Author Topic: Always "You have lost connection to server" before being able to join?  (Read 3011 times)

Offline DaMightyBob

• View Profile
Hello guys, sorry to jump hijack the thread but did not want to create a new one when there is already one up.

Got the same problem of losing connection as others, I can load maps and usually run around for 10-60seconds before losing connection, there is no lag too.
I have updated punkbuster (again).
Tried vanilla BF2 and FH2 singleplayer and they run without problems but still won't let me play FH2 servers, the 762 and hslan.
Also tried disabling the firewall/anti virus programs, no change

Getting really sad over this since it's a great game.

Offline Knallkopp_02

• View Profile
@Capten_C

On the 130 Player Server there is nö PB activated. The other Servers have got PB.

@DaMightyBob

Did u so tests with pbsetup.exe and pbsvc.exe? Only if those 2 are working without problems, everything is working. Copy them to the PB folder of your BF2 Folder and execute them.

Regards

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
It's especially annoying when there is only one slot open... you click to join, lose connection, try again, and then it's full  :'(

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
^^ Actually I believe it is fixed. It joins on the first click now.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline tom-at-o

• View Profile
i have the connect only on the second attempt problem and it is also on the stock BF2. To log on to the main screen is taking longer and there is a lot more crash to desktop.I think that EA games is at its work to discourage people from a aging game.

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
I still experience it too.

One cause of slow log on is an accumulation of unreachable "favorite" servers (which are added automatically). So try removing those.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have it too... well, isn't much of a problem anyway.

Offline MK

• View Profile
Hmm strange I can play at new 200 player test server but still connection lost in any other,this must be something with server settings

Offline MK

• View Profile
So i made few tests,problem is for sure from PB...solution

uninstall and fresh installation BF2 without any PB updating,if you update via pbsetup and want to join server = you have lost connection to server

Offline tom-at-o

• View Profile
Thank you  Laboraffe. That solved my slow connection problem.There were many more favorites than i had applied.