Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 64956 times)

Offline JellySoda

• View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #660 on: 09-02-2019, 23:02:46 »
Would it be possible to be able to mount deployable MGs on chest-height stuff rather than having to lay down to do it? So many times I've been in a trench that was keeping me safe however, I was unable to deploy the MG on the perfectly good top of the trench and be able to lay down some fire. Having to lay down and get out of the protective trench or bunker in order to fire the deployed MG is very counter-intuitive and more often than not gets you killed.

Offline FiveStars

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 10-02-2019, 12:02:03 »
Engine limitations. However on the note of MGs, I'd like to campaign to the dev's to have the aim time of the MG-42 be much faster

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 10-02-2019, 13:02:16 »
IIRC Project Reality mod has a different approach to deploying MG's; you can deploy MG's when crouching or standing, but it will stop you from moving. Maybe something similiar could be implemented.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 10-02-2019, 13:02:48 »
Lets beat the dead horse some more:

While the PR's method is pretty much the only feasible and flexible way of doing this, it also has the drawback where you could do this anywhere. So you'd have a gunner standing in the middle of a road with the gun deployed on nothing and firing with the increased accuracy the bipod would give you.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 10-02-2019, 16:02:20 »
While the PR's method is pretty much the only feasible and flexible way of doing this, it also has the drawback where you could do this anywhere. So you'd have a gunner standing in the middle of a road with the gun deployed on nothing and firing with the increased accuracy the bipod would give you.

Actually there might be another way of doing it, but it would probably have some limitations. What if you make the MGs deployable like those in the deployable MG kit? That way you can still deploy it on a sandbag, low wall or a wooden crate...

The limits are that sometimes it gets lost because of buggy statics and I'm not sure if it's possible to have linked ammo between the "deployable" and the normal version. Oh and another thing is it increases the load on the server IIRC.

However I see either that or the PR way being the only way forward for FH2 otherwise newer games will steal all the players. Even bloody H&G got bipods in a recent patch FFS!

Having said that the devs have a proven track record of being really stubborn regarding gameplay changes because of the delicate map balance so you shouldn't get your hopes up JellySoda.

I've personally been campaigning for some things for years but the last major gameplay change I can remember was the angle mod back in 2.4
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 20-03-2019, 09:03:42 »
I feel like this would be fun.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 20-03-2019, 13:03:50 »
Always down for more Italian love. I wonder if that model is any good tho. And didn’t we have someone in the community try and make one a long time ago?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 20-03-2019, 17:03:49 »
Always down for more Italian love. I wonder if that model is any good tho. And didn’t we have someone in the community try and make one a long time ago?
yeah, tho that dude never finished it and went awol

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 21-03-2019, 02:03:51 »
Is that the CV 33?  Why don't you include a link to it?
I got a China map in progress that could use that.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 21-03-2019, 18:03:40 »
That 3D model belongs to Bronco Models company;

Offline RayderPSG

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 27-03-2019, 14:03:23 »
Hi,

I don't  know if this was already discussed, but should Gazala and Villiers have a 32 and 16 layer? Also, how 762 works in deciding which layers is going to be played?
For example, today we were literally 4 players and VIlliers bocage (64 layer) started. It didn't even run the 32 one. Would be nice to have them if that doesn't suppose much work. Several times those situations kill completely the server.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 27-03-2019, 22:03:33 »
Hi,

I don't  know if this was already discussed, but should Gazala and Villiers have a 32 and 16 layer? Also, how 762 works in deciding which layers is going to be played?
For example, today we were literally 4 players and VIlliers bocage (64 layer) started. It didn't even run the 32 one. Would be nice to have them if that doesn't suppose much work. Several times those situations kill completely the server.

I agree. Villers has a 32 layer but no 16. Gazala has a 16 but no 32 off the top of my head.

Afaik, 762 works such that;

Server #1
code for automatic choice of the right mapsize:
0-25 players on the server at the end of the preceding round: 16p
25-60 players on the server at the end of the preceding round: 32p
60+ players on the server at the end of the preceding round: 64p
(works only if the map offers the needed size).

Server #2
code for automatic choice of the right mapsize:
0-25 players on the server at the end of the preceding round: 16p
25-50 players on the server at the end of the preceding round: 32p
50+ players on the server at the end of the preceding round: 64p
(works only if the map offers the needed size).

it will default to 64 if the map doesn't have the correct layer I think.

I agree that we need more 16 and 32 layers for these situations. Lots of the mappers are working on new maps atm, so they don't have much time. Tho every once in a while TS or someone will make smaller layers. Hopefully, in-time we can get all of the maps with the correct layers.

Offline RayderPSG

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 30-03-2019, 05:03:23 »
thx for the fast answer matt!

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 08-05-2019, 14:05:32 »
It's been quiet, so here are couple minor suggestions:

Jagdpanther has Panther's T.F.Z.12a gunsight. The correct one would be Sfl.Z.F.1 a, like on the Ferdinand.
(refer: Panzer Tracts 9, 9-3)

Rundumfeuer MG view on StuG III Ausf. G (late) has been set from the commander's cupola, when it should be from the base of the MG 34. If anyone interested, it would seem fairly simple to fabricate a historically accurate gun sight for Rundumfeuer, on both the Hetzer and StuG III Ausf. G (late): take the StuG gun sight and set the zoom to 3x. (refer: In Focus I: Jagdpanzer 38, pzfahrer.net)

Is it possible to increase the ammo capacity on Rundum... from 250 to the accurate min. of 600 rounds?
(refer: Panzer Tracts 8, 9)

Sfl.Z.F.1 a sight on all German tank destroyers and assault guns could be upgraded to "HD", if the reticle would appear slimmer or more defined. Some actual optics down below, notice the spacing between the "A's":

Thank you very much.
Edit: references added
« Last Edit: 09-05-2019, 09:05:16 by nysä »

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 08-05-2019, 17:05:05 »
i will create the tickets for them and see when we can do them
About the 600 rounds for the mg, do you have a reference ?
« Last Edit: 08-05-2019, 17:05:33 by Seth_Soldier »