Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 2 Realism Mod?  (Read 22531 times)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 2 Realism Mod?
« Reply #120 on: 30-12-2010, 20:12:58 »
Player VS Player interaction doesn't work like that... you shoot at someone 125m away in FH2 with these dark maps and BF2 foV, you don't see with your eyes if you hit him or not... you might not even see if you killed him.  :-\

I would really like to know what it is you think would be more fun if you didn't know if you hit or killed the enemy  :)

Offline Malsa

• A very static artist.
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 30-12-2010, 21:12:56 »
I've played games with no hit detection. Makes almost no difference to the "fun" of the game at all. If something, it adds more excitement. The point might just be, that if you always shouldn't be able to tell if you killed an enemy or not if you can't see it with your own eyes. It could even be something that adds depth.
This could be more fun for you as a player when someone is shooting at you, knowing that there isn't always going to be someone coming after you like some hitman.
I can understand why someone would want to make this change. It could add immersion, and a slight tingling sensation of excitement. Everything doesn't always have to be aimed at increasing "TEH FUN". There are lots of things that I like to do, but that I don't describe as fun. Maths for instance, it's not fun _at_all_, but solving problems can be extremely rewarding!

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 30-12-2010, 21:12:37 »
Player VS Player interaction doesn't work like that... you shoot at someone 125m away in FH2 with these dark maps and BF2 foV, you don't see with your eyes if you hit him or not...

Yes you do. If you shoot at someone, fh2's 1s1k (or at least bleed) makes him die, slow down or hide to heal himself.

Also, removing the hit indicator would prevent a lot of lame sniping and blind firing (especially if you remove the kill messages too).

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 30-12-2010, 21:12:00 »
exactly, been playing PR since 0.3 and i trough lack of hit indicator and huge ping  would make my world sad, but you hardly notice it: just point at the target, fire a few times and ragdoll hist the ground, clean and simple.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 30-12-2010, 21:12:54 »
exactly, been playing PR since 0.3 and i trough lack of hit indicator and huge ping  would make my world sad, but you hardly notice it: just point at the target, fire a few times and ragdoll hist the ground, clean and simple.

More like: ragdoll flails his arms wildly and glitches into the ground ;)

Offline Malsa

• A very static artist.
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 30-12-2010, 21:12:58 »
Also, removing the hit indicator would prevent a lot of lame sniping and blind firing (especially if you remove the kill messages too).

Well people are still going try their luck, but they won't get feedback if they killed someone or not.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 30-12-2010, 21:12:02 »

or in case of FH2, flys 500 meters in the air xD

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 30-12-2010, 21:12:43 »

or in case of FH2, flys 500 meters in the air xD

well that was solved luckily

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 31-12-2010, 00:12:10 »
Player VS Player interaction doesn't work like that... you shoot at someone 125m away in FH2 with these dark maps and BF2 foV, you don't see with your eyes if you hit him or not... you might not even see if you killed him.  :-\

You make it sound like a bad thing that you don't always get a 100% certainty if you hit the enemy or not.

I would really like to know what it is you think would be more fun if you didn't know if you hit or killed the enemy  :)

People get "kicks" from different things. Some consider it fun when there is no overlay indication if they hit or even killed the enemy. The immersion that the uncertainty brings with it is fun for others.
Some others might need a huge red flashing "+100 points for Triple Headshot" title in the middle of the screen after each hit.

FH2 is not 1s1k every time you shoot... as Ts4Ever pointed out

No one actually said that FH2 is _only_ 1s1k if you guys paid attention but that it is _mostly_ it, so that got me wondering why there is this hit cross feature by default. It feels totally redundant from someone moving to FH2 from other game engines.

Offline Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 31-12-2010, 03:12:57 »

Man I could empty two clips into a guys direction 30m away and the guy would still be standing there, i can understand weapon sway but jeeez. Can't hit the broadside of a barn ::)
''But the past is just the same,—and War's a bloody game. . . .
Have you forgotten yet? . . .
Look down, and swear by the slain of the War that you'll never
forget.''

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 31-12-2010, 04:12:59 »
you suck then xD, unless you where firing a g3, that thing kicks like hell. otherwise, just stop moving, count to 3 and star firing, you have the same chanse of hiting a moving target than in FH2.

Offline Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 31-12-2010, 04:12:17 »
Unless things have changed in the whole accuracy department since 0.87 (last time i played) then I stand by my comment. And believe me, I was in a prone, ready position. But hey, maybe that's just me.
''But the past is just the same,—and War's a bloody game. . . .
Have you forgotten yet? . . .
Look down, and swear by the slain of the War that you'll never
forget.''

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 31-12-2010, 04:12:10 »
Unless things have changed in the whole accuracy department since 0.87 (last time i played) then I stand by my comment. And believe me, I was in a prone, ready position. But hey, maybe that's just me.

its not just you  ;)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 31-12-2010, 17:12:24 »
You make it sound like a bad thing that you don't always get a 100% certainty if you hit the enemy or not.

I don't know why the game shouldn't be informing me about the primary action of the game...

S-mines
At-mines
Handgrenades
Mortars
Artillery

You don't want killmessages for these weapons?... Then we might as well remove it all or? What fun is it to place S-mines or Shell with Mortar if you don't know when you kill someone?

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 31-12-2010, 19:12:20 »
I get my kicks out of this game by eliminating enemy threats. I don´t really need kill message for that.

If I shoot someone, I can see him falling.
If I shell some place, I can see bodies fly.
If I mine the road on my back and secure the front with my rifle, I do it to be safe and not to get kill messages.
Even more, if I throw Handgrenades left and right while charging a flag and get kill messages for my Handgrenades without even looking, it might be funny, but also takes much away from intense realistic feel of uncertainty.

I think the players who only want fun do not even play this game, because they leave after being shot by rifles without ever seeing an enemy a few times.. Every newcomer has to go trough getting owned the first days and those who just seek fun won´t make it.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---