, what happened to that map? I remember I kinda liked that location, both in CoH and the FH2 adaptation

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #74 on: 03-01-2014, 21:01:50 »
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=5327.120

+ we tried it some weeks ago on a passworded server to see if it was feasible, but it needs some work.
5hitm4k3r could do some work there, but his time is limited, too. As said, FH2 needs mappers :D
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I