Author Topic: A New Dawn, A FH2 Campaign  (Read 7803 times)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Re: A New Dawn, A FH2 Campaign
« Reply #30 on: 01-05-2017, 20:05:11 »
How much time does this sort of thing take? I'm interested in signing up for the American side, but these sorts of campaigns often have "training sessions" and such that I just can't set aside time for. But if it's just a few hours every Friday - sign me up!

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01-05-2017, 21:05:04 »
Battles are on Fridays at 18:00 UTC and they generally take up to 5 hours. The trainings are mandatory, but you are encouraged to join at worst as we all have different priorities on some of the days.

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01-05-2017, 21:05:25 »
If you can join training, very good.
If not, you're welcome too :-)

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02-05-2017, 06:05:52 »
This is a tournament promotion thread.  It is not an unforgivable sin to post criticism here but it is inappropriate and rude.  There are plenty of map feedback threads at 762 or other threads here for your uh "constructive" criticism.  The point of this thread is to attract participants.

Offline caeno

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04-05-2017, 10:05:31 »
How much time does this sort of thing take? I'm interested in signing up for the American side, but these sorts of campaigns often have "training sessions" and such that I just can't set aside time for. But if it's just a few hours every Friday - sign me up!

As Papillon said, you're welcome even if you don't have time for the practices once a week. Most of us are adults with real life responsibilities that come first and everyone understands that. Also, you don't have to play the entire duration of the battle or the practice. Personally I like to play as much as possible, because the experience is so much better than pubbie play.

Not sure if Airsharks message had a typo or not - practices are _not_ mandatory, but they can be very helpful and we encourage people to join them as often as possible. If you can't come, then you can't come - just mention a reason why you can't come on the forums and no one thinks badly of you missing a practice or practices. :)

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04-05-2017, 13:05:16 »
Not sure if Airsharks message had a typo or not - practices are _not_ mandatory, but they can be very helpful and we encourage people to join them as often as possible. If you can't come, then you can't come - just mention a reason why you can't come on the forums and no one thinks badly of you missing a practice or practices. :)

Yeah, it goes like you say. There were trainings where we had less than a dozen people join for a 100-man battle.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04-05-2017, 15:05:34 »
There were trainings where we had less than a dozen people join for a 100-man battle.
Sounds like beta testing ;)

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04-05-2017, 15:05:56 »
There were trainings where we had less than a dozen people join for a 100-man battle.
Sounds like beta testing ;)
About that....
This thread needs some updating...
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05-05-2017, 10:05:38 »

Tonight, May 5th 19GMT the map Juin '44 will be played

The first scrim will be played on the map Juin 44. The map was originally done by the mapper den75 from the French Hope team. Juin 44 is a highly detailed map of a fictitious french town, it offers endless gameplay possibilities.

For this campaign, we have prepared a 7 flag version on the 64 layer, and a 5 flag version on the 32 layer.

Two flags are outside of the town: Strongpoint and Domaine. The city contains 3 resp. 5 flags, evenly distributed. Axis has their mainbase in the west, Allied in the East.

The layout is a rush map, means all flags are neutral in the beginning. Both teams have an equal amount of vehicles, tanks and planes.

Click Below To Join

« Last Edit: 05-05-2017, 18:05:33 by RAnDOOm »

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 05-05-2017, 10:05:28 »
Juin 44

« Last Edit: 05-05-2017, 10:05:31 by RAnDOOm »

Offline RayderPSG

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06-05-2017, 14:05:33 »
Had a lot of fun yesterday night playing with and against you all! Teamwork, good atmosphere and new maps
Continue with this!

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06-05-2017, 17:05:47 »
Was a good battle, action everywhere.

We do have a lack of pilots on the Allied side, c'mon sign up flyboys!

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 06-05-2017, 18:05:35 »
Btw, is any of these maps being currently worked on by original mapper? I'm just curious  ;)

I haven't worked on Faid Pass since the campaigns started using it, a couple of years ago now I think. From the looks of it they have changed quite a few things, but that's probably for the best.

That map is largely the result of me Frankensteining together bits of unfinished smaller maps. On the one hand it resulted in some out of place stuff, but it's also the only way I'd actually finish anything because otherwise I'd just get bored with projects before they were done. Mapping takes a long time.

Offline Wualy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08-05-2017, 09:05:30 »
Battle was extremely fun and intense inside and outside the city. No flag was quiet and no one could consider himself safe from enemy attacks.

Looking forward for the next one!!

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11-05-2017, 12:05:13 »

Tomorrow , May 12th , 19GMT , the map Faid Pass will be played.

Faid Pass was part of the series of battles fought around Kasserine Pass,
a 2 mile (3.2 km) wide gap in the Grand Dorsal chain of the Atlas Mountains in west central Tunisia.

"In an attempt to prevent the Allied forces from launching an offensive into southern Tunisia, Erwin Rommel ordered General Hans-Jürgen von Arnim to launch an attack on Faïd Pass, which was carried out by German 21st Panzer Division on 30 Jan. General Alphonse Juin of French XIX Corps reached out to General Lloyd Fredendall of US II Corps for assistance, but the slowness of Fredendall's reaction and the swiftness of the German attack caused the French to suffer great casualties and to give up the pass."

Click Below To Join
« Last Edit: 12-05-2017, 11:05:04 by RAnDOOm »