Author Topic: operation goodwood  (Read 14200 times)

Offline naoko

• View Profile
operation goodwood
« on: 13-10-2009, 19:10:35 »
bot stuck

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: operation goodwood
« Reply #1 on: 13-10-2009, 21:10:39 »
Yes, the AI in goodwood is... well, the map crashes, Naoko, y'know... If that helps you get the current situation... We are given our feedback and change suggestions as we speak... I think it will be done in time - Even trying to get WinterHilf to release the AI files for any and all 2.2 maps (Including African maps) as and when he is done coding them... But please, don't quote me ;-)

Offline naoko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-10-2009, 17:10:21 »
oke thanks
i'm just want to help you spot the problem. 8)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-11-2009, 16:11:56 »
Anyone knows why this map crashes besides the known Sherman M4A1 spawning in both Le Prieure and Le Mesnil Frementel? It seems like all Churcill's version also fail to substitute them.

I changed them into other working tank such as Late Shermans, well it helps delay the crashes before it went crashing again for unknown problem.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-11-2009, 16:11:04 »
I believe WinterHilf got that fixed... or so he said - Been gegging for a release of that - ought to be the most interested Normandy map if it worked

Still is, for the 5 minutes until the Brits cap the said bases and use those tanks... One got the Germans attacking with PZIVs and Panthers... had one ball of a firefight with tanks and AT infantry... Until some idiot got carried away and jumped into a Sherman :-(

Please give us this map  :'(

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-11-2009, 17:11:08 »
The tanks are alright, i modified them into spawning the usable Sherman V instead of Sherman M4A1 (which is causing crashes).

But it keeps crashing. I suppose the Universal Carrier French thingy. But it isn't we haven't capped Cagny to spawn those stuff, and it already crashed. Must be some other thing. And well, i spawned the KingTiger... it is awesome, and the bot used it too.

Winterhilf will probably avoid releasing it because of the potential to attract idiots who keep complaining that they can't join Goodwood on any online server after installing the SP-modified Goodwood. People like these cannot just read the warnings  ;D

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06-11-2009, 17:11:24 »
The tanks are alright, i modified them into spawning the usable Sherman V instead of Sherman M4A1 (which is causing crashes).

But it keeps crashing...

Is there a vehicle on this map that hasn't been enabled for bots asides from the M4A1? It'd be a vehicle that's not on any other (working) SP map, the Wirbelwind perhaps?

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #7 on: 06-11-2009, 17:11:01 »
Sherman II late and the french bren carrier are the only non sp vehicles on this map that I know of.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06-11-2009, 18:11:10 »
Wirbelwind on Goodwood? *slaps forehead* (I was thinking of Totalize... ::))

I get the same, changed M4A1's to Cromwells, capped all four flags on the British side of the railway, went to Le Poirier and started to cap it and CRASH... :(

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07-11-2009, 09:11:37 »
Still doesn't work after replacing both Sherman II and French Universal Carrier.

I've been tweaking the AI all day long. The stupid bots now spawn inside the house in Le Mesnil Frementel for eventhough they no longer spawn and stuck at 2nd level. The problem is it seems there are too many of them now spawn there and the British bots couldn't just cap it easily. A lot of tweaking will certainly make this map incompatible with the online servers. But one of the solution i can think at the moment is to separate both maps.

Is there any better tool besides the BF2 editor? Still unfamiliar with its complexity. Missed the old friendly BF1942  :-\ However the newer ones have more eye candies that i couldn't just trade for the user-friendliness :D

A few thoughts about SP:
SP is pretty important development IMO, especially the co-op ones, since majority of FH2 servers are empty most of the time, which prevents potential fans joining at any time. Having a few co-op server will help future players to have a taste of FH2 game play thus increasing the chance of joining our player base. SP doesn't always mean for those with poor connection such as me, djinn, and few others. Moreover, it also help n00bs practice shooting moving targets.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24-11-2009, 12:11:31 »
Sad this map CTDs... After a few games, i actually add this map to the list, knowing it will Crash eventually, but needing to experience Normandy for real... The US maps are cool, but too unique in their gameplay and dark for the experience I want... And not spread out enough for/ or without any tanks for proper tank-infantry combat...

I wonder if someone can give me the HOW on changing code for the Sherman tank and the Normandy universal carrier. I'm sure it will CTD eventually, but it will take alot longer with these out of the way

Please spell it out to me, you will dictating to a n00b as far modding is concerned

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24-11-2009, 14:11:49 »
Ok, first go into your ...mods\fh2\levels folder and open the server.zip.

The file you need to modify is: GamePlayObjects.con (It's under: Gamemodes\sp3\64)

Open it and you'll see a lot of this:

Code: [Select]
rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: CP_64_Goodwood_LePrieure_sherman]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner CP_64_Goodwood_LePrieure_sherman
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner CP_64_Goodwood_LePrieure_sherman
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser "winter"
ObjectTemplate.isNotSaveable 1
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 m4a1mid_eu_brit
ObjectTemplate.minSpawnDelay 70
ObjectTemplate.maxSpawnDelay 100
ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 120
ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 1

The line you need to change is: ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 m4a1mid_eu_brit

Change m4a1mid_eu_brit to whatever you want to spawn there instead (e.g. I changed mine to cromwell)

NOTE: You have to make sure what you type in is correct. What I mean is, if I'd put in 'Cromwell' instead of 'cromwell' it probably wouldn't work. Likewise 'm4a1mid_eu_brit', if it had spaces instead of the underscores, it probably wouldn't work.
Personally, I just cut and paste what I want from elsewhere in the same file (prevents typos).

Save and exit. It's that simple... :)

Do you still have winterhilf's fix for the UC? Actually, I don't suppose it matters, you can always swap it for something else.

Oh, one more thing, some of that list will have two 'ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate' lines:
Code: [Select]
rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: CP_64_Goodwood_CagnyWest_transport]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner CP_64_Goodwood_CagnyWest_transport
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner CP_64_Goodwood_CagnyWest_transport
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser "winter"
ObjectTemplate.isNotSaveable 1
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 sdkfz251_d
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 universalcarrier_france_bren
These two spawn at the same place, but which one depends on who owns the flag. E.g: the sdkfz will spawn if Germany holds the flag and the UC if Britain hold it.

Hope that makes sense.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24-11-2009, 16:11:29 »
Just had a go on Goodwood as the Germans, and played for more than 20 minutes before it crashed!!

This was with the Sherman M4A1 removed. When I tried it before (playing as Brits), the longest it would go for was about 10 mins, if that.

I get the impression the problem lies with a German tank/vehicle, because the best the Brits could manage was to hold Le Prieure and Cagny (E&W), before we pushed 'em back. The only German tank that spawned (at the uncap) was a Pz.IV Ausf.H.

Unfortunately, I don't know what was going on when it did CTD. (Jeez, you leave the room for ONE minute and it crashes... >:( >:( >:()

Gonna try again tomorrow.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24-11-2009, 18:11:58 »
Yeah, i tried that long before. The UC France is okay, we can use it. But the Sherman II cannot. It seems there is a broken object in Normandy maps that makes the AI error.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25-11-2009, 18:11:48 »
thanks for the reply, CF

I sure hope we get a solution for this, I'm getting tired of the Normandy maps since 2 of em are infantry only, and the 3rd is Luttich, which has action taken place within a tiny area of the map... First map made for Normandy and all, its little wonder

And the fact is, the best Normandy maps for SP DON'T have SP... Its like a Forgotten Hope curse...FH1 had the best maps for each theater or kind of warfare without SP... ie. Midway, Seelow, Saipan amongst others

POSTED HOURS LATER:
So I tried replacing the M4A1-mid with the cromwell just as you said, and for the darndest reason the frigging tnak keeps coming back... I mean, I did a search within the file - There is absolutely no Sherman in that file except the Sherman V! But somehow Sherman II keeps appearing... CTDer and all. Jumped in one just to make sure... CTDed nicely too. Copy the file out, edit it, save, copy it over its old self... Change the UCs with M3A1s.. didn't even get to see em spawn before the Sherman II did it for me

What the heck am I doing wrong?! :-(
« Last Edit: 25-11-2009, 23:11:20 by djinn »