Author Topic: "The program can't start because NovintHFX.dll is missing..."  (Read 3844 times)

Offline Donker Dullit

• View Profile
I have re-loaded the Complete Battlefield Collection (retail disc) onto my new desktop running Win 7 (64 bit). The disc patches BF2 up to 1.41. I then downloaded the final 1.5 patch (via a torrent), installed and checked that BF2 worked correctly - it did!

The only reason I did the above was so that I could play FH2 on my new PC...

Note of appreciation: I've spent more hours playing the two Tobruk maps on my old XP rig than any game previously. I have such respect and appreciation to you guys for creating a truly stunning game. Thank you.  8)

Naturally I was delighted to discover your new 2.45 version, so downloaded parts 1 and 2 from the FH2 website.

Unpacked and installed them into the EA Games/BF2 folder.

When I double click on the desktop icon it states: The program can't start because NovintHFX.dll is missing...

I've checked responses to other's having this problem and have tried the following:

- Downloaded NovintHFX.dll and pasted it into the BF2 folder - made no difference 
- Turn off User Access Control - made no difference 
- Access FH2 via the community tab in BF2 - Can't because BF2 no longer works!  When I double click the BF2 desktop icon, the disc whirs, screen goes black, then it kicks me back to the desktop.
- I then deleted BF2 and then re-installed everything again. Exactly the same result as above.

Appreciate if someone can help me

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 is default location for a windows 64 bit system where you want to put the NovintHFX.dll file.

Since you can't start BF2 I think there is something wrong with the display resolution. Start BF2 with +fullscreen 0 added to the shortcut.
Now you can see the error message.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Donker Dullit

• View Profile
I reloaded BF2 and patched up to 1.5. Tested that it worked.
Loaded FH2.45 parts 1 and 2 and now when I double click on the desktop icon I see this Error message:

Copy file mods/fh2/movies/menu43.bik -> mods/fh2/movies/menu.bik failed.
System unauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'mods/fh2/movies/menu.bik' is denied.
 at System.I.O._Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
 at System.I.O.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
 at FH2_Config.Form1.CopyFile(String src, String dst)

When I click on the (ironically named) 'OK' button it returns the following error message:

Create file mods/fh2/fh2settings/configured.txt failed

When I 'OK' that, it...

Wait for it....

Launches FH2!    Music! With a Stuka in the air.

Can you throw any light on what is going on?

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
are you running as admin? also try with xp compability mode