Author Topic: bf2/fh2 crash issue  (Read 3959 times)

Offline gijas04

• View Profile
Re: bf2/fh2 crash issue
« Reply #15 on: 06-10-2010, 02:10:05 »
usually an uninstaller should take care of the regfiles.

A few questions:
You are trying to play coop/SP maps? And even those that are on the working 'list' crash for you?
You deleted all files after reinstalling BF2? Even the mod folder of FH2 which doesn't uninstall with BF2?
What version of BF2 do you own? Is it a Steam/EA download or from a DVD?
Have you tried updating your sound card drivers or just disabling the sound card for a test?

Not sure if your response is directed at me but I play coop on a local server. I play against the bots or with them. Not all maps crash though mainly just the newer Normandy ones like Cobra, Merdith Line 64, etc. Edit: when maps change the RAM is not released so what is happening is my RAM is filling up and then when full it crashes. Is there anyway to run a Coop Server Locally against the Bots on serveral maps? must be a trick to this somewhere....

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06-10-2010, 08:10:48 »
It was directed to both of you. COOP and SP is basically the same principal and Maps with missing/faulty AI code willl crash in both instances afaik.

The RAM filling up is a typical BF2 thing. Unluckily there is nothing we can do about that.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline gijas04

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07-10-2010, 02:10:26 »
It was directed to both of you. COOP and SP is basically the same principal and Maps with missing/faulty AI code willl crash in both instances afaik.

The RAM filling up is a typical BF2 thing. Unluckily there is nothing we can do about that.

Yeah, who ever designed BF 2 (excluding Dice but more personal as the man himself) made a huge error or the right one since you have to rent a server on their server side for the game to be stable unless you have tons of RAM to spare and a blazing fast  PC. I just wish at the very least, I could play two or three maps in Coop without it crashing during the proccess. In older versions of FH2 like 2.6 and backwards the crashing happened but it seemed it was after playing serveral maps.
« Last Edit: 07-10-2010, 02:10:27 by gijas04 »